*** The Official [H]ard ARC ***

snakebiteuk35 said:
Sorry i will read the rules for future updates THX for posting

NP, just wanted to make sure you (and everyone else) knew.

Oh and btw.....I didnt look before but.....welcome to [H] dude. :cool:

aoc007 said:
78281 all air :) Im goin for 80k once my NV Silencer 5 gets back from rma and I get mods
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=952427402

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd there I go.......off the list. :(

At the same time its great to see more and more "up there" scores coming from my peers here at [H].....keep it comin' guys.....cus I'll be shootin' for 73k with my new mobo and cooling mods on my card.....I kinda hope that by the time I have it all finished I won't even be able to get back on the Top 10.....cus I wanna see the rest of you guys crank your systems to their widths ends too. :D

EDIT: aoc007, you'll have to take 3 lines out of your sig.....I dont think the forum rules changed since the cleaning was done, and previously we were supposed to keep our sigs to 10 lines or less. I'm at 1280x1024 so the text isn't wrapping at all.....I want to thank you guys for respecting my wishes in this thread, but lets also respect Kyle's too...especially if it's something little like this. All it'll take is removing the backup system from your sig and you'll be good to go dude, no hard feelings.

cornelious0_0 said:
Aaaaaaaannnnnnd there I go.......off the list. :(

At the same time its great to see more and more "up there" scores coming from my peers here at [H].....keep it comin' guys.....cus I'll be shootin' for 73k with my new mobo and cooling mods on my card.....I kinda hope that by the time I have it all finished I won't even be able to get back on the Top 10.....cus I wanna see the rest of you guys crank your systems to their widths ends too. :D

EDIT: aoc007, you'll have to take 3 lines out of your sig.....I dont think the forum rules changed since the cleaning was done, and previously we were supposed to keep our sigs to 10 lines or less. I'm at 1280x1024 so the text isn't wrapping at all.....I want to thank you guys for respecting my wishes in this thread, but lets also respect Kyle's too...especially if it's something little like this. All it'll take is removing the backup system from your sig and you'll be good to go dude, no hard feelings.

Done :)

Jabroni31169, it's not so bad seeing as you responded twice in a row like that, but please.....keep the score posts/updates to one per day from now on if you can.

cornelious0_0 said:
Thx for posting even though you're not on the Top 10....
:) That's what I figured when I saw the top 10 list already over my score.

Vapochill LS
AMD Athlon FX-53 @ 2.8GHz(Will do 2.9 it seems, but the RAM wont go)
1024MB PC4000 Kingston HyperX(sucks on A64)
BFG 6800 GT @ 410/1220
4x 36.7GB Raptors RAID0
MSI K8N Neo2

Protoform-X said:
Vapochill LS
AMD Athlon FX-53 @ 2.8GHz(Will do 2.9 it seems, but the RAM wont go)
1024MB PC4000 Kingston HyperX(sucks on A64)
BFG 6800 GT @ 410/1220
4x 36.7GB Raptors RAID0
MSI K8N Neo2

I envy your HDD setup. :D

It's kinda funny though, all that CPU horsepower and a GT that'll barely clear Ultra clocks.....just seems kinda out of place to me. :p

Yeah man 74k seems kinda low.... I have a Ultra with a relatively "weak" 3.2@4ghz p4 and a Ultra and I get 78k

I honestly think it's the RAM. The timings suck and it's at PC3200 speeds.

Edit: Who wants to buy two 6800 GT's so I can get an Ultra Extreme? :p

Protoform-X said:
I honestly think it's the RAM. The timings suck and it's at PC3200 speeds.

Edit: Who wants to buy two 6800 GT's so I can get an Ultra Extreme? :p

Sell one and get some OCZ 3700EB ;) I dont think theres much difference between the Ultra and Ultra Extreme, Extremes might clock a little bit higher, but theyre impossible to buy, Id rather have a XT-PE anyway, I'll probably sell my Ultra and get one of the new 512mb ATi cards next month.

Sell one and get some OCZ 3700EB

That would be SO much more effective then getting an Ultra Extreme...which IS the exact same thing as an Ultra, just clocked higher....the BIOS's are the same except for the clock speed, and they run on the same voltage i believe.

Get the EB if you can, you'll thank us later. ;)

I'll probably sell my Ultra and get one of the new 512mb ATi cards next month.

Got any OFFICIAL links or proof? I just find it kind of hard to believe they'd be out next month already when there has been NO mention of them at all....Nvidia had really openly stated they ARE working on a 512MB card....and God only knows how far off that might still be.....I find it kind of hard to believe that ATI has just come up out of nowhere with a 512MB card in the next month without any links....nothing personal. ;)

I have my eyes set on the Crucial Ballistix PC4000. It appears to perform beyond even the EB in the MSI K8N Neo2.

75,309 http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1624094460

265849aquamark_pcbench.jpg

Finally.....an updated score. :p

Thx for the easy update by the way....still #5. Come on dude, pump an extra 300 points outa that thing and overthrow Kyle. :D

I love Kyle, but his backside is not very attractive, to be sure. Sorry kyle. ;) Anyway, it was bugging me that I was so close to 75k but not past it.

Before I tore this box down to try out the MSI NEO2 Plat a few weeks ago, I was getting around 77k with the Asus A8V that's in here now. I'm not sure what changed, I'm trying to track down that little Gremlin.

Not sure if it's an XP SP2 thing with this specific Bench or not, because that's the only variable that has changed. That would be strange though because generally my performance is a tad bit better after service pack 2 in most apps, games and benches I've tested.

Oh well.

PopCorn said:
I love Kyle, but his backside is not very attractive, to be sure. Sorry kyle. ;) Anyway, it was bugging me that I was so close to 75k but not past it.

Before I tore this box down to try out the MSI NEO2 Plat a few weeks ago, I was getting around 77k with the Asus A8V that's in here now. I'm not sure what changed, I'm trying to track down that little Gremlin.

Not sure if it's an XP SP2 thing with this specific Bench or not, because that's the only variable that has changed. That would be strange though because generally my performance is a tad bit better after service pack 2 in most apps, games and benches I've tested.

Oh well.

Were/are you using the same drivers before and after the uninstall/install of the board? the 61.34's are the only ones you should be using for Aquamark3.....they score about 2k higher then the 61.77's for me. Take a look at the ARC over at www.aquamark3.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Everyong in the first couple pages using a 6800 series card is using the 61.34's or the 61.21's....which I actually haven't got to work yet. Regardless, make sure you're always running the 61.34's for AM3, I was quite surprised at the gains they gave me.

EDIT: Dude, i just checked your overview....and you ARE using the 61.77's.....for shame. :(

Get the 61.34's installed on their pronto and you should blow right by Kyle.

Like I said, my score went up just over 2k from the 61.34 drivers....and while I can't gaurantee the same success with you....I dont see why they wouldnt at least give you enough of a boost to overthrow Mr. Bennett. ;)

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check those Drivers out when I get time.

I don't bench that much anymore, really only when I'm setting a box up and want to check for stability. I spend most of my time gaming these days since so many great games are coming out. This thread happened to come along when I was setting this Box back up, so I thought I would take part in it since I was using AM3 to shake this rig down.

=)

cornelious0_0 said:
Were/are you using the same drivers before and after the uninstall/install of the board? the 61.34's are the only ones you should be using for Aquamark3.....they score about 2k higher then the 61.77's for me. Take a look at the ARC over at www.aquamark3.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Everyong in the first couple pages using a 6800 series card is using the 61.34's or the 61.21's....which I actually haven't got to work yet. Regardless, make sure you're always running the 61.34's for AM3, I was quite surprised at the gains they gave me.

EDIT: Dude, i just checked your overview....and you ARE using the 61.77's.....for shame. :(

Get the 61.34's installed on their pronto and you should blow right by Kyle.

Like I said, my score went up just over 2k from the 61.34 drivers....and while I can't gaurantee the same success with you....I dont see why they wouldnt at least give you enough of a boost to overthrow Mr. Bennett. ;)

Whoa 61.34 will give me a 2k lead?? I could break 80k and be on top of your little list here :D I doubt I will tho cuz then Id just have to reinstall the 61.77, I like it for games.

Not exactly a 2k jump. Actually, not even sure if it helped at all.

You were sittin just over 1k lower then that with your previous score....so I'd say it must have done something. ;)

Whoa 61.34 will give me a 2k lead?? I could break 80k and be on top of your little list here I doubt I will tho cuz then Id just have to reinstall the 61.77, I like it for games.

As you may have already guessed.....not everyone will always gain the same amount of performance from the same driver set....but no matter which way you look at it, the 61.34's are the fastest Forceware's out there for Aquamark3 on your 6800 series card. Wether or not someone else is going to see the gain that I did is up in the air.....but there WILL be something.

Why not just do what I did if you hate switching drivers for games and benchmarking? I've got a seperate 5GB partition created just for benchmarking, in which I have ONLY the bare essentials installed....no sound....no internet......no visual garbage...no nothing....as plain and "barely functional" as you can make XP.....to the point where you WOULDN'T be able to do your everyday computing on it. I know it might seem like a chore....but it was worth it. Not only did it boost my score quite significantly over using my main partition.....but it allows me to have a seperate driver installed on THAT partition for benchmarking....and the latest Forceware's on Nvidia's site for gaming.

Give it some thought....it works great...and it WILL boost your scores at least a little.

I wonder how many people realise Aquamarks score is based on the average framerate, for example if it shows FPS:75.31 you're score will be 75,309 etc. so if you get a "1k boost" from another driver you're really only talking about a 1 FPS boost , Just an observation :D

cornelious0_0 ,Ive been slowly overclocking my cpu and so far its been rock stable at 3.3ghz /default voltage, aquamark score is at 69k .. but it looks like A64's are owning this one tho :eek:

I wonder how many people realise Aquamarks score is based on the average framerate, for example if it shows FPS:75.31 you're score will be 75,309 etc. so if you get a "1k boost" from another driver you're really only talking about a 1 FPS boost , Just an observation

I assumed most everyone realised that by now.....it is only a 1fps boost for a 1k score boost....but that's 1fps OVERALL, which is still fairly significant. ;)

cornelious0_0 ,Ive been slowly overclocking my cpu and so far its been rock stable at 3.3ghz /default voltage, aquamark score is at 69k .. but it looks like A64's are owning this one tho

Of course they are.....what did you expect? A64's are not only owning the gaming benchmarks (like they started to with s754) but now they're taking the top spots in all the synthetic tests to boot. I still really want to move over to a 3500+ s939 setup.....but I think I'm just gonna stick with my Pentium. I'm going for a 1GHz overclock on my 2.8C with my new mobo/cooling I'm getting, and seeing the prices have come down I might move up to a 3.2C a bit down the road. I dunno, but I have no problem NOT having an A64 if I'm still doing fairly well for an Intel setup.

Corn...have you thought of making this a TOP 20 list? Even though I don't participate in the listing, I think a top 20 list would be cool.

Top 20 would show a wider spread. Also, it might be cool to list the video card used and maybe the CPU beside the scores on page 1. I know it's more work but it might be educational. I know that you can get this info by clicking the links, so it's just a thought.

Corn...have you thought of making this a TOP 20 list? Even though I don't participate in the listing, I think a top 20 list would be cool.

Top 20 would show a wider spread. Also, it might be cool to list the video card used and maybe the CPU beside the scores on page 1. I know it's more work but it might be educational. I know that you can get this info by clicking the links, so it's just a thought.

If I could get a mod to alter the name of the thread directly after I did the "alterations" then I don't see why I wouldnt be able to. The only reason it started out as a Top 10 is because that's typically what you see for these kind of things when it comes to rankings as opposed to a Top20 or Top30.

However, seeing as it doesn't seem that we have a LOT of new blood lately I might take some time today to make the revisions.

In terms of listing system specs next to the link I would have it written in the form of: Username - specs - score/link. To reduce the amount of questioning I have to do with people I would most likely just record a cpu clock along with the video card clock.....possibly the mobo.....any more information then that and it'll start to get cluttered.

What I'll most likely do it alter the first post to make note of the system specs being recorded....so that people can post them IN their posts.....as many ppl dont put their rig in their sigs. Any members of the current Top10 will retain their placings.....but I would ask that you PM me with your: cpu brand/model/clock.....video card brand/name/clock, and mobo brand/name. The PM is just to keep the thread a little bit cleaner.....so basically, if you see yourself on the Top 20 and your specs are NOT listed just PM them to me.

I'll get to work on it right away guys....enjoy. :)

EDIT: Heh, if anything this'll get me back on the list again. :p

ok just got my 6800GT 2 weeks ago and havent pushed it yet.

But I got 66,635 on my first and only attempt so far. Was only at 380/1090

I got 52,110 with my old 5900nu.

There we go guys....you asked.....and I delivered. :D

Please re-read the first post (at the bottom) for what to do if your listed specs are incomplete.

Happy Benching. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
There we go guys....you asked.....and I delivered. :D

Please re-read the first post (at the bottom) for what to do if your listed specs are incomplete.

Happy Benching. :cool:

Good job and nice clocks on your GT.

PopCorn said:
Good job and nice clocks on your GT.
Thx......not bad for stock cooling I guess. :p

I really hope I can get my hands on an NVSilencer fairly soon though, for obvious reason. ;)

Back