The official "clean desktop" club.

Just got my new MBA, still learning my way around and figuring out what I actually use, going to have to post when im done, but pretty clean for me right now ....

Screenshot%202014-05-06%2017.43.08.png

Anyone tried using Omnimo UI with Rainmeter?

I've not used W8 but I like the idea of panels rather than the usual ugly desktop shortcuts,
using W7 you can create a W8 panels type desktop with dynamic and active panels and arrange things as you want and there is also a Start panel that links to the start menu, nuff said :rolleyes:

It's fun to play with and like most Rainmeter themes you can add panels from other themes to it for a totally unique design, this design is obviously not very minimalist but that's easily achieved.

Here is my first attempt at a customized W8 desktop, incidentally, the Omnimo UI sits on top of the W7 desktop which is quickly accessed by toggling Omnimo on/off.

White%20Robot-s.jpg

White%20Robot%20%20sidebar-s.jpg

Omnimo also has W8 panels like the charm bar and the sidebar as in this shot.

White%20Robot%20%20sidebar-start-s.jpg

DONT PANIC, there is a panel that links to the start menu ;)

That's a neat layout, I''ll probably calm down a bit and make a more minimalist layout when I've played around some more but the ability to customize so easily is quite addictive :rolleyes:
I'm trying to sort out a RSS feed reader panel, I want to add a feed to a reader but as I've never used a reader before I've no idea what I'm doing but I'll work it out, like your desk layout, do you collect mech k/boards by any chance :cool:

That's a neat layout, I''ll probably calm down a bit and make a more minimalist layout when I've played around some more but the ability to customize so easily is quite addictive :rolleyes:
I'm trying to sort out a RSS feed reader panel, I want to add a feed to a reader but as I've never used a reader before I've no idea what I'm doing but I'll work it out, like your desk layout, do you collect mech k/boards by any chance :cool:

Why yes, yes I do collect mech keyboards :)

New monitor, new resolution, new background. That is me auto crossing at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.

updated bg by OEM+, on Flickr

Nice car, but more importantly, you have entirely too few taskbar icons to be making them so tiny. At that point, I'd just auto-hide the thing :confused:

Thanks.

I can't stand autho-hide, it annoys the shit out of me because its too slow for me, and I also can't stand large icons. My wife likes them on her laptop and anytime I use hers they drive me nuts. I also make my start bar bigger because I like to see the day of week.

Another for me. I absolutely love F1 and would give 1.5 testicles to be a F1 driver.

F1BG by OEM+, on Flickr

I wasn't even 10 when Senna passed, but I wish I could have watched those days.

Wztdwvj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wztdwvj.jpg

Nothing amazing. Having fun messing with Windows 8.1 now that I've (finally) upgraded my PC and from Vista. I wish there were Rainmeter plugins that worked with Grooveshark.. I like having a Rainmeter music plugin, but I only use Grooveshark anymore.

Also planning to get a second 27" monitor so I no longer have to use this tiny 17" LCD as my secondary :)

I wasn't even 10 when Senna passed, but I wish I could have watched those days.

I was 19 I believe when he died. He was my hero. Here's a little tribute since you mentioned his name. Just grabbed this off the bookcase behind my desk. ;)

20140807_142349.jpg

I can't help but to keep changing my bg, so many cool pictures.

I've had a lot of pictures taken of me while I've been racing, but this is by far my favorite one ever taken of me. Not sure why.

porscheracingbg by OEM+, on Flickr

azTjxBY.jpg

The bar in the bottom-middle is Object Dock for those wondering. Wallpapers are by Sven Geier.

Last edited:
Back