The official "clean desktop" club.

2m7u8hl.png

Here is mine. There are other wallpapers, but they all have one thing in the center of the screen and the rest clear. Sometimes I open rainmeter or rocketdock with some shortcuts.

xoKWHKF.jpg

Last edited:
Still barely/no changes too mine for easily over a year.. maybe 2 :p (Desktop resolution is 2560x1600)

Desktop01-02-2014.png~original

So, I decided to wipe my Windows partition and start from scratch with Linux this weekend. A fresh install requires a new wallpaper.

Decided to put together a three monitor compilation of some of my pictures from the Boston Seaport.

Monitor setup is P-L-P (1600x1200 20.1" Dell 2007FP IPS in Portrait) - (2560x1600 30" Dell U3011 IPS in Landscape) - (1600x1200 20.1" Dell 2007FP IPS in Portrait)

OS is Linux Mint 16 running the Cinnamon desktop.

Click for bigger:

I handle most of my non-Game non-Linux apps (which are few) through a Windows 7 Pro VM inside Linux, which has a plain black desktop. For games I have a dedicated Windows 7 Pro dual boot, which uses my old custom made Civilization wallpaper, which I have posted here before, but I guess adding it here won't hurt:

Click for bigger:

Finally at work, my laptop is hooked up to a dock, which has two 24" 1920x1080 monitors attached to it.

Click for bigger:

Last edited:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-oxjyKe5o25E/UvwWXrxuyVI/AAAAAAAAD20/YLKbsN8-QtQ/s1920/DeskScreen.png

My workstation.

Nice, which version/desktop of SuSE? I've been running 12.3 with XFCE for my server, and I'm very happy with it.

Nice, which version/desktop of SuSE? I've been running 12.3 with XFCE for my server, and I'm very happy with it.

13.1 with KDE. I like XFCE as well but use a few of the KDE apps so thought "hey why not". Once I have it all configured how I like it, they are within a couple hundred megs of each other anyway. Yeah SUSE is pretty solid and BTRFS Snapshots are nice. I run Arch on my laptop with the same setup.

o_Z-T1jgLO9h4D45ivpFuaPpD9IkDFa-U6Iumkf66pk%2CoXQRdFeYHvi3we0WbFfGTljeKdoWcbIHc6vey5268Lg

A little MTG love up in here. u3011 landscape, 2407wfp portrain

I've always been a fan of the clean desktop, I'll post a pic of mine when I get home!

29yfe0.jpg

Steam is the only thing I ever use my other monitor for. Also, I have the recycle bin icon even though I know how to remove it. I just think the desktop looks really lonely without it.

Back