The official "clean desktop" club.

Fixed up my laptop a bit:
desktophf.jpg

Lovely!

I read somewhere that Apple removed some things from the image to make it look nicer.

I've downloaded the placebo skin but can't figure out how to change the taskbar start icon to what everyone else seems to be using (the white, four-squared icon).

I've downloaded the placebo skin but can't figure out how to change the taskbar start icon to what everyone else seems to be using (the white, four-squared icon).

The older way was to take ownership of explorer.exe and replace it with the exe with the new icon. There's a program now called something like Windows 7 start button changer. Horrible name, but incredibly simple and fast. Now idea what version is current though, I haven't used it in quite a while.

you'll find in it the start icon and the program to change it in the theme link in my post (all in the same rar file)

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. 3x24 inch multi-monitor setup:

"Dirty" Version

Clean Version

Last edited:
been along time since I've done windows customizations, this thread got me interested again...

desktop11upu.jpg

Still tweaking things, but this is the "style" more or less

Back