The official "clean desktop" club.

kumiko-1.jpg

is there anyway to keep "RocketDock" on desktop all time? Even if i press "desktop"...

Its quite annoying to when i press desktop everything just disappear, i have to make one active windows to see the dock icons.

If i keep dock above on all windows than its quite irritating to see the dock icons in FF title bar :(...

is there anyway to keep "RocketDock" on desktop all time? Even if i press "desktop"...

Its quite annoying to when i press desktop everything just disappear, i have to make one active windows to see the dock icons.

If i keep dock above on all windows than its quite irritating to see the dock icons in FF title bar :(...

I'm not sure about Rocket Dock, but in Objectdock there's a setting that makes sure this doesn't happen. I too, like having my dock beneath the other windows until it's needed.

I'm not sure about Rocket Dock, but in Objectdock there's a setting that makes sure this doesn't happen. I too, like having my dock beneath the other windows until it's needed.

Thanks for your help.

Anyone else here who knows the way out?:rolleyes:

Can someone please point me to directions on how to post a picture again. I have slightly changed my desktop (thanks to TooBooKoo) and want to post an updated image. I used to know where the dirctions were but cannot find them.

Thanks,

JC

Hit print screen while looking at your desktop.
Open Paint
Edit-paste
Ctrl-W
enter 50 into each of the top two boxes, hit enter

Post to photobucket or your favorite hosting site
use the picture button in the message board posting box and enter the url of the picture.

PrintScreen is a full Desktop capture; Alt+PrintScreen captures the current window (this is for Windows; Linux I have no idea how to capture the screen without third party software, and OSX is Command+Shift+3 which dumps a PNG snapshot onto the Desktop, Command+Shift+4 gives you a "snipping tool" to drag a box around the content you want captured). Once you have the image...

Pick a site like ImageShack or Imagevenue or wherever you wish to "host" the image file, as long as you can get a URL that gets you directly to the image itself. Those hosting providers will provide you with URLs that link to the image directly (so people can see the full size image) or they'll give you a forum link (a long line of code) that provides the small thumbnail which links to the full size image.

When you get the "forum" URL, just post that text into the post you're making, that's it. The forum software here will handle it from there.

If however you're providing a direct URL to the image itself you would need to click the Image tag button and then insert the text of the URL. Or, you can simply paste the URL and add the img tag at the front of the URL and /img at the end. I can't type the actual tag or else the forum software will try and turn it into the tag, sorry.

Looks like this, however:

testimage.jpg

The text in that picture is the actual URL with the image tags added to the beginning and end of it. Hope this makes some semblance of reasoning... :D

Here's a new one I came up with today...

screenai8.jpg

screen1ym1.jpg

If you click on the silhouette of the girl on top of the building that's watching the guy float away... it opens a folder of my choosing. If you click on the weather monitor then the forecast pops out the left side. Then there's the other monitoring gauges.

screen2qq7.jpg

I like when the icons bounce when used :p

screen3uj8.jpg

screen4xf3.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Here is my latest desktop. It may look a little cluttered, but I have a big monitor so it doesn't bother me. The background is a dreamscene the spins slowly and rotates. The 'on' button is my startmenu and I have a glass theme for Miranda as the IM.

Cheers,

JC

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is mine. I'm having a very very hard time getting the UXtheme.dll to patch. Maybe because of the x64bit OS. Any ideas?

shantywhite.png

Never had issues with mine, I use the UXTheme-Multipatcher, never had issues on XP Pro x64. I gave up on doing themes a long time ago but my current is patched, I just don't install other themes, could care less anymore. Once I created the patched XP Pro x64 SP2 uxtheme.dll, I just placed it back into the installation files so when I install the OS (rare since I have base images for restoration) it's patched from the gitgo... highly recommended...

Never had issues with mine, I use the UXTheme-Multipatcher, never had issues on XP Pro x64. I gave up on doing themes a long time ago but my current is patched, I just don't install other themes, could care less anymore. Once I created the patched XP Pro x64 SP2 uxtheme.dll, I just placed it back into the installation files so when I install the OS (rare since I have base images for restoration) it's patched from the gitgo... highly recommended...

sweet, thanks a lot! I'll try that right now!!!

very nice, link to background and icons?

The icons are called Albook and can be found here.
You can search "Albook" on Deviant Art and come across many variants and icons for different applications too.

As for the wall, I don't have a clue as to where I got it... it came from my 10,000 + wallpaper library :eek: but I can send it to you if you want to PM me you email or whatever.

what theme is that? link plz.

and dyesan, what is that wallpaper from?

Optional87: It's from Final Fantasy VIII

Syribo: Is that Simplicity Clear Winamp skin? Has the memory leak issue been fixed? I remember it running slow when I imported over 5000 songs at once. Also, could you give the specifications for your dock? Rocket/Object? Icon set and other custom settings? Thanks :)

Back