The official "clean desktop" club.

hey TBK, super clean setup man. looks real nice. nice icons as well. especially the v1000 one for the 'Computers' folder, haha (can't wait for mine to come).

hey TBK, super clean setup man. looks real nice. nice icons as well. especially the v1000 one for the 'Computers' folder, haha (can't wait for mine to come).

Thank you...
and yeah, I may be a bit on the obsessed side when it comes to the V1000 :D

Interesting how you kept the white on top and black on bottom TooBooKoo. Something about it I don't like, but hey, to each his own.

Since I can't find a decent theme compatible with vista 64bit (neither windowsblinds or msstyles) I chose to find a background that would clean up and unify things.

Wallpaper is: A E R O S T R E A M by ve1n.
http://ve1n.deviantart.com/art/A-E-R-O-S-T-R-E-A-M-70590157
Comes in a bunch of colors and sizes.

I am actually in the processes of making some new white icons to go on bottom... so I actually feel the same way about the black and white.

desktop72408cq8.png

Here we go... much better... just started making the icons and here's a shot with some of my widgets and junk open...

screenupdate1.jpg

And here we are all nice and clean like I like it...

screenupdate2.jpg

I've completed the black version and I'm almost done with the white... the black is uploaded to my Deviant Art, soon too will be the white.

Ohh. Ok. here

http://rocketdock.com/addons/docklets/1791

download that, and follow the instructions

my computer->program files->rocketdock->docklets.->paste it right there.->restart rocketdock->then add item->stacks docklet

i don't think you understand what i'm asking. i'm already using rocketdock and stacks. when i open a stack and the icons fan out, i want to change the icons that fan out. i know i can change the icon of folders and programs with windows, but i want to be able to use hi-res dock icons and those come in .png, not .ico. it looks like some other guys here have done it but i can't figure out how.

WicKeDcHilD... here you go...
http://yc.deviantart.com/art/Wood-Rays-62468397

boxterduke... the VS can be found here...
http://www.ewallpapers.eu/themes/aquos-vista-theme-aquos-visual-style/
but the icons, I've had for a while and I have no idea of the links... I collect icons from so many different sources... my friends make some, some I find while browsing Deviant Art, etc. I have about 15,000 icon or so, maybe more... so I can send you some specific ones if you'd like... if you need an icon, I probably have it :) I like my icons to dictate exactly whats in the folder.

my email is [email protected] if you want to email me.

Here is what I have going on at the moment, the background is from NASA's website...

Desktop.jpg

And here it is with a few of the docks etc...open...

Desktop1.jpg

i don't think you understand what i'm asking. i'm already using rocketdock and stacks. when i open a stack and the icons fan out, i want to change the icons that fan out. i know i can change the icon of folders and programs with windows, but i want to be able to use hi-res dock icons and those come in .png, not .ico. it looks like some other guys here have done it but i can't figure out how.

I'm with him, I would like to change the icons in that come from the drop down (fan) in the stacker docklet.

maybe icon packager? change all of the system icons, or maybe change the icons individually?

Here is mine atm. THe hackaday picture on the 22in was actually take from the back of my friiends laptop. Oh, and the Japanese one says "hacker"

my current desktop, I guess it counts as "clean"
Can you please let me what plugin or whatever that is for the rocketdock? it's not the stardocklet, right?

Updated...

Link to wallpaper please (preferably 1920x1200 if it exists)

CAN YOU PLEASE post details about your clean desktop to avoid these questions, even if it is obvious.

You should be able to right click the items in the stack and choose properties (iirc) and there should be something in there about changing the icon.

Demo, rocketdock uses the icon from the actual item, so if you want to change the rocketdock icon, you have to change that item's icon.

Demo, rocketdock uses the icon from the actual item, so if you want to change the rocketdock icon, you have to change that item's icon.

that's what i've come to realize, but it seems like some of these guys are using hi-res 'dock icon' .png's for theirs?

Can you make those "folder stacks" with ObjectDock, or just RocketDock?

I'm using object dock, and the folder stack applet works fine, but I am still trying to figure out how to individualize the folder icons that drop down from the stacker docklet in the fan formation...

anyone know how to remedy this?

Back