The official "clean desktop" club.

lol, ive been in here all day and havent posted mine.

here she is

ying-yang-new.jpg

I really hate jpeg... lowers the quality...

Here's an update of mine. I haven't posted mine in a while, so I figure it's time, haha:

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Wallpaper is by Manicho, my current favorite wallpaper creator. I've been cycling though his for quite some time now. Mainly the photo-art ones, but some of the abstract ones I use as well. He's got a good aurora (OSX) background he reworked from scratch, that I think is better than the mac one, haha. More crisp, haha.

It's the "Stacks" docklet...
http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=46859

Guys... these desktops in here are getting pretty serious... it's a visual treat every time I come here now :D

Thanks

Here's an update of mine. I haven't posted mine in a while, so I figure it's time, haha:

Wallpaper is by Manicho, my current favorite wallpaper creator. I've been cycling though his for quite some time now. Mainly the photo-art ones, but some of the abstract ones I use as well. He's got a good aurora (OSX) background he reworked from scratch, that I think is better than the mac one, haha. More crisp, haha.

I have a bunch of his wallpapers too... awesome stuff

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj95/projectmayhem3/Untitled-1-5.jpg

Wallpaper is by [URL="http://manicho.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured"]Manicho[/URL], my current favorite wallpaper creator. I've been cycling though his for quite some time now. Mainly the photo-art ones, but some of the abstract ones I use as well. He's got a good [URL="http://manicho.deviantart.com/art/Aurora-Reloaded-wallpaper-86270318"]aurora[/URL] (OSX) background he reworked from scratch, that I think is better than the mac one, haha. More crisp, haha.[/QUOTE]

Please deconstruct, your setup for us...

What theme are you using?

What are those gadgets on the right side?

What is that on the left on taskbar? what meters are those?

How did you get the date so big on the taskbar? and those buttons.

Please, I MUST know.

Please, I MUST know.

I would also like to know. Please take the time and show us!

Please, I MUST know.

Agreed. Come on Clock3, help us out.

I'd also like to know what the "shutdown/logoff" app is in your taskbar and what's the clock ? I want that clock! Thanks. :D

haha, alright guys, no problem. Let me see here.

-Theme is NiteXP

-Weather gadget is Yahoo Weather for yahoo widgets.

-Song info/cover art is CD Art Display that I spent some time configuring to look that way. My media player is MediaMonkey, but it works with most any media player.

-The clock in the lower right corner is Neon Clock for yahoo widgets.

-The whole bar on top is actually "The Informer" for yahoo widgets. It's a really neat widget. I like it a lot. Also, the taskbar is hidden, but pops up in the same spot over the bar when needed. You can pick and choose what you want on it, including time, date, meters, shutdown buttons, etc.

-Dock is rocketdock with custom icons and stacks docklet.

I think that should cover everything, haha. If I missed anything let me know, and I'll be glad to help you out.

Also, here's a pic with the stack docklet open along with the taskbar visible to show you what i mean.
Untitled-1-6.jpg

haha, alright guys, no problem. Let me see here.

-Theme is NiteXP

-Weather gadget is Yahoo Weather for yahoo widgets.

-Song info/cover art is CD Art Display that I spent some time configuring to look that way. My media player is MediaMonkey, but it works with most any media player.

-The clock in the lower right corner is Neon Clock for yahoo widgets.

-The whole bar on top is actually "The Informer" for yahoo widgets. It's a really neat widget. I like it a lot. Also, the taskbar is hidden, but pops up in the same spot over the bar when needed. You can pick and choose what you want on it, including time, date, meters, shutdown buttons, etc.

-Dock is rocketdock with custom icons and stacks docklet.

I think that should cover everything, haha. If I missed anything let me know, and I'll be glad to help you out.

Also, here's a pic with the stack docklet open along with the taskbar visible to show you what i mean.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj95/projectmayhem3/Untitled-1-6.jpg[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot CLock!

Nice setup you got there CLock3

I am fairly out of the loop when it comes to installing VS themes since I've been using the default theme for Vista for quite sometime at home. Since my work pc is using xp how would I go about installing nite xp? do I still need to patch the uxtheme dll?

Also, how did you get your dock to show text only?

Nice setup you got there CLock3

I am fairly out of the loop when it comes to installing VS themes since I've been using the default theme for Vista for quite sometime at home. Since my work pc is using xp how would I go about installing nite xp? do I still need to patch the uxtheme dll?

Also, how did you get your dock to show text only?

You would still need the patched uxtheme.dll file to get themes to work properly on XP. Just make sure you get the right version. I think Neowin.net actually makes a small program that does the patching for you.

As far as the dock, those are actually text icons. You can get them here.

^ Yeah, what he said. Here's a link to some info about it, but the site that hosted all the uxtheme files seems to be not working.

I got it setup, one of the old links on neowin redirects you to uxtheme patcher 6.0. Thank you CLock3 and phobic

I was using FooAVA 1.04 and I used the miniplayer part of it, but then I upgraded to foobar 0.9.5 and now it doesn't work. :/

But it's alright, because now I'm using CD Art Display, and although it was a little bit of a hassle to get it the way I want, it is definitely very appealing.

Minor update:

3371a1adf9.jpg

Props to CLock3 for the widgets.

my current desktop, I guess it counts as "clean"

Do you mind me asking which theme that is?

I'm getting tired of the default vista theme, however I don't want to stray too far from the default Vista theme and this looks like a nice one.

Here is my work Desktop, granted I have the icons hidden and the toolbar hidden but dont have much on either to begin with. I just the super clean look of nothing on my screen.

mine right now->

flair-1.jpg

yes, those are 2 different wallpapers. I took the original one (on the right) and rotated it

Here's what I'm using now, pretty basic with my Rocketdock still hidden below the sidebar offscreen.

JulyDesktop2.jpg

Back