The official "clean desktop" club.

Jeesh Mark, that res would drive me insane! o_O

For serious. Laptops in general drive me nuts though. I've been using 1600x1200+ since I started using PCs. Was very lucky with the displays and graphics cards I had access to. 1024x768 drives me nuts. ;) I paid a ton for my 1650x1080 LCD on my laptop a few years ago... but it was worth it.

What Linux Distro are you running on your EEE, the WM looks like Gnome? I need to reinstall a linux on my lappy ...
eeeXubuntu 7.10 r3. custom version built for the eeepc. window manager is XFCE. also have compiz running which runs really well. its also booting off an SDHC card lol. got xp on the SSD.
Jeesh Mark, that res would drive me insane! o_O
yeah i'm gonna upgrade to the new eeepc coming out in april/may. that was my only gripe that i had to get used to with this model.

Ubuntu 7.10 'Gutsy Gibbon'
Avant Window Navigator, Black and White 2 Gloss icon set, Cairo Clock Radium

desktop1fa4.jpg

The shot itself is older than dirt, but I've reverted back to using this wall/Litestep skin/general setup combo again lately.

Here is mine...I think it's fairly clean and simple, and I have also never been a fan of having lots of icons on the desktop, even on my Windows box which I tend to have more icons on than my Mac.

image from digitalblasphemy. i access all my apps from systray and startmenu.
desktop2ao3.jpg

So yeah, I only have a folder on it right now for a companie's website I'm working on, half the time it's completely clean, the other half I might have 67543347657635 files on it. I see my computer desktop like a real life desktop, a work space, not something to trash with shortcuts and whatnot :p

So yeah, I only have a folder on it right now for a companie's website I'm working on, half the time it's completely clean, the other half I might have 67543347657635 files on it. I see my computer desktop like a real life desktop, a work space, not something to trash with shortcuts and whatnot :p

Dude, please share that wallpaper!

WOW. can anyone help me set something like this up?

Without knowing exactly what he uses I can give you some general thing I use that create a similar setup.

~WindowBlinds: This is for the task bar, I have seen his theme (I may have it in my collection), but I do not remember the exact name.
~Rocketdock: This allows for programs to run in the dock on the left monitor.
~System Status: That is not the name of the program, but there are way to many to know exactly which one he uses, and I have never seen that style before.

Beyond that, he might have some minor tweaks but that is the major things I see.

well, he is running linux. But you can setup something similar with what theDreamer posted

@pseud0

Ubuntu 7.10 ( OS )
AWN ( Dock )
Conky ( System monitor )
Mire v2_Blue ( Theme )
Mire v2_Blue ( Emerald theme )
black-white 2 vista ( Icons )

Back