The official "clean desktop" club.

You're usin Vista...so you're the one who's pwned :p
Have you used Vista? It's not nearly as bad as when it first launched. I quite like it, even though I got a double whammy with it being X64. That made it a bit harder to find drivers...;) My SLI setup is working perfectly with 4Gb of ram, new X-Fi drivers were released. All is good in the vista camp.

Oh let's not forget the disaster XP was when it launched. I was a horrible OS, but look at it now. It's a true jem. Vista is going to turn out the same way.

Yes I have used it...and then got rid of it. I have 4GB as well and the thing is a memory hog.

Sure the fancy effects are nice and all...and it has stuff that is neat, but overall I would choose XP any day. I used XP the day it was released and loved it! I had the usability of 98 and the stability & security of 2000.

Yes I have used it...and then got rid of it. I have 4GB as well and the thing is a memory hog.
You don't understand Vista, unfortunately...
It's not a memory hog... it's actually USING all that expensive memory, unlike XP.
An XP machine averages using ~15% of its ram at idle(+\- based on installed apps). The rest is unused and pointless untill you load a game or something. Vista (which uses ~50%), precaches your most-used programs into your ram so they start faster. If you do load a game, it dumps this cache untill you re done.That's not a hog, that's more efficient.

Yea b/c you TOTALLY know what I experience when I run Vista right? :rolleyes:

Sorry but I've used both OSes (for games, 3D modeling, Photoshop work, etc.) and XP hands down has performed far better for me. If I want to run in 64-bit mode, I'll just fire up WinXP 64 to use the full 4GB of RAM my system has.

From 1680x1050

cleanvr8.jpg

I updated mine with new wallpaper + customized emerald theme :D

Ubuntu 7.10 x64
XFCE
Compiz + Emerald

click for fullsize (3840x1200)

dirty:

clean:

Wow, this thread has grown HUGE since I started it! :eek:

Myself, I've undergone some heavy changes. Namely, a much bigger monitor, and a much superior operating system:

Desktop.jpg

:D

Bleh. Define "superior." :) And yes this thread has come a long, long way from days ago when it first started. You want superior? You got it...

dawndesktopdy7.jpg

I would tell you what OS it is but but but... "We don't need no stinkin' reflections!" :D And considering your original "requirements" of like 3 icons on the QuickLaunch, I'm way over and will be adding more soon (this is a clean install less than a day old), but then again, look at that Dock of yours, too. hehe

Bleh. Define "superior." :)
For fear of going off topic..."superior" to me is an OS that doesn't spend 10 minutes warm-booting after the initial boot. I love this OS because it is ready to go immediately after the boot, instead of running slow while accessing the disk for a solid 10 minutes after boot.
I would tell you what OS it is but but but... "We don't need no stinkin' reflections!" :D And considering your original "requirements" of like 3 icons on the QuickLaunch, I'm way over and will be adding more soon (this is a clean install less than a day old), but then again, look at that Dock of yours, too. hehe
I know. :( This OS is really unfriendly when it comes to a clean desktop. There's no way to turn the dock off, no other way to access applications (short of going into the equivalent of Program Files), and it forces you to minimize all applications to there.

"superior" to me is an OS that doesn't spend 10 minutes warm-booting after the initial boot. I love this OS because it is ready to go immediately after the boot, instead of running slow while accessing the disk for a solid 10 minutes after boot.

Hate to go off-topic too but I figured people had moved past Windows 98 statements like that. :rolleyes:

ANY computer (PC or Mac) can take a long time to boot up if its not maintained properly. My personal PC (the PCs I use at work) all boot up and ready to use in about 20-25 seconds (at most.) :p

Well that didn't last long, I decided I didn't really like the different setup I tried. Back with a new theme though.

Click for full 1680x1050

Nothing fancy here... Dunno if they are really 'clean' or just minimalistic. I just barely get by under the rules heh. I used to go all out with themes and junk... not so much anymore. I just like it simple.

My Windows desktop:
windesktop.jpg

My Mac desktop:
macdesktop.jpg

I am too lazy to take one of my Windows laptop atm and my MBP still hasn't arrived yet. My desire for the tiny 200mhz boost ensured that. And yes I paid the way too high price for that upgrade. I was using my only student ADC hardware discount so I figured I might as well deck it out :)

I'm sorry you guys, I totally forgot about this thread, I'd be happy to link ya.

http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/wallpapers/
&
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/New_York_City_at_night_HDR.jpg

G-man, if you still want the other pics just say so.

Enjoy
Bob

Original please.

2nd that , original please & thank you:)

can you email me all the photos or just that one? if you can thank you so much(my email adress is [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected].)

Her name, or at least the name she goes by as a model, is Stoya. She's featured at God's Girls, or at least she was in the past. Dumped them when she got popular I guess and decided to fire up her own site based on the press she was getting, but then that fell through it seems and it's not up (was supposed to be online by summer of this year soooo...).

She's got that blue hair thing workin', that's for damned sure. Lots of sets of her stuff floating around out there so as the saying goes, "Just Fuckin' Google It." And keeping with the thread's topic, here's a screenshot. Just installed Vista Business 32 bitSP1 RC1 like 30 mins prior and haven't done much with it just yet.

screenshotlt3.jpg

Gotta love that big honkin 1 there for video. I've got a Quadro4 700XGL in this old Dell Precision 530MT dual Xeon (2 GHz) 2GB 2x73GB Seagate 10K Cheetah box. Funny stuff, but it works and is a good machine for solid testing.

ps
Yah, the Desktop is clean, just thought I'd throw up the stats/specs for kicks. Not like people haven't seen 'em a few thousand times, but that 1 for 3D graphics just kills me. It's a professional 3D graphics workstation card - albeit 6 years old - and it doesn't even rate better than 1? Come on... :D

Just to let you know, I have an 8800GT, and I got a 1 also, I don't entirely trust microsofts judgment there lol

Just to let you know, I have an 8800GT, and I got a 1 also, I don't entirely trust microsofts judgment there lol
Muhahaha, I've been borging your computers!!!11! I have dual 8600GT's in SLI and I'm getting a 5.6 for gaming graphics!

Back