The official "clean desktop" club.

24" Gateway + 21" Gateway (portrait mode)

desktop_2007_08_24.gif

{edit}

desktop_2007_08_24.jpg

1 icon seems pretty clean to me

screeny.jpg

Dock icons from left to right
Finder>itunes>iphoto>firefox>adium>mail.app>grab>apps shortcut menu > trash

Does anyone know how to make messenger, or any other chat client that messenger can be run through, look like compslckr's mac chat client? I really like the transparency and the different colored lights indicating one's contacts status.

Thanks,

Jon

P.S. I am new and will post a screenshot when I figure out how to take one and post it. Really enjoy the thread.

Does anyone know how to make messenger, or any other chat client that messenger can be run through, look like compslckr's mac chat client? I really like the transparency and the different colored lights indicating one's contacts status.

Thanks,

Jon

P.S. I am new and will post a screenshot when I figure out how to take one and post it. Really enjoy the thread.

Welcome to the thread, and yeah, Adium is awesome, amazing program, and it uses the Pidgin/GAIM backend.

Optional87, Thank you for your prompt reply. I am operating Windows Vista and was wondering if you were aware of any skins for Trillian or Pidgin that had the lights and transparency (similar to compslckr's). Or one with the lights and has white text on a black background. I have been searching deviantart and the web for some but have been unsuccessful.

Thank you very much,

Jon

Optional87, Thank you for your prompt reply. I am operating Windows Vista and was wondering if you were aware of any skins for Trillian or Pidgin that had the lights and transparency (similar to compslckr's). Or one with the lights and has white text on a black background. I have been searching deviantart and the web for some but have been unsuccessful.

Thank you very much,

Jon

If you need help uploading a picture feel free to use my site http://www.slackerserver.com/TESTING/uploader/.

to get the screen shot just hit the print screen button on your keyboard, then open up paint or any graphic editing program and do edit >> paste. Then File>>save as and make sure to save it as a .jpg file

then just upload away and copy the IMG tag that the uploader gives you.

can i have that wallpaper?

Let me watermark it and then you can . . . :D The only bad thing is that I made it at a low(er) res of 1366x768 so . . . yeah. I'll post up a full size link on my website later.

August 27, 2007.jpg

Hi everyone, I apologize if this doesn't work but it is my first post. I have had this setup (or something quite similar) for sometime now. Everything I have is from deviantart.com. If you would like any specifics please let me know.

Great forum,

P.S. Cheetoz, I really like the trillian theme that is clear with white text, but I couldn't get your link to work. Do you know where it's from? I have an adium theme for it now, but it's not transparent. Thanks.

My apologies, I forgot to mention that when the screensaver kicks it, it turns the mac logo on fire. It is called Fantastic Flame Screensaver. It adds flames to whatever is on your desktop when it kicks on.

is that a different shell for windows or something? me want a link

It's actually Vista with Object Dock - There are 4 separate docks being used;

Bottom left to simulate the Start menu and quick launsh
Bottom center to simulate the task bar - windows zoom to 200%
Bottom right is the notification area/running tasks
The one on top is a tabbed dock with shortcuts

I spent hours trying to get the right set up. It's very customizable and it suits my needs perfectly.

fresh install after a format

vista business x64:

visual style is AeroX...found it at AeroXP.org

ubuntu 7.04 x64

Good Vibrations wallpaper from Customize.org
Beryl running with some transparency on the top bar

Back