The official "clean desktop" club.

desktop-small.jpg

resized to save your bandwith.

iSkylla said:
There's too many icons on the desktop for this to be considered clean.

No, I consider that pretty clean. Clean as in organized.

Anyone can temporarily turn off desktop icons and pretend their desktop is "clean."

Not too bad jon. The only thing I have against yours in the language bar :p

Fold On!

Met-AL said:
do I qualify?

clean-desktop.JPG

Resized from 1440x900

Zyme said:
cleandesktop20064nj.jpg

just stardock

Hey, Met-AL, where did you get that ATi bar and the X800 wallpaper? (I own an X800 myself, I love ATi :D ) and Zyme, where did you get your Quake and FarCry orb icons? I LOVE them!

Okay, here's mine - My most used icons (Games, HDD's and yes, the Recycle Bin) are the only ones showing, and they are large 48x48 icons....

casingoctoberzy1.jpg

(resized from 1920x1200)

-I'm using Stardock WindowFX for the shadow on my start bar.
-The Casing background from Here
-The "Tiger 2" theme by KoL from DeviantART
-The ShinyBlack icon package for IconPackager.

P.S. I use a shortcut to a folder as a popup-menu on my start bar, that contains all of my programs, games, etc and that's the only way i'm able to go with few icons on my desktop.

menudy6.jpg

-Cheers!

After looking at this thread I realized I really do like clean desktops, and that my laptop needed a good cleaning out of all the junk all over. So I removed old programs, organized my documents, nuked the desktop, defragged etc...

This is what my desktop now looks like (I should have taken a before screenshot but hindsight is 20/20 I guess)

Click for full size.

I used SCCU to make the icons textless and to have multiple right click options (for example the office icon can launch any of the office apps). I like it, especially the Rainlendar app for putting my schedule and assignments on the desktop.

Erasmus354 said:
After looking at this thread I realized I really do like clean desktops, and that my laptop needed a good cleaning out of all the junk all over. So I removed old programs, organized my documents, nuked the desktop, defragged etc...

This is what my desktop now looks like (I should have taken a before screenshot but hindsight is 20/20 I guess)

http://erasmus354.googlepages.com/desktop.jpg http://erasmus354.googlepages.com/desktop_medium.jpg

Click for full size.

I used SCCU to make the icons textless and to have multiple right click options (for example the office icon can launch any of the office apps). I like it, especially the Rainlendar app for putting my schedule and assignments on the desktop.

Where can I get that wallpaper!!!

iSkylla said:
Not too bad jon. The only thing I have against yours in the language bar :p

Fold On!

Oh that's now removed... IE7 puts it there. Doesn't bothers me that much but is gone now :)

Resized so you don't have to scroll like a maniac.
I think this is about as clean as it gets, while still being very functional.
Hope you enjoy. Any questions, dont hesitate to ask or request what you see.

NEWCLEANSS.jpg

I know its been posted in this thread and others before it but whats the name of that winamp skin again? and a link? thanks in advance

desk.jpg

Full Size here

-Avedesk
-yahoo widgets
-Wallpaper by =drgutman entitled waiting... here
-winamp skin spirit (link above this post)

l337*g0at said:
Resized so you don't have to scroll like a maniac.
I think this is about as clean as it gets, while still being very functional.
Hope you enjoy. Any questions, dont hesitate to ask or request what you see.

NEWCLEANSS.jpg

Can I get a link to that wallpaper? Here or in PM, whatever! I need something blueish and huge to cover my two monitors.

Thanks a bunch!

ep1taph said:
Can I get a link to that wallpaper? Here or in PM, whatever! I need something blueish and huge to cover my two monitors.

Thanks a bunch!

QFT... that is a beautiful wallpaper and would work well on my dual 20" LCDs... linkage or a PM to that would be most appreciated.

Thanks...

Back