The official "clean desktop" club.

desktop9et.jpg

Here's mine after a monthly cleaning of useless crap and a new wallpaper. Really simple, just how I like it.

akingi-Untitled1.jpg

Here's my desktop screenshot; it's a wallpaper I modified to reflect my desktop processor. I also made one in Pentium M flavor for my laptop:
Screenshot1.jpg

Here's it showing the hidden Desktopsidebar, the slideshow is the wallpaper that it continually changes every 30 minutes. Mostly soothing nature photos in 1680x1050:
Screenshot2.jpg

This Clean?

asda.jpg

sorry it's kinda long, but I couldn't fix it in paint without messing it up.
two monitors

Heres mine. I HATE desktop icons. Sorry for the low quality, I'll have to find a better pic upload site sometime...

Im running Windows x64 in classic mode, and that wallpaper is from crysis online.

This thread really inspired me to clean up my desktop (and other parts of my hard disk as well). Am very pleased with the results!

desktop.jpg

Pagan Wizard [H]ard|Gawd

For the love of God, will everyone PLEASE stop using imageshack!!!!! I can not, for the life of me, think of one person who enjoys a fastclick pop up every time they open their pages.

Sorry folks...............I just needed to get that off my chest

I just use the google toolbar, it comes with a popup blocker, I've never even seen those popups. might want to look into it.

just my 2 cents,
Shhhh

Emission said:
You're kidding right? Lol I dont mean to bash but its fairly simple. Just right click, and in that menu, go to Arrange Icons By > Show Desktop Icons . That hides all the desktop icons, which should answer your question :) .

Another way to do it is to go the "run" command and type "mmc" without the quotes. Then go "File", "Add\remove snap in". Once that pops up go to "Add", then select "Group Policy". Once that loads, go to "User configuration", then "Administrative Templates", "Desktop" and then about 6 options down on the right hand side there is an option that says "Remove Recylce Bin icon from Desktop". Double click that and select "Enable" and close everything out. Once you are back to your desktop, refresh your screen and you are all set.

General Crespin said:
How do you get the taskbar to show large icons like that, Burpy?

unlock your toolbar, click on any open space in the quick launch area, then go to View- Large Icons

icons3ek.jpg

Right click on taskbar and uncheck lock the taskbar then right click within quick launch
and go to view and check large icons.

Thats how you get large quick launch icons.

I have my shortcuts for apps and games in two seperate folders and then just drag em to the sides of the screen and make auto hiding palettes. Very clean.

Got a new monitor, which means a new res which means a new wallpaper. Still keepin' it clean though.

june06-1.jpg

1920x1080, SysMetrix with a heavily modified Translucy skin in the lower right, WindowBlinds Cyclops theme, modified, and no idea where I got the wallpaper from.

After trying just about every dock program out there, I'm back to using Quicklaunch...it just works...task bar is set to autohide.

desk03.jpg

Thanks for the tip on how to use large Quick Launch icons, gents. :)

contaminant, nice wallpaper. It's amazing how many variants of the Orion nebula there are! Link please? :D

General Crespin said:
Thanks for the tip on how to use large Quick Launch icons, gents. :)

contaminant, nice wallpaper. It's amazing how many variants of the Orion nebula there are! Link please? :D
I actually found that by typing in my resolution into Google image search. I'll see if I can't locate exactly where I got it, though.

Back