The official "clean desktop" club.

This thread inspired me to clean my desktop.

desktop7ch.jpg

Resized from 1600x1200.

I personally really like mine. Everything you see there has been scripted by hand in JS and html:
desktop_2h.jpg

My desktop does have lots of shortcuts on it, but I feel it's only fair to make an exception since it's so much cleaner looking then usual.

GVX said:
I personally really like mine. Everything you see there has been scripted by hand in JS and html:
desktop_2h.jpg

My desktop does have lots of shortcuts on it, but I feel it's only fair to make an exception since it's so much cleaner looking then usual.

wow how the hell you do that, I want to do that

This thread made my desktop look way to messy, so I cleaned up alittle :D.

This is what it uses to look like, just without the orion glass theme.

Cleanest desktop I have ever hade by the way :D.

Dapperdan said:
wow how the hell you do that, I want to do that
www.tsdesk.com

These shells are really expandable so you can basically start with any of them and work from it to make your's completely original. They also come with really good instructions if you don't know html beforehand.

Best of all it's completely free (which I guess is kinda obvious since it would be pretty hard to copy-protect something done with an interpreted language like html...)

anyways, have fun :) .

GVX said:
www.tsdesk.com

These shells are really expandable so you can basically start with any of them and work from it to make your's completely original. They also come with really good instructions if you don't know html beforehand.

Best of all it's completely free (which I guess is kinda obvious since it would be pretty hard to copy-protect something done with an interpreted language like html...)

anyways, have fun :) .

sweet thanks :p

New desktop inspired by this thread. (Not fully completed, still want to add a weather station, and pic out a theme to go with my desktop/background.)

Desktop2.jpg

SO there's a lot of varioation on the "cleanliness" in these shots. So what constitues a "clean" desktop?

Obi_Kwiet said:
Where are ya'll getting the transparent calenders and weather programs and stuff?
google Rainlendar. It's an excellent piece of freeware that provides countless calendar skins. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who have desktop calendar's are using that software.

BTW, kudos to the person above who's started using an HTML shell ;) .

omg, can I join the club!?

Desktop.jpg

And all you posers with your fancy calenders and weatherbugs should be ashamed of yourselves. ;)

phobic said:
I think mine is pretty clean...

dt1tw.jpg

what clock thing are you using? what prog/plugin? and for your foobar2000 what 3rd party plugin is that and where can i get it? and same with the foobar icon.

TheCowOfNow said:
SO there's a lot of varioation on the "cleanliness" in these shots. So what constitues a "clean" desktop?

In my opinion, personal opinion. :p

Me, I think that calendars and weather and clock and stuff aren't "clean", but obviously many think that they are and cleanliness = no icons. :)

I don't remember what I had in my last screenshot, but right now I'm running Windows Classic with My Computer and the Recycle Bin, plus an icon for Morrowind, and that's it.

I haven't played Morrowind in quite a bit though, so I might replace it with Empire at War..

refined my desktop setup.. according to the OP's criteria its not clean... but its good enough for me (i dont use the start menu at all)
552446fbdcfb515d.jpg

I would hide some of the system tray icons but Aston doesn't support that as far as I can tell. I think it should still count as clean...

desktop9ex.png

And with all the menus open...
desktop20nz.png

Back