The official "clean desktop" club.

shadowlord

2[H]4U
Need to get rid of recycle bin.
for removing the recycle bin:

hit start - run, type in gpedit.msc - under userconfiguration, administrative templates -search for desktop, then activate the setting: remove recycle bin icon from desktop.
update your desktop.

this should do the trick.
please note that i roughly translated this from my german xp version. some points may vary in name.

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness

hit start - run, type in gpedit.msc - under userconfiguration, administrative templates -search for desktop, then activate the setting: remove recycle bin icon from desktop.
update your desktop.

please note that i roughly translated this from my german xp version. some points may vary in name.
Hope that works better. I downloaded some stuff recommended by someone, gui tweak, and now my icons look like trash! lol I don't know what I did!

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
Is that TSdesk? If so, what version is that? How did you get the boxes around your links?
TSDesk3, But I pretty much rewrote all of it.

a{
font: 12px Tahoma;
text-decoration: none;
color: white;
background-color: black;
padding: 1px;
margin: 1px;
width: 100%;
filter: Alpha(opacity=50);
}
a:hover {
color: black;
background-color: FFFFFF;
}
In the .css

Program/skin for the links thing on the left?
http://mrkeck.spfclan.org/images/wallpapers/sfe.jpg for the wallpaper.
http://trappleton.com/tsdesk/ it's an active desktop shell using HTML/CSS/Javascript. The standard one is pretty suck, but any tool can figure out how to edit html/css.

MrkXCeL

[H]ard|Gawd
shadowlord said:

update your desktop.

Hope that works better. I downloaded some stuff recommended by someone, gui tweak, and now my icons look like trash! lol I don't know what I did!
Why not just do this ...
Right Click Desktop > Arrange Icons By > (uncheck) Show Desktop Icons

Been tweaking mine a lot, this is my latest setup (think I'll be sticking with it for a while)
-usually have the objectdock on autohide