The official "clean desktop" club.

Guess you didn't see mine earlier.

I can't wait for it, pre-ordering as soon as I can.

Ah, I stand corrected, that weird little thumbnail you used threw me.
I am so looking forward to SCII. Some of the new units are so well done, especially the reavers. Guerrilla hit'n run ftw.

Hey this might not be very original, but it seems pretty clean to me:
desktop.jpg

I'm curious about the gadget you're using for the HDDs. I looked into it and if it's the same one I saw on the microsoft website...doesn't it have a really bad memory leak? or did they plug it?

Guess you didn't see mine earlier.

I can't wait for it, pre-ordering as soon as I can.

I made my own version of your wallpaper that I cropped form the Blizzard home page. I couldn't do it high res in the short amount of time I spent on it, but I still think it looks pretty decent.

SC2AboutTime.jpg

I just formatted my machines and am running mostly stock right now. I'll post when I get something pretty enough setup for this thread.

But is there any more info on that windows transparent trillian skin?

thanks man, thats a sick ass icon! thanks. heres the new one, i used that icon u gave me, thanks again, and cut it up a little, then got a smaller x1900 series logo.
2.jpg

Litestep I assume?
I keep installing and uninstalling it, it is a great thing, but it also has its down sides.

You really should look at getting a desktop other than white. :p

TeeJayHoward had it right. It's Blackbox... in white. I like white. Bright, bright. I always need lots of light in the room and around the windows to keep the pupils nice and closed. It's much better for the eyes.

And It's extremely rare that I ever look at my desktop so there's never really been a need for a desktop picture. :\

thanks man, thats a sick ass icon! thanks. heres the new one, i used that icon u gave me, thanks again, and cut it up a little, then got a smaller x1900 series logo.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/momurda01/2.jpg
:)NP.... ..But man, use the other icon you get in the download. You can download the icon, the button to download is at your left. There, they have the version with transparent background. I'll look a lot better and match your theme.

*snip*

My Vista install, I consider it pretty.

Since this I found the Pidgin Extended Preferences Pane and now it doesn't show the taskbar item for the buddy list; which is nice. I also ditched the drive space gadgets. I turn my external on and off pretty often, and while that gadget was useful, when you do that, it doesn't auto update that the drive is gone etc.. so it was annoying and I dropped it.

I'll probably drop the calculator too... but it's so perfect...

I also added the Network Icon again because I do use it apparently...

And if nobody noticed I'm using the AeroClear theme using hacked dll's. Vista's been fine for me so far, I'm sick of people bitching...

heres mine
Screen03.jpg

seriously some of you have some lame themes i like this zune one sry if its a link havent figured out how to make it show the direct image

seriously some of you have some lame themes

No offense, this is the "clean desktop" and before you make comments on our themes, you might want to clean up your desktop space (and all those horrible icons).

you have a hideous orange start button.

Exactly.

heres mine
Screen03.jpg

seriously some of you have some lame themes i like this zune one sry if its a link havent figured out how to make it show the direct image

Unlike TheDreamer I do mean to offend, yours looks like crap, its a mish-mash mangled monstrosity... You have done nothing to it but created an unimaginative messy wallpaper... and to make things worse your resolution makes my eyes bleed

Here is mine, for reference:
wp1ft7.jpg

and with all the drop downs open:
wp2pp4.jpg

hey hey lots of people run 1024x768 its the highest my monitor allows and i didnt even notice the start button was orange i hope you feel nice judging the kid whose colorblind

unimaginative what are you the NY times

hey hey lots of people run 1024x768 its the highest my monitor allows and i didnt even notice the start button was orange i hope you feel nice judging the kid whose colorblind

unimaginative what are you the NY times

Ok...not to sound mean again, but so you are colorblind, and you get mad at us when we comment on your desktop. Yet since you are colorblind you go off on our desktops...:rolleyes:

ok people seem to get the wrong message all the desktops ive seen are very clean looking i was talking about the windows and buttons theme not overall look and or desktop wallpaper most left it default or even switched it to an older looking one i didnt at all mean anything negative really i probably shouldnt have said theme but thats what it was titled when i downloaded it

i agree that my desktop isnt clean but some of that stuff i dont have any choice some of the more ignorant people that i have no choice but to share my computer with would get confused if i deleted a few of those icons i really dont use internet explorer

Since this I found the Pidgin Extended Preferences Pane and now it doesn't show the taskbar item for the buddy list; which is nice. I also ditched the drive space gadgets. I turn my external on and off pretty often, and while that gadget was useful, when you do that, it doesn't auto update that the drive is gone etc.. so it was annoying and I dropped it.

I'll probably drop the calculator too... but it's so perfect...

I also added the Network Icon again because I do use it apparently...

And if nobody noticed I'm using the AeroClear theme using hacked dll's. Vista's been fine for me so far, I'm sick of people bitching...
Pidgin is the new gaim, right?

How about a link to that wallpaper?

heres mine
Screen03.jpg

Funny, I thought this was the "Clean desktop thread" and not the "cluttered and fugly desktops thread"...

narya_desktop.jpg

\\narya just installed vista this evening, not done tweaking it yet. Haven't tried this sidebar arrangement for long, not sure if I like having the column full. Ill figure it out...

\\vilya desktop coming up tomorrow when I do a little more tweaking on it, too.

Back