The official "clean desktop" club v2010

ilkhan

[H]F Junkie
v2010! Because the old thread is unwieldy.
Some people prefer elaborate themes with lots of widgets and stuff. Myself, I always say that simple is better. That being said, let'see those clean desktops!

Guidelines to a "clean" desktop:

Max 3 icons on desktop (you can hide infrequently used ones in the start panel)
Max 3 icons in the quicklaunch area
Max 2 icons in system tray (use the hiding feature to hide ones you don't use)
A minimalistic ammount of gadgets on the desktop, but a few are welcomed

These are my personal guidelines, you are more than welcome to post your desktop if it doesn't stick to these. If so, would you mind telling why you think your extra icons qualify? Also, some of us are still running 1024*768, so if your going to post your 2405FPW's desktop could you resize it? Thanks.

Your turn!

As has been mentioned, try to post a link to the background and any scripts/monitory-setups if you are running any.

Last edited:
my beautiful waifu! this is a photo edited from our vacations. we went into space, the desert, and even taught school in japan for a few months!
Untitled.png

you forgot a rule, if you post a desktop, post a link to your background because people are just going to ask for it any way.. if you use an unusual app/script link both.

I was debating on whether or not I should just post the laptop or both laptop and the hand me down desktop I picked up over the Christmas break, but I can't figure out where to put the monitor, so just the laptop for now.
Link to the site with the wallpaper (along with a bunch of others :)): http://www.johnbatte.com/
010310.jpg

windows 7:

win7-desk.jpg

wallpaper is 'Still Grey' by LM (available on customize.org)

dt.jpg

iTunes, Firefox, Libraries on the quick launch.
CoreTemp cpu temps, and Wireless Network Status in the system tray.
Rainmeter cpu utilization core 1 on the left half of the screen, core 2 on the right half, and RAM usage above those two across the whole screen.

Opty1218: Really dig how the rainmeter configs go with the wallpaper. Subtle, yet useful.

My Netbook-
ss-3.png

My Desktop-
ss-1.png

Just started with Rainmeter yesterday, so I am still trying to get used to how they work. Kinda pissed CPU temp monitoring is broken, because it makes any skin that reads cpu temps unusable because of the error messages. Bagh well.

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/finalalchemist/dt.jpg[/IMG]
iTunes, Firefox, Libraries on the quick launch.
CoreTemp cpu temps, and Wireless Network Status in the system tray.
Rainmeter cpu utilization core 1 on the left half of the screen, core 2 on the right half, and RAM usage above those two across the whole screen.
Thanks for giving info on (almost) everything.
Wallpaper name/info?

Back