The official "clean desktop" club v2010

cityscape.png

Mine. :D I have Rocketdock at the top of the screen and have the Taskbar hidden. The only icon on the desktop is the recycle bin.

Ok I guess I'm a noob, but I've looked through the Rocketdock help files and can't find how to "install" new themes.

Also, I'm curious how people change start button orbs, and taskbars. I hate the blue taskbar and would really like a new one.

If it's too involved to explain these things could someone please point me towards a resource site that I could learn how to do these things?

Ok I guess I'm a noob, but I've looked through the Rocketdock help files and can't find how to "install" new themes.

Also, I'm curious how people change start button orbs, and taskbars. I hate the blue taskbar and would really like a new one.

If it's too involved to explain these things could someone please point me towards a resource site that I could learn how to do these things?

Watch this.

you can pin the recycle bin to the task Taskbar. I prefer to choose small thumbnail over large because the large messes the taskbar height somehow.

Cheers pal but i kept the recycle bin there on purpose. Its small enough to not notice and in the perfect place to quickly throw files in. I've also changed the icon to a simple grey circle to match the wallpaper that turns white if theres anything in the bin.

You can't notice it if you dont know its there. :D

Its sweet and re-sizable so if you had a tablet pc you wouldn't have to carry a kb. The cool thing is it has text prediction. I really like this since I am disabled and cant reach that far.

My physical kb is the smallest kb ever its really funny:)

What on-screen keyboard is that? Looks nice!

figured its time to contribute again....

for those that dont notice....this is my Ubuntu 10.4 partition.....very nice OS, use it whenever I dont think ill be gaming, or folding(atm).....and well its menu structure on top lets me not need all the icons on my windows desktop

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit: just realize there is a black bar.....thats because my left screen is 1440x900, and the right is 1920x1080.....that bar should be at the top, guess i never re adjusted the monitors in xserver after my last change

Don't know that it qualifies as "clean", but how about "empty"? I've found that I prefer the Win7 basic schema, as it allows for a little more screen space.

22981907.png

I like to not have icons on the desktop, whatsoever. I think I accidentally muted my notes on the side, normally, the stickies are right below the last gadget.

Also, the background rotates between some high-res pics of our solar system and beyond :)
desktopsept2010.png

Back