***The Official Arma 3 Thread***

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
some new screenshots and info:

Arma3_screenshot_1202_27.jpg

Arma3_screenshot_1202_01.jpg

Arma 3: Neue HD-Screenshots zur Militärsimulation, Optik noch nicht absolut überzeugend - Bildergalerie, [2012/02/ARMA_3__1_.jpg]

Game features :

Game engine:
Physical simulation & improved animations:
Take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
Volumetric clouds
The net code is beeing optimized.
4 times more detailed ground textures
Improved Data-Streaming
Improved micro AI and pathfinding
Improved water simulation (visually as well as physically)
Blending from animations to ragdoll
Higher particle limit
New scripting technology
New lighting tech/HDR ( JC twitter feed)
JAVA
Render to Texture
Improved lighting tech
Stereo sounds for weapons and vehicles estimated to use around 50 samples for their engine and exhaust, and 20 samples for the wheels on differing terrain.
New system of hearing weapon reports at different ranges, with distance attenuation and filtering

Artistic direction:
The game will feature more powerfull sounds, similar to popular sound mods.
The sources for much of the audio are also more authentic. Ambient sounds such as the sea, insects, winds, footsteps, etc have been recorded on Lemnos.
Heat haze effect

Gameplay:
Customizable Soldier Load:
Choose your uniform (2), assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get loaded up.
Multiplayer Gameplay:
Challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
Completely Extensible & Moddable:
Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
Underwater operations now supported (2)
HALO
All the buildings on Lemnos are enterable and can be destroyed. .
Weapon modification on the fly is now possible.
The game will feature a 3D editor.
Action menus will be improved
Helicopter sounds will be on par with the ones in TOH.
The game will include the Take On Helicopters flight model, however it will not be avaiable in the main SP campaign.
The Mk8 SDV will have a periscope.
The player will be able to attach explosive charges to enemy boat huls and other vehicles.[/B]
The player will be able to remotely operate mortars .
Helmet mounted cameras
Objects like tactical vests will have weight and different carrying capacities.
Headgear will offer different levels of projectile protection.
PvP will be improved.
The game will feature an improved wounding system (no specifics for as of yet)
Improved MP interface
Improved command interface
The player will be able to wear civilian clothes
Hands now move with the steering wheel.
Different muzzle flash samples
Grenade launcher zeroing works like in real life.
There will be a dropdown menu in the editor where you can customize your soliders gear such as camo,headgear, balistic vest and backpack.
Fastroping will be suported.
Shockwaves will be simulated.
Different camo-types ( urban etc)
Your loadout will affect your mobility- enhanced fatigue system
Iimproved UAV's
Iimproved artillery system- set the angle etc manually
Vehicles can now be towed.
Micro UAV's that can be deployed on a squad level.
Some weapons platforms can be operated remotely and some can function on their own.
All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.
The MP chat system will be improved.
Modular vehicle turrets
Working mirrors and MFD's
Underwater combat is now possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSv81GcfFE&feature=player_embedded

Open beta/pre alpha version available after E3

Definitely have high interest although I hope see a little bit of refinement to some of the gameplay. By that I mean I'd like to see it where it doesn't take 3-4 steps to do something very simple like picking up a box of ammo and so forth.

Other than that: Will be watching this with rapt interest and eagerness.

Definitely have high interest although I hope see a little bit of refinement to some of the gameplay. By that I mean I'd like to see it where it doesn't take 3-4 steps to do something very simple like picking up a box of ammo and so forth.

Other than that: Will be watching this with rapt interest and eagerness.

This x1000. I loved the concept of the other Arma games, but they made everything overly complicated, which ultimately made it not very fun.

I've always wanted to try this series but have been afraid of the gameplay. I don't like the idea of being in a tank but not being able to pilot and run the gun at the same time. I know doing so would be more 'arcady' but Arma is a single player game. Other than some vehicles I don't see why it cannot maintain the realism.

Arma 2 is not a single player game

Agreed. The campaigns are pretty cool, but TBH I think there is more focus on the MP.

Also not really sure how I feel on the near-futuristic setting. I guess I just prefer the here-and-now modern weapons as opposed to weapons that don't exist yet or are still in development.

Please, please, please fix the animations and clunky engine components!

I'll probably buy it.

But for now, I need to download the latest release for the Invasion44.

I cannot fucking wait for this game. Without a doubt my #1 most-wanted title of 2012.

^^ He's right it's pretty much the same crap netcode since the first Operation Flashpoint 1.0 ....I think the name of it is called GarbageTech 4.5.

You clearly haven't played any of the recent games, because the netcode has improved dramatically in the last several months. Hell, it's been better than OFP for a LONG time.

Plus, Bohemia Interactive is probably THE most community-oriented developer I've ever experienced.

This is top of the list but as always, what worries me in the engine as I can never get the games to run at a decent framerate.

Yeah, my biggest problem with ArmA2 OA is the overall performance. There is some weirdness with the engine coding that causes low CPU and GPU usage while also getting low framerate. I think part of that is poor multi-threading implementation. If ArmA 3 improves on that dramatically I will be a happy camper.

The engine is pretty scalable, but turning down a lot of the video options too far makes the game look like shit.

Yeah ArmA 3 is shaping up to be awesome. We should see a lot more at E3 with a Community Alpha in the following months!

Back