The Official 100 HDCP ready video card list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
There are actually several video cards out right now that are fully HDCP compliant and ready and I thought it
would be a good idea to get a list going for those who are looking for a new video card that are also hoping to
play protected HD content on their PC.

For those of you who do not know what HDCP is I present to you the HDCP Wikipedia page.
The short explaination is that HDCP is hardware copy protection for protected HD media playback and
if you want to watch HD content using your new HD DVD or Blu-ray drive you will need a
HDCP ready video card.

Key:
AGP cards are listed in Cyan.
Card's that are dual link HDCP are listed in bright green.
Most cards "can't protect both DVI links here (2560x1600) and HDCP is therefore shown as inactive.
That's the case for everything other than 8600 GTS (and HDCP 8600 GTs and 8500 GTs), and with WinDVD,
playback fails with a handy Stop message. Drop down to 1280x800 however, and HDCP is active on the
single link."
The above quote is from a Beyond3D article.

"It is important to emphasize the fact that HDCP is supported over dual-link DVI, allowing 8600 and 8500
hardware to play HDCP protected content at its full resolution on any monitor capable of displaying
1920x1080. Pairing one of these cards with a Dell 30" monitor might not make sense for gamers, but for
those who need maximal 2D desktop space and video playback, the 8600 GT or GTS would be a terrific
option."
The above quote is from a AnandTech article.

ATI

HD 2900 Series

All retail HD 2900 XTs
Newegg link.

HD 2600 Series

All retail HD 2600 XTs PCI-E and AGP

All retail HD 2600 Pros PCI-E and AGP

HD 2400 Series

All retail HD 2400 XTs PCI-E and AGP

All retail HD 2400 Pros PCI-E and AGP

X1950 Series

All retail X1950 XTXs except for MSI's RX1950XTX-VT2D512E regular & water cooling editions.
Newegg link.

Asus EAX1950XT/HTVDP/256M
The card's manufacturer home page.

Club3D X1950 XT 256MB

GeCube Radeon X1950 XT

GeCube X1950 XT AGP TEC X-Turbo Fan Overdrive edition

HIS X1950 XT IceQ3 Turbo Dual DL-DVI VIVO 256MB

HIS X1950 XT Dual DL-DVI VIVO 256MB

MSI RX1950XT-VT2D256E-HD

Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT

Only two AGP X1950 Pros
GeCube Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB GDDR3 HDCP Edition
VisionTek Radeon X1950 Pro XGE 256MB GDDR3 AGP

Almost all retail PCI-E X1950 Pros
Newegg link.
Click here for list of HDCP ready Radeon X1950 Pros

Sapphire Radeon X1950 GT AGP

Sapphire Radeon X1950 GT

X1900 Series

Asus EAX1900XT/HTVDP/256M

Connect3D Radeon X1900 GT VIVO HDCP Enabled

GeCube Radeon X1900 GT 256MB GDDR3 HDCP Edition (GC-H1900GTD-VID3)

X1650 Series

PowerColor X1650 XT AGP

Almost all X1650 XT PCI-Es
Click here for a list of HDCP ready Radeon X1650 XT PCI-Es

GeCube X1650 Pro HDMI/HDCP Low Profile Edition (GC-HD165LPG2-D3)

VisionTek X1650 Pro HDMI

X1600 Series

Asus EAX1600PRO/I/256M (HDMI)

GeCube X1600 Pro 256MB GDDR2 HyperMemory 512MB HDCP Edition (GC-HV1600PG2-D3)
This card has two DVI connectors on it and comes with a DVI to HDMI adaptor and a HDMI-HDMI cable.

GeCube X1600 Pro 256MB GDDR2 HyperMemory 512MB HDMI/HDCP Slim Edition (GC-HD16PLG2-D3)
Site is gone.

PowerColor X1600 Pro HDMI

Sapphire X1600 Pro HDMI 256MB AGPs
Click here for a list of HDCP ready Sapphire X1600 Pro AGPs.

Sapphire X1600 Pro HDMI 128MB and 256MB (100167L) version

Visiontek X1600 Pro 256MB HDMI HDCP

X1300 Series

Sapphire X1300 XT 512MB

Sapphire X1300 XT 256MB DDR2

GeCube X1300 256MB GDDR2 HyperMemory 512MB HDCP Slim HeatPipe Edition (GC-HV13HPL2-D3)
This card has two DVI connectors on it and comes with a DVI to HDMI adaptor and a HDMI-HDMI cable.

GeCube X1300 256MB GDDR2 HyperMemory 512MB HDMI/HDCP Slim Edition (GC-HD13PLG2-D3)

PowerColor X1300
Site is gone.​

nVidia

8800 Series

All retail 8800 Ultras
Newegg link.

All retail 8800 GTXs except for MSI's NX8800GTX-T2D768E
Newegg link.

All retail 640MB 8800 GTSs except for MSI's NX8800GTS-T2D640E
Newegg link.

All retail 320MB 8800 GTSs
Newegg link.

8600 Series

8500 Series

7950 Series

All retail 7950 GX2s
Newegg link.

Almost all retail 7950 GTs
Newegg link.
Click here for list of HDCP ready 7950 GTs

7900 Series

Asus 7900 GTX EN7900GTX/2PHT/512M

Evga e-GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB RoHS w/HDCP (512-P2-N572-AR)

Leadtek WinFast PX7900 GTX TDH Extreme (HDCP Ready)

XFX GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB DDR3 HDCP RoHS Ghost Recon Bundles
PV-H71F-YDF9 Core: 665MHz Memory: 1.63GHz
PV-T71F-YHF9 Core: 665MHz Memory: 1.63GHz
PV-H71F-YDP9 Core: 690MHz Memory: 1.75GHz
PV-T71F-YHE9 Core: 675MHz Memory: 1.70GHz
PV-H71F-YDE9 Core: 675MHz Memory: 1.70GHz
PV-T71F-YHP9 Core: 690MHz Memory: 1.75GHz
PV-T71F-YHL9 Core: 650MHz Memory: 1.60GHz

Galaxy Masterpiece GeForce 7900 GT Dual Core 1GB

MSI NX7900GT-VT2D256E HD

Some GeForce 7900 GSs
Click here for a list HDCP ready 7900 GSs.

7600 Series

Asus EN7600GT/HTDI/256M

Galaxy Masterpiece GeForce 7600GT Dual Core

Gigabyte GV-NX76T256HI-RH

MSI NX7600GT Diamond Plus (HDMI)
Very nice large picture.

MSI NX7600GT-VT2D256E HD
Card review.

Sparkle GeForce 7600 GT Cool-pipe SF-HPX76GDH

Sparkle GeForce 7600 GT SF-HPX76GDH

Gigabyte 7600 GS GV-NX76G256HI-RH (HDMI)
Card review.

Leadtek WinFast PX7600 GS TDH HDMI

MSI NX7600GS-MTD256E HDMI

Zotac GeForce 7600 GS HDMI (ZT-76SE25H-FSH)

7300 Series

MSI NX7300GS-MD256EH HDMI
If you find any more HDCP ready video cards please post them here. It would be nice to have proof that
is not on the manufacturer's site (or pasted from the manufacturer's site) if you can provide it.

Yes, it's a good thread but I believe I read that they are not going to incorproate HDCP into DVD movies unbtil at least 2010 so does it really matter if we have HDCP video cards now?

Gatticus said:
Yes, it's a good thread but I believe I read that they are not going to incorproate HDCP into DVD movies unbtil at least 2010 so does it really matter if we have HDCP video cards now?

Downloadable videos might require it sooner than DVD videos

Ajax9000 said:
According to http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_31318.html, the Sony VAIO range now has 7600x + HDCP. But it appears to only be for the desktop models VGC-RC310G & VGC-RC320P.

The Sony website confirms HDCP, but doesn't give many additional details.

Adrian

I read somewhere that the 7600's for Sony's HTPC's where the first HDCP ready cards NVIDIA had made and that they shipped all of them to Sony.

Terra - But I can't remember where I read it...it's a while back...

Terra said:
I read somewhere that the 7600's for Sony's HTPC's where the first HDCP ready cards NVIDIA had made and that they shipped all of them to Sony.

Terra - But I can't remember where I read it...it's a while back...

They were 6200's and 6600's. Maybe some 7600's at this point.

Terra - I don't use my signature properly

I have added the news of the 7900 series refresh to the first post.
I hope the manufacturers use easy to understand card model numbers so that we can tell the difference
between the new HDCP cards and the old ones.

Updat-a-liscious!
Hexus has reported that Leadtek is going to be releasing a 7600 GT that is fully HDCP ready.
They even have a nice picture of the card and its specs.
This news is from Computex 2006 and was reported on June 7th.

Good original post, but all i can say is bollocks with hdcp, no way am i upgradeing just because some film twats say i need this and this and this to be able to watch there stuff on my pc.

I hope hdcp fails and it is never ever used for the fact that it will cost me even more money to buy there bullshit when there is NO NEED.

I dont agree with crackers or piracy in general, but whoever cracks this ( if i recall its already been done ) will be my hero.....

Who said you needed it? If you want Blu Ray/HD-DVD they are just pushing the format on you but they arn't forcing you there either. They are waiting for the transition of all cards and other video devices to adopt it and when a majority of people have new tv's with hdcp they will turn on the flags. They arn't forcing you now but they know eventually when they have the whole market full of cards with this feature they can enable it without a big comotion.In 5-10 years you are going to buy a new video card/monitor/tv especially because the goverment has enacted into law that all tv's must be digital. I am not thinking of it as "man I have to buy this now" but more "ah eventually i will buy a card that will have this support and then I will be prepared for when they turn the flags on". It's not like video cards and tv's and monitors will have this as only an option in the next few years it will be standard. This format is not like a company that can fold it's being regulated by all manufactures so no matter what you can't buy a new device without having to deal with it. Unless millions of people protest in the street this wont disappear.

Oh also the fact that you said whoever cracks this is your hero states that you are going to buy one of these devices anyhow so your just going to support something you hate. It's like being apart of peta while you work at KFC.

Gonna laugh when HDCP is eventually cracked just like everything else.

It technicly has been cracked all you need is a breakout box that will convert hdmi stream to dvi and bam.

psychoace said:
It technicly has been cracked all you need is a breakout box that will convert hdmi stream to dvi and bam.

You just made my day.

psychoace said:
Correct, it's a box that goes:

HDCP -> Box -> No HDCP

I think you can get a DVI box that is a 1-to-3 splitter that also removes HDCP.

I added the GeCube cards yesterday and I added the purchase link for the Sapphire X1600 Pro today.

I just added two more GeCube cards!
GeCube even has a nifty new category on their site called HDMI/HDCP which makes it really
easy for me to find what I need. So far GeCube is in the lead with 4 HDCP cards to MSI's 2.

I might have a reason to re-pick up an X1600pro, but its going for to be for my SFF project, no more CF fun :(

Trimlock said:
I might have a reason to re-pick up an X1600pro, but its going for to be for my SFF project, no more CF fun :(

If you use the link I put in the post above yours you will see that GeCube has cleared room for some X1900 HDCP goodness.
So soon if you want an ATI card with HDCP, you may be able to get something better than the lowly X1600 Pro.
I am guessing there will be a X1900 GT from someone with HDCP sometime.

psychoace said:
Who said you needed it? If you want Blu Ray/HD-DVD they are just pushing the format on you but they arn't forcing you there either. They are waiting for the transition of all cards and other video devices to adopt it and when a majority of people have new tv's with hdcp they will turn on the flags. They arn't forcing you now but they know eventually when they have the whole market full of cards with this feature they can enable it without a big comotion.In 5-10 years you are going to buy a new video card/monitor/tv especially because the goverment has enacted into law that all tv's must be digital. I am not thinking of it as "man I have to buy this now" but more "ah eventually i will buy a card that will have this support and then I will be prepared for when they turn the flags on". It's not like video cards and tv's and monitors will have this as only an option in the next few years it will be standard. This format is not like a company that can fold it's being regulated by all manufactures so no matter what you can't buy a new device without having to deal with it. Unless millions of people protest in the street this wont disappear.

Oh also the fact that you said whoever cracks this is your hero states that you are going to buy one of these devices anyhow so your just going to support something you hate. It's like being apart of peta while you work at KFC.

Umm, did i say I hate piracy ?, no I said I disagree with it in general, but buying a breakout box to convert signals isnt like buying a counterfeit dvd of a film or game now is it.

I wouldnt class myself as a pirate or anyone else for that matter for buying hardware that is capable of doing something illegal, thats like buying a pc even tho it can be used for a myriad of legal and illegal activities. So what you said is like saying, if you dont like piracy, then if you buy a pc or blank dvd discs then you are supporting piracy.....

So it isnt anything like working for KFC and being a member of peta....

And they are doing more than merely pushing the format on us, we would need new dvd drive, new graphic cards, and new monitors, does that sound like Ah they are just pushing the format on us, no problem or harm there......

They are basically blackmailing us and that we must buy there new kit, whether thats now or 5 years from now, as i am sure the majority of pc users will still have the same monitor in 5 years time.....

If you use the link I put in the post above yours you will see that GeCube has cleared room for some X1900 HDCP goodness.
So soon if you want an ATI card with HDCP, you may be able to get something better than the lowly X1600 Pro.
I am guessing there will be a X1900 GT from someone with HDCP sometime.

don't really want it for game support at all, the X1600pro almost hitting the bar of being low end as far as GPU's goes, still is a good gaming card for its price, i already have an X1900XT, and a 7800GS BLISS+, i don't need another gaming card, this card will be just home entertainment goodness and i'd think the X1600 would fit it perfectly

Will all these OEM manufacturers be re-releasing a revised ver. of 7900GTX w/ HDCP compliant added on? I mean, why do it on 7900GT when they should start w/ 7900GTX?

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:
Umm, did i say I hate piracy ?, no I said I disagree with it in general, but buying a breakout box to convert signals isnt like buying a counterfeit dvd of a film or game now is it.

I wouldnt class myself as a pirate or anyone else for that matter for buying hardware that is capable of doing something illegal, thats like buying a pc even tho it can be used for a myriad of legal and illegal activities. So what you said is like saying, if you dont like piracy, then if you buy a pc or blank dvd discs then you are supporting piracy.....

So it isnt anything like working for KFC and being a member of peta....

And they are doing more than merely pushing the format on us, we would need new dvd drive, new graphic cards, and new monitors, does that sound like Ah they are just pushing the format on us, no problem or harm there......

They are basically blackmailing us and that we must buy there new kit, whether thats now or 5 years from now, as i am sure the majority of pc users will still have the same monitor in 5 years time.....

I never said you hated piracy i said you hated HDCP and the fact that you are going to buy HDCP content be it Blu Ray or HD-DVD's shows that you are helping keep the HDCP format alive by funding it with the purchase of said media. Also they are not forcing you to buy anything because no one is forcing you to buy either of these drives anyway. Dvd's forced people to buy new drives and in the beginning you also had to have a mpeg2 decoder because most pc's couldn't handle decoding the video. Yes it seems a little excessive for what they are asking but there is only one thing you can do about it and that's boycott both products. They wont learn there lessons unless they are forced to. They were forced to turn off the ICT flag for HDCP because it ment they would have 0 customers when there products came out. Now they need to be pushed even further if you want it the way you like it.

I just bought a new video card and monitor a few months ago and spent quite a pretty penny. Both are non HDCP compliant, me buying a breakout box to be able to watch HD movies that I buy from the store because there isn't any HDCP stuff out there doesn't seem like a crime to me with the way these companies want us you REPURCHASE every damn thing to get an HDCP compliant version.

In my opinion whoever created this HDCP trash and then allowed no one to implement it for a damn long time can kick rocks and die in a damn fire.

While I respect what you're attempting to do with the list, hdcp is dead for a good 5 years at least. Sony releasing a PS3 with no hdmi effectively sealed that fate.

Now I'm confused. I see people seemingly using HDCP and HDMI interchangably. TMK, HDCP is the copy protection crap that should die (my opinion of course), and HDMI is a higher-bandwidth interface for connecting bandwidth hungry media devices like HDTVs to HD-DVD players.

Thoughts?

BobSutan said:
Now I'm confused. I see people seemingly using HDCP and HDMI interchangably. TMK, HDCP is the copy protection crap that should die (my opinion of course), and HDMI is a higher-bandwidth interface for connecting bandwidth hungry media devices like HDTVs to HD-DVD players.

Thoughts?

QFT.

Those abbreviations and what they represent are not interchangeable.
I also pitty the poor souls who get confused because they both begin with the same two letters.

I have added a Newegg link for the 256MB HDMI X1600 Pro from Sapphire.
Rejoice!
Other than that not much going on.
I still can't find the model number for the 128MB version. Some UK site is selling it but they
do not provide the model number.

Just wanted to say that HDCP is the content protection. HDMI is the interface that combines DVI and digital audio into one cable.

I've been waiting a long time for HD content to become available and in my opinion it hasn't really happend yet. If the industry has to push out HDCP so they feel all their movies are safe from pirates that's fine with me. So long as I can get HD QAM into my computer, get my 1st copy, and be able to watch store bought HD, I'll be happy.

What makes my unhappy is when you buy a new TV, it doesn't work with QAM, and the manufacturer has to come out to your house to upgrade the firmware on your TV so it does work.

Has anyone heard of or seen any new HDCP ready video cards?
I have seen nothing new lately. :(

perry753 said:
Add the revised 7900GT's from Evga.

Why? Evga does not say they are HDCP ready. They say the have HDTV encoders, just
like the old ones. If you have proof of this please share it with me.

EDIT

I think you are thinking about these 7900 GTs and not the ones Evga released recently.
The ones Evga released have better memory on them than the old ones and that is the only
major difference.

I have yet to see any of the 7900 GTs with HDCP mentioned in the above article on any
website yet. If you see them let me know please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back