The *OFFICAL* is CS Dead or Not THREAD

Originally posted by zoltan
all of these people posting i wish cs would die are morons. why does it bother you that the 1337er gamers still play a game that isnt mindless? does it really bother you?

i'm the person who doesnt take graphics over gameplay.Gameplay is what matters to me not those pretty pixel shaders ( although i have grown quite fond of them).

We had this discussion in the other thread. We are morons? I would think that you're the one in the dark.

CS IS NOT THE ONLY GAME THAT REQUIRES STRATEGY!

And the 1337er gamers? Give me a break. You heard of fatal1ty? That guy is a god. And he is a god at more than 1 game, none of which is CS. Try reading a tutorial on UT2k3 by him and tell me that it isn't mindless.

Here are some games that you might try if your looking for something "not mindless" -

1) Wolfenstein ET: Multiple player classes and TEAM based. There's teamwork if I ever saw it. Diffusing explosives, airstrikes, planting mines, building barriers, etc. Sounds pretty intelligent to me.

2) Rainbow Six series: Need I say more?

3) UT series: Certainly faster paced than CS but not without thought. Last time I checked playing CTF required quite a bit of teamwork, admit it or not.

I won't go on but I could.

CS is a great game but it's the "CS for life" attitude that bugs me. This isn't a discussion of graphics. I don't care what the graphics are like, if the gameplay is good then play it. I am gonna be blunt here and say that you yourself are mindless thinking that CS is the ONLY game that isn't mindless. Pull your head out of the hole that is CS and play something else. And as far as the "1337er" players playing CS, go to a major tournament and cry "every game is mindless but CS!" and see what happens.

. I am gonna be blunt here and say that you yourself are mindless thinking that CS is the ONLY game that isn't mindless

You sir, have issue's. I know its not the only game that isnt mindless. The clancy games are very statigic but does that mean it doesnt suck? UT IS MINDLESS IF YOU ARE PUBBING AND I DONT SEE ALOT OF SCRIMMING GOING DOWN. Never tryed Woflestein but its fairly old. Meh, i BYOC at CPL and just about everyone ONLY played counter-strike. Ut pubs are in fact unstratigic HALF the the a teamate can ruin it for EVERYBODY. example i was playing AS_JUNKYARD a fun map when we captured the "card" and were about to get in the car some guy took it and decided it would be funny to just keep it in the garge while yelling on his micraphone. Not saying CS isnt going to have Tkers. How could you even recommand the clancy games though? there nothing to be but a BETA for MRS.PACMAN. Yes CS does have the fairer share of 1337er gamers you just dont know how its really done. Meh i play COD, UT , and Halo yet ive never really had the level of pure leetness in neither of those games that i get in CS. Cs is a game where you can grow as a player and adept the maps unlike in my mind ( other games ).

CS is alive only because of the league play In my opinion. Without all the clans, and leagues, it would die really fast.

Never tryed Woflestein but its fairly old.

and CS isn't fairly old? :rolleyes:

How could you even recommand the clancy games though? there nothing to be but a BETA for MRS.PACMAN.

okay, and shortly before this comment you said they are fairly strategic. Then you're bashing on them. Right... I know there's a difference, but I just don't understand the logic.

Meh i play COD, UT , and Halo yet ive never really had the level of pure leetness in neither of those games that i get in CS. Cs is a game where you can grow as a player and adept the maps unlike in my mind ( other games ).

what exactly is a "level of pure leetness"??? that is by far the most confusing thing I've read in awhile.

/ sigh /

I still like CS but I know its dieing slowly. Its just really funny that most you guys that replied to this thread blame 12 year olds and cheaters for the reason CS is dead. In my personal experience there hasnt been that many cheaters, well lately there hasnt been. I'd say theres 10% of cheaters in CS. Theres more people who get accused of cheating, which actually dont cheat - than people who actually cheat. Now for the 12 year olds talking shits in servers, yes its annoying but theres a reason why they made a mute button. Some people will say that muting people takes to much work. What are you that fucking lazy?? Its less than 5 clicks to mute someone, jesus... One thing CS shouldnt of done was become retail.

If I used the same logic most of you use to say cs is dead then I have to say Hardforum is defenitly dead.

Originally posted by Spinal
And the 1337er gamers? Give me a break. You heard of fatal1ty? That guy is a god. And he is a god at more than 1 game, none of which is CS. Try reading a tutorial on UT2k3 by him and tell me that it isn't mindless.

sorry but i just can't resist. FATAL1TY PLAYS CS NOW!!!!!!! HE HAS FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS BECAUSE CS IS WHERE THE MONEY IS!!!! and on top of that, he played cs before this as well for a month before going to ut2k3.

link to his cs team on CAL

he will also be competing at the CPL for CS. honestly, please make sure you know what you're talking about before you post.

Could someone who plays CS please give me there definition of "strategic" please. I really don't see how CS takes that much thought. Its not Starcraft or anything. Now that game takes strategy.

and CS isn't fairly old?

was i bashing Woflestein? i know its OLD and i havnt heard anything about it. that be that.

okay, and shortly before this comment you said they are fairly strategic. Then you're bashing on them. Right... I know there's a difference, but I just don't understand the logic

i believe i said "The clancy games are very statigic but does that mean it doesnt suck?" moving on.

what exactly is a "level of pure leetness"??? that is by far the most confusing thing I've read in awhile.

Meaning you just can "Own" like you can in CS in any other game. its really a term that only a GOOD cs player could understand. the game is a perfectionist game unlike UT where man vs. man is useless since i could go drive a TANK and blow you to pieces. hope that cleared that up. yes i know it was confusing :eek:

-sigh

was i bashing Woflestein? i know its OLD and i havnt heard anything about it. that be that.

i believe i said "The clancy games are very statigic but does that mean it doesnt suck?" moving on.

Meaning you just can "Own" like you can in CS in any other game. its really a term that only a GOOD cs player could understand. the game is a perfectionist game unlike UT where man vs. man is useless since i could go drive a TANK and blow you to pieces. hope that cleared that up. yes i know it was confusing :eek:

-sigh

we'll see how good these elite cs gamers are at aiming when doomIII rolls around. d3 actually requires you to be a little precise. and not aim in just the general area of a head.

Originally posted by uB3rn00b3r
Could someone who plays CS please give me there definition of "strategic" please. I really don't see how CS takes that much thought. Its not Starcraft or anything. Now that game takes strategy.

if you don't think cs takes strategy you've been playing in pubs too much. to beat a good team you need insanely good teamwork, timing, and skill. you need to know where the rest of your team is at all times and exactly when/where to place your nades, how to enter a bombsite together, how to defend a bombsite, when to rotate, etc etc etc.

CS isn't dead. It's not an easy game either; a fair amount of skill is needed unless your playing against total nubs.

On the other hand, nothing can make me touch the halflife engine again.. I'll stick to Americas Army for a tactical shooter FPS.

Originally posted by trajik
CS isn't dead. It's not an easy game either; a fair amount of skill is needed unless your playing against total nubs.

On the other hand, nothing can make me touch the halflife engine again.. I'll stick to Americas Army for a tactical shooter FPS.

you would think there would be nobody new playing the game by now...

Originally posted by Jason711
we'll see how good these elite cs gamers are at aiming when doomIII rolls around. d3 actually requires you to be a little precise. and not aim in just the general area of a head.

WTH? The game isn't even out and you already know how much skill the multiplayer element of it takes?

I wish people would stop being fanboys.

i wasn't saying you were bashing the game. just stating your "excuse" is not valid, considering the age of CS as well.

i'm sorry, but there's no way in HELL you can say CS is the origin of the work "Own", and in turn no way in hell you can say that only a GOOD CS player would understand that word. Quit being ignorant. All there is to it really.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not sitting here thinking the game totally sucks, I don't mind playing it at a LAN for good 'ol times. But to think that CS is the end all be all of games, is just stupid. To think that it's the only "leet" game. And that you won't get to a "level of lleetness" what ever the hell that is, is just down right stupid. The whole idea of a "level of leetness" is stupid in it's own right.

i'm out though, this argument is going nowhere. and fast.

Originally posted by finalgt
WTH? The game isn't even out and you already know how much skill the multiplayer element of it takes?

I wish people would stop being fanboys.

that statement was in no correlation with being a "fanboy". it states that it is easier to shoot and hit a target in CS.

why dont you read up on it... its documented. and just because it isnt out yet does not mean correct information on it does not exist. i wish ppl would release their deathgrip on CS, its kinda sad i think. but whatever.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jäger
if you don't think cs takes strategy you've been playing in pubs too much. to beat a good team you need insanely good teamwork, timing, and skill. you need to know where the rest of your team is at all times and exactly when/where to place your nades, how to enter a bombsite together, how to defend a bombsite, when to rotate, etc etc etc.

Also money management.

I played cs for a couple years and was actually pretty "good" for quite some time, but the whole community just totally threw me away from it. All of the little kids, cheaters, excessive trash talking, and the worst, 1337 talk. I'm not saying saying you don't find these in other online games, but cs just has too much of it (probably because it's one of the biggest online games). I've seen a lot of these people in real life too... been to CPL here in Dallas. Although I didn't stay too long because I saw some guys with LETTER JACKETS of their clans! ROFL!! My god sorry, I just couldn't take it.

Overall I wouldn't say the game is dead, but I think it will be heading that way within a year or two. The reason why so many people play it is because it runs great on lower end systems and of course has lots of fun factor. It just isn't there for me anymore.

The game is dead in my eyes but I play like once a month for old times sake...

Originally posted by w00bi
CS is alive only because of the league play In my opinion. Without all the clans, and leagues, it would die really fast.

bingo

Yeah basically cs is alive because of the competition and the prize money. So if CPL,CAL,UGS, dies out then cs is dead.

Originally posted by Jason711
that statement was in no correlation with being a "fanboy". it states that it is easier to shoot and hit a target in CS.

why dont you read up on it... its documented. and just because it isnt out yet does not mean correct information on it does not exist. i wish ppl would release their deathgrip on CS, its kinda sad i think. but whatever.. :rolleyes:

I wasn't stating the stupidity of your post because I like CS - quite the contrary - I was doing it because it was utterly fucking stupid.

"Documented?" By who? Who has done a study on this type of thing and "documented" it? A bunch of idiots complaining on public forums that "OMFG MP5 IN CS IS SOOOOOO UNREALISTIC" is not "documentation."

It amuses me that you're trying to make your argument sound scientific, like you even understand the underlying coding that determines accuracy and aiming characteristic in videogames...when in reality, you just think that CS is lame, so you claim it has unrealistic aiming. When everybody knows that Doom 3 is by far the more realistic game.

highest level of play, eh? so you've gotten top 3 at cpl or wcg? you've won cal-i? rofl, i find that hard to believe. if you were really at the highest level you woudn't even notice the cheating at 12 year olds because there isn't any at the highest level. lying is not good, sir.

ur stupid dude, just cuz he has gotten to the highest level doesnt mean he always played there, and even when he was at the highest level, theres always pubs... myself i have been in cal-i does that mean i never see cheaters? certainly not. I think this argument is dead

CS is the reason I stopped going to LANs. I switched from CS to DoD two years ago. DoD 3.x beta was 10x better than CS. I went to a LAN hoping some folks would try DoD but they had to play shitty counterstrike. Now I've found a new group of guys to LAN with that are willing to try new games. BF42 even with all the plane campers is better than CS. At least in BF42 you actually have to aim for someone's head to get a head shot. Not only that you have to lead your shots for reasons other than latency.

for a so called intelligent bunch of people some of you are a little fucking slow...

Disable console and voice.

Hey whatya know.... No "12 year old e-thugs" to piss you off anymore.

If your too lazy to click a few buttons and would rather complain instead thats hardly anyone elses problem. Theres no game that is free of the tkers and 12 year old attitudes.

I still play and enjoy it. I play the game minus the voice and console. Took me all of 1.275 minutes.

I dont know about you guys but I play online games for... whats it called... THE GAME... Its not yahoo chat. If you wanna have a chat (like alot of folks do in game) go jump on your Instant messenger and do it.

Originally posted by uB3rn00b3r

Money management, saverounds, boosting, spawn points, spam spots, cover spots, bomb plant areas, camping spots, coordinated rushes, fakes, etc.

Originally posted by quiksilverx181
ur stupid dude, just cuz he has gotten to the highest level doesnt mean he always played there, and even when he was at the highest level, theres always pubs... myself i have been in cal-i does that mean i never see cheaters? certainly not. I think this argument is dead

i'm stupid? the highest level of play is EXACTLY what i said. doing well in pubs is NOT by any means the highest level of play. and please enlighten me with what cal-i clan you have been in. proof would be nice as well. but oh wait, you can't provide either because your argument is empty.

Meaning you just can "Own" like you can in CS in any other game. its really a term that only a GOOD cs player could understand. the game is a perfectionist game unlike UT where man vs. man is useless since i could go drive a TANK and blow you to pieces. hope that cleared that up. yes i know it was confusing

Please walk into quakecon and say that...

i'm stupid? the highest level of play is EXACTLY what i said. doing well in pubs is NOT by any means the highest level of play. and please enlighten me with what cal-i clan you have been in. proof would be nice as well. but oh wait, you can't provide either because your argument is empty.

your arguing the wrong topic. Get over it. Not what the thread is about.

You guys sure like to rip on each other. You act like being good at a video game actually means something. I hate to break it to you, but it means jack shit. Now if it becomes a career and you can make big bux doing it than I guess it means something, but in its current form video games are just to kill time.

You guys sure like to rip on each other. You act like being good at a video game actually means something. I hate to break it to you, but it means jack shit. Now if it becomes a career and you can make big bux doing it than I guess it means something, but in its current form video games are just to kill time.

Exactly. I would much sooner have FUN playing UT 2k4 than playing "1337" game like cs full of haxors and bitch ass kids.

Originally posted by finalgt
I wasn't stating the stupidity of your post because I like CS - quite the contrary - I was doing it because it was utterly fucking stupid.

"Documented?" By who? Who has done a study on this type of thing and "documented" it? A bunch of idiots complaining on public forums that "OMFG MP5 IN CS IS SOOOOOO UNREALISTIC" is not "documentation."

It amuses me that you're trying to make your argument sound scientific, like you even understand the underlying coding that determines accuracy and aiming characteristic in videogames...when in reality, you just think that CS is lame, so you claim it has unrealistic aiming. When everybody knows that Doom 3 is by far the more realistic game.

your hipocrisy knows no bounds... you have nothing to prove with your statement. you are only trying to make me look bad for some of your unforeseen shortcomings. deal with your problems.. do not push them on others. its embarassing, for you, not them.

Originally posted by CyberCRAP

when in ANY of my posts have i ever said video games make you special? you can look through them all because i never have. i am a junior in college working my ass off to have a career when i graduate -- don't think i'm some little rich kid who spends his parent's money on games all day.

Exactly. I would much sooner have FUN playing UT 2k4 than playing "1337" game like cs full of haxors and bitch ass kids.

he was referring to everyone in the thread, not just cs players -- thanks for the attempt.

your arguing the wrong topic. Get over it. Not what the thread is about.

pardon me, but i don't take too kindly to insults -- especially unfounded ones.

Yet again, I have to wonder why some kids still think it's possible to insult people, and they'll somehow forget the original argument.

Do you even know what a hypocrite is? We've established you don't know how to spell it, but that doesn't set that word apart from many of the others in your vocabulary. If you don't know what a word means, don't use it; if you do, please explain how exactly I am a hypocrite, because I fail to see an instance where I've demonstrated such a quality.

Unforeseen shortcomings? Why don't you stop being so fucking cryptic with your insults and either find a flaw in my character, or shut the hell up. God, such an 8th grader school of logic.

Please walk into quakecon and say that...

K i'll do that just for you. theres one in about a mounth and im going i already went to CPL....dont take me for a foolish noob.

You sir, have issue's. I know its not the only game that isnt mindless. The clancy games are very statigic but does that mean it doesnt suck? UT IS MINDLESS IF YOU ARE PUBBING AND I DONT SEE ALOT OF SCRIMMING GOING DOWN.

Of course UT pubs are mindless... you even admitted earlier that CS pubs are ridiculous. We are not discussing the servers we are discussing the games.

Never tryed Woflestein but its fairly old. Meh, i BYOC at CPL and just about everyone ONLY played counter-strike.

First of all Wolfenstein: ET is not fairly old. at least in comparison to CS. Go to some more LAN events. Just cuz you got into the CPL BYOC doesn't make you a "1337" player.

Ut pubs are in fact unstratigic HALF the the a teamate can ruin it for EVERYBODY. example i was playing AS_JUNKYARD a fun map when we captured the "card" and were about to get in the car some guy took it and decided it would be funny to just keep it in the garge while yelling on his micraphone. Not saying CS isnt going to have Tkers.

And this is the games fault? You just made your point moot by saying CS has the same problem. Not the games fault...

Yes CS does have the fairer share of 1337er gamers you just dont know how its really done. Meh i play COD, UT , and Halo yet ive never really had the level of pure leetness in neither of those games that i get in CS. Cs is a game where you can grow as a player and adept the maps unlike in my mind ( other games ).

I don't know how it's really done? This is the "holier than thou" attitude that bugs the hell outta me. Pure leetness? Give me a break. And to think that CS is the only game you can "grow as a player and adapt the maps", is the most close-minded statement I have ever heard.

I think "sir" that you believe this because you yourself refuse to grow as a player. But that's fine... take CS to your grave... as long as it makes you happy.

I think I realized how much I don't care... I am done.

Well guys I luv how this has just degenerated into a pissing match. I think I'll leave the discussion go on w/o me since I got nothing against any of you and have no need to make myself feel better by insulting you.

Originally posted by Spinal
I think I realized how much I don't care... I am done.

think you realized i made you feel dumb because your hero fatal1ty plays cs now:p

Back