The obligatory GOTY 2012 thread

To each their own, the naval aspect was by most people and reviewers the best addition to an AC game in a long time. You didn't think Seasons were good? The depth of snow, or tree running were improvements either?

There wasn't anything new that seemed bad, especially when you go back and look at the cheap "tower defense" crap they put into ac revelations.

To each their own, the naval aspect was by most people and reviewers the best addition to an AC game in a long time. You didn't think Seasons were good? The depth of snow, or tree running were improvements either?

There wasn't anything new that seemed bad, especially when you go back and look at the cheap "tower defense" crap they put into ac revelations.

Check my post again for edits. I like the game, but it doesn't really improve on the formula at all...it just adds a bunch of other stuff in the aim of variety.

PC gamer.

Right this minute... Borderlands 2. The 2nd DLC / Torgue... is just amazing. You MUST get it, it's worth buying the main game just laugh your ass off.

Honorable Mention to Dishonored and AC3.

Have REALLY high hopes for Far Cry 3. I hope it lives up to the hype, it could be amazing.

So far loving Planetside 2 if SOE doesn't screw the pooch on this game it will be MMO of the year.

Farcry 3, Max Payne 3, Sleeping dogs

are my 3 choices so far that stand out a lot.

Vessel or Legend of Grimrock for your indie GOTY, really sad how little reception Vessel got.

For me DE:HR was GOTY 2011 for sure.

Me, too. Skyrim was close but if I really had to boil it down pound for pound it was that.

If Hitman Absolution really were a "rip off" of DE:HR like I've seen some try to cast it as vs what it is with its quirks it very likely be my 2012 GOTY or very close to it.

A DE:HR clone would be a considerable upgrade vs the form that game is currently in.

The only game that came out this year that I have played this year is Halo 4. I am a PC-based gamer but have moved more toward the console. Halo 4 has made me forget I have other unplayed games sitting around the house.

Since I've enjoyed Deus Ex:HR (the original as well) and the BioShock series, I already told my wife that I have my sights set on Dishonored.

I rarely get games brand new, but I went balls in with the 360 and got the Halo 4 edition. I am not disappointed, especially when I've been critical of that series in the past.

Xcom, it went from a first person shooter nightmare to one of the best RTS games I've played in a while, simply fantastic. Also, I found it to be scarier than most 'scare' games, its just generally creepy.

Back