The NZXT Gallery

It's a midtower. That's a pretty small enclosure for two GPU's that run as hot as those 680's do.

You folks will crucify me for this but i cut a hole in the side and placed a 92mm fan there. Ill get pics soon.

I have added pictures of the hole I cut in the side of my H2. The five foot view looks pretty good; the 1 foot view has a few niggling imperfections.

http://imgur.com/a/hHqxz#3

I matched the paint pretty well (flat white, not that hard), I need to find a decent, quiet, and white 92mm fan, and I need to restore the acoustic padding I removed around the hole.

I have added pictures of the hole I cut in the side of my H2. The five foot view looks pretty good; the 1 foot view has a few niggling imperfections.

I matched the paint pretty well (flat white, not that hard), I need to find a decent, quiet, and white 92mm fan, and I need to restore the acoustic padding I removed around the hole.

I agree, that looks pretty slick there :)

Here is my H2.

DSC00761.jpg

New SP120 HP fans.
DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

NZXT H2
MSI 890FXa-GD70 AM3+
AMD Phenom II 965BE at 4GHz
Kuehler 620
2x Gigabyte 6850 1Gb
8Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3
2x OCZ Vertex 3 60Gb SSD in Raid 0
2x WD Velociraptor 150Gb storage drives
Tagan 1100W Not-Modular-At-All PSU(So not modular that the cables have more resiliency than steel rod)

In all, I'm fairly impressed with myself. lol

^^
The placement of push-pull fan thing is actually flooding the hot air inside the case instead of outside of it.

You're even running your memory in single channel mode, rather than dual channel (the way you've placed the sticks on the motherboard).

Last edited:

The position of your H-212+ is kinda wrong. You can place it like that but the airflow is basically opposing gravity. Typically its placed in accordance to the rear exhaust fan.

Yes, but that is also how they recommend you run it. It keeps CPU temps down. It also keeps positive air pressure in the case, reducing dust leak. Only thing is, I don't have a filter on the inlet at the moment. I forgot to pick them up yesterday.

On my motherboard, that is dual channel mode. I even checked the manual just now to make sure I was right. Populate Dimm 1 and 2 for Dual Channel memory.

Now, you should probably work on making your criticism sound like positive criticism, not negative. You sound like a know-it-all little snob who hasn't actually tested and learned any of the fundamentals he preaches. Please, come back to us with practical criticism, not this 'you suck and you should feel bad' stuff you have now.

The position of your H-212+ is kinda wrong. You can place it like that but the airflow is basically opposing gravity. Typically its placed in accordance to the rear exhaust fan.

I'm not sure how its opposing gravity? Hot air rises, and I specifically have it pulling upwards that way to get rid of air around my two video cards.

Now its another concern altogether to have the hot air from the GPUs running over the CPU - that basically puts a floor on the cooling temperature of the CPU heatsink.

e: I'll certainly experiment. I just have to evaluate my cooling configuration as an situation overall, not CPU above all else. I'm in a heat situation where I have to cater to the super hot graphics cards and, if that means my CPU is hotter by 10-15 degrees because of it, so be it.

I'm not sure how its opposing gravity? Hot air rises, and I specifically have it pulling upwards that way to get rid of air around my two video cards.

Now its another concern altogether to have the hot air from the GPUs running over the CPU - that basically puts a floor on the cooling temperature of the CPU heatsink.

e: I'll certainly experiment. I just have to evaluate my cooling configuration as an situation overall, not CPU above all else. I'm in a heat situation where I have to cater to the super hot graphics cards and, if that means my CPU is hotter by 10-15 degrees because of it, so be it.

I recommend some good thermal compound. Personally, I use Prolimotech PK1. Stuff is sexy. Until you get it on your face, then, not so sexy.

Here's my brand new NZXT Switch 810.

Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair H80
HD7950
Corsair HX850

P1010160.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010167.jpg

I love clean looking builds. Cable management is so key in making a build look nice. Nice work, guys!

Speaking of clean builds: Here is how my Lexa looks with the 470. Old as it is as a card, it's still quite a beast, and rocks BF3 on ultra no problem.

dscn5065j.jpg

dscn5062a.jpg

And the room

dscn5406p.jpg

Last edited:
That is a pretty clean build too! I really like those old Lexa cases. So underrated. I'm hoping to eventually see a new version in the future because it's such a unique case design. Nice BF3 poster too :) At least it's not COD.

I'm diggin' it. Really clean and sharp looking. Great job. Thats a nice lil setup you got for your game room. The headphone stand looks like one of those things to hang banana's on lol.

Haha thanks XNine - It is such a great case, and the only one worth upgrading too =P And I promise that isn't a cod poster on the left hand side..............

Yeah popswala, that's because it IS one of those things to hang banana's on... I took out the screw that held the bananas. Hahahaha.

Haha thanks XNine - It is such a great case, and the only one worth upgrading too =P And I promise that isn't a cod poster on the left hand side..............

Yeah popswala, that's because it IS one of those things to hang banana's on... I took out the screw that held the bananas. Hahahaha.

BLASPHEMY! Thou shalt not like any COD except for COD 1 and 2! Tis the commandment of all gamer-kind!

Calm calm calm - I use it strictly for gaming with my buddy who doesn't have a PC powerful enough to play BF3 - It's a clan lan game alone. I would never spend time playing it alone, or enjoy it ever. ;)

posted these over at oc3d's NZXT forum, though it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as [H] does ;)
I'm waiting on the second sleeved 6+8 pin pci-e cables and the single-slot bracket for the 2nd card. i'm probably going to ditch the interior blue LED strip and get a few white LED strips, as a few have told me it'll probably look a lot nicer

img1511wz.jpg

img1503rg.jpg

img1505d.jpg

img1508sy.jpg

edit_preview.php

Calm calm calm - I use it strictly for gaming with my buddy who doesn't have a PC powerful enough to play BF3 - It's a clan lan game alone. I would never spend time playing it alone, or enjoy it ever. ;)

Hmmmm, okay then. :D

posted these over at oc3d's NZXT forum, though it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as [H] does ;)
I'm waiting on the second sleeved 6+8 pin pci-e cables and the single-slot bracket for the 2nd card. i'm probably going to ditch the interior blue LED strip and get a few white LED strips, as a few have told me it'll probably look a lot nicer

Very nice, clean looking build you have there! I like the small tube between the GPUs, looks clean. Mix of Bitspower and Monsoon fittings? Me too! :)

Here's an imgr album of my S810. Never fully finished it....
http://imgur.com/a/7G6x0

Last edited:
Regarding the new Phantom 820. I agree with most. I think it's a really cool looking case, lots of great features, but the price is just too steep for me. 200 bucks I think would make sense, considering it's basically a Switch with a different body and LED controller. Then I'd get one. I guess I should be happy that the price of the original Phantom will probably go down at most places and buy one of those.

Regarding the new Phantom 820. I agree with most. I think it's a really cool looking case, lots of great features, but the price is just too steep for me. 200 bucks I think would make sense, considering it's basically a Switch with a different body and LED controller. Then I'd get one. I guess I should be happy that the price of the original Phantom will probably go down at most places and buy one of those.

This seems to be the overwhelming response, unfortunately. People are most definitely entitled to their opinions, and trust me, NZXT is watching it very closely. I think for those who find the price to be unfair, they will be pleasantly surprised in the coming months, as this isn't the only Phantom that will be coming out.

Several reviewers have mentioned "families," so to speak, of Phantoms on the way. So, if the P820 doesn't strike your fancy, perhaps one down the line will.

Well that's good to know! I appreciate the response, and one of the reasons I stick with you guys is for this very reason, you care about the customers.=)

We do try, and we do care. NZXT is a small company but is huge in it's community. A lot of the reason the P820 was developed was based on a lot of people wanting Switch features in a Phantom. Personally (and this might sound biased because I am the Community Rep for NZXT, but I assure you, it's not), I like the case. I think there were some refinements made over the S810 that will be beneficial to people like me who watercool.

That's not to say I won't be modding the case. I will. I want to make it my own. Goodbye mesh, hello windows and new feet! Plus watercooling! 360 and 240 radiator? yessir!

The community is very important to NZXT. We have one of the largest and most dedicated group of people who modify our chassis, and I think it's fantastic that the company recognizes this. We've got a few things lined up in the coming months and I think a lot of it will receive more positive feedback.

I have no doubt the case is great, I like everything about it, except the price tag. In earnest, if I had more money, I'd probably suck it up and buy one anyways.

That being said, I find it actually nice that the switch 810 windowed side panel fits on the 820 - which leads me to believe you guys should offer it as a separate purchase in your panels store, like you sell the windowed phantom side panel. Advertise it as a side panel window for 820 or replacement for the 810. Just saying, I think you'd all make a few extra bucks.

Actually I take that back, hire me, and I will represent it to you and get paid. ;P

I will give you one dollar.... in Monopoly money.... that's stolen. :D

Haha. I suppose that's better than nothing, especially if I am losing monopoly against the wife.

Got the case is assembled for PureOC & Sapphire...... I love how the exterior of the 810 fit this paint theme

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc2.jpg

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc4.jpg

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc5.jpg

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc8.jpg

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc6.jpg

pureoverclock_nzxt_810_case_mod_paint_sapphire_gaming_pc7.jpg

Bill, I always love what you come up with. :) I've said it before, I'll say it again... you're the Chip Foose of PC modding.

Back