The NZXT Gallery

18.jpg

I had built cheap/free frankenstein computers in the past, but never anything "high end" before, (no pins on the CPU?!?!) otherwise I would have ordered some different parts, but those will be future upgrades!

I have some plans to mod the case a little, similar to some of the builds going on right now, but that's for another time when I'm not in the process of moving 5k miles away :D

EVGA Z68 SLI Micro Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600 (I didn't know about the 2600K at the time)
Noctua CPU Cooler
G. Skill Sniper 16Gb 2133MHz RAM
(2) 60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSDs (O/S+Games)
(2) 1Tb Samsung Spinpoint 2.5" HDDs (Media+Music)
ASUS Blu-ray Drive
Corsair AX1200 PSU
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case White

Ordered (1) EVGA GTX 480 1536Mb this morning, ordering the second one on payday.

Very clean! That poor motherboard looks so tiny and lonley, lol.

Finished my rig, let me know what you think (I already have a few things I'm going to change, I just don't feel like draining my loop for the 4th time in 2 weeks, so it's being put on hold)
Parts
moneyshoth.jpg

PC before GPU upgrade & 2nd RAD
loopigpu.jpg

GPU after removing stock HS
gpu1t.jpg

gpu2.jpg

Assembled, side panel off
openlights.jpg

UV Shots
final1w.jpg

final2w.jpg

forgive my camera work, using an iphone 4 and i have no photography skill ;)

anybody getting a switch 810, and needing to know what kind of space you have in the floor to accomodate a specific size rad + PSU combo:
the HX1000 is a 200mm PSU, and the UT60 in those shots is 280x124x60mm
I did not have to modify any part of the case to fit those in the floor, and the rad is not touching the PSU or the cables (though it's very close)

just wanted to put this information out there, because OC3D TTL says a 190mm PSU is maximum size you can have if using a 240mm rad in the floor

Last edited:
Here is my case. I cut it up a lot to get it the way I want it. I took the small HDD bay and velcroed it to the 5.25" bays. I cut the mount for the front 140mm fan completely off and made new holes to mount a 200mm fan. I cut the side panel to hell and installed a acrylic window. I didn't want to do this necessarily, but there is absolutely no need for the 2x 120mm fan holes on the bottom right of the panel and all it does is mess up the airflow from the front fan, so I installed a panel on the back side to cover up that mesh vent as well, but I left the mesh on. I repainted the case blue and silver with some high quality car paint (my dad is a mechanic/painter and gets it for free). I can't tell you what colors they are all I can tell you is the blue is referred to as Corvette blue and the silver is a silver they use on Mercedes SUV's. I think I did a good job. This was the first time I had ever painted, dremeled, and used acrylic. Frankly the fact that I came out with a nice ending just proves that anybody can mod a case, because if I can, everybody can.

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

I'm extremely disappointed that I couldn't get the NZXT fans apart or else they would have been painted silver, and I plan to also get blue ram and get a modular PSU so that I can individually sleeve the cables blue and silver. Anyway thanks for looking hope you guys enjoy it.

get rid of the side panel blue LED fan and it'll look a lot better IMO

side panel fans are an easy way to ruin the look of a nice rig

get rid of the side panel blue LED fan and it'll look a lot better IMO

side panel fans are an easy way to ruin the look of a nice rig

As much as I love looks, That fan needs to stay because it is great for the 670, nothing like fresh cool air hitting the card directly. The only reason I got an LED fan though was because it was the only clear fan Microcenter had available, I hate LEDs inside computers. As I type this my 670 is idling at a cool 26 degrees Celsius.

how many degrees higher would your temps be though if that fan wasn't there :)

i mean basically, if it's making your gpu run necessarily cool then i can understand having it there but if you're shaving off 5 degrees, i'd scrap it because that case looks awesome and i think that fan just sticks out like a sore thumb

I love that blue phantom. First one Ive seen done that way, well done sir.

I don't mind the fan so much. =)

XNine, I sent you a PM a couple days ago regarding my nzxt case. Check it out for me thanks. =)

Sure is a bummer how those types of boards set up the SATA slots, I can't stand that style.

Hey uh, Xnine, hate to bother you again, but I replied to your PM a few days ago and still haven't heard back. IK you are having issues with this forum emailing you about PM's, so this is my version of an email to you.

Thanks bro.

those of you who have switch 810's, how would you choose to mount your SSD so that it's viewable through the side panel? I have a Plextor M3 and it has a sweet brushed aluminum casing + Plextor Logo and I want to mount it somehow so it's viewable through the case. I'm thinking about drilling mounting holes through the panel that the motherboard mounts to

I checked the phantom out at Fry's yesterday... for the $ one of the better cases out there it looks like.

DSCN1722.jpg

Unfortunately these wont be going into a NZXT case... But the Case will have NZXT parts in it. Hopefully the case and the processor will be here tomorrow

I think replacing my red vengeance ram with black vengeance ram is a good reason to take new pics. That and I snagged my wife's camera. =P

dscn4634k.jpg

dscn4627q.jpg

dscn4631v.jpg

dscn4635x.jpg

dscn4638wv.jpg

dscn4644r.jpg

dscn4648j.jpg

some shots from my log:

this is one of my favorite shots -- the case lights COMPLETELY off and only the res. lights on:

This is the mod I made to my case: I cut the stupidly placed front fan bracket, which allowed me to mount my front 240mm rad. AND have a 90 degree fitting toward the front:

My SSD mount location:

Be nice please, im nub.

http://www.mediafire.com/?adrso9j9ebz1t3h
http://www.mediafire.com/?5v3ar9s6t2radb6
http://www.mediafire.com/?z0c2uxmvkm3stqt
http://www.mediafire.com/?0knry6j07d7tf3w
SPECS
AMD 8120 oc to 4.2
Gigabyte 990fxa ud3
16GB Ripjaws
1 Zotac Amp gtx 480 oc 853
1 Evga gtx 480
Silverstone strider 1200w
Revo 120GB boot drive raid0
2 WD 750GB Raid0
1 360mm double thick XSPC rad.
1 280mm Koolance rad
Danger den all copper blocks
Danger den Double Rad Res exterior mounted

Still waiting to get my compression fittings. Copper ones.

I did my best but not as neat as most settups. I also should have cleaned up the smudges before taking the pics

DO NOT VISIT THIS SITE. I JUST HAD A TROJAN VIRUS BLOCKED WHILE LOOKING AT THE PICTURES. OP OR MOD PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST!

Hi everyone , im gonna leave here pics of my actual rig that i have built 2 weeks ago! hope you like it!

Components used:

Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Core I7 3820
SLI Msi Gtx 570 Twin Frozzr III Power Edition/OC
Asrock X79 Extreme 7
7 Enermax TB Silence Pwm Fans (5 x 120mm e 2 x 140mm )
Nzxt Sleeved Kit White 2m
Nzxt Tempest Evo - Side panel cut and inserted transparent acrilic and inserted 3D fibre carbon
PSU Seasonic M12D 850W
2x Samsung F3 ( Raid 0 )

here it goes:

dsc01204i.jpg

dsc01234hf.jpg

dsc01239gn.jpg

dsc01253tf.jpg

dsc01250n.jpg

dsc01249w.jpg

dsc01247s.jpg

dsc01243g.jpg

dsc01241ra.jpg

dsc01240x.jpg

nzxt01.png

nzxt02.png

nzxt05.png

nzxt04.png

nzxt03.png

I need advice as to if i should go the Phantom Full Tower or Phantom 410 route..... I just cant decide since i really wish i could see the innards more than in those 2 cases, but i love how they look. I hope to have SLI or dual GPUs eventually, and i plan on ordering the Cooler Master 212 Evo for the CPU.

So should i go full tower and buy the side panel window w/ it, or buy the mid-tower 410? Decisions....

Last edited:

Are they still making that? Its out of stock on NZXTs website :(

And the NZXT Phantom doesnt have USB 3.0, but that can be avoided w/ the Aperture-M i guess

Are they still making that? Its out of stock on NZXTs website :(

And the NZXT Phantom doesnt have USB 3.0, but that can be avoided w/ the Aperture-M i guess

Actually, I believe since January all NZXT Phantom's ship with USB 3.0.

Got a gtx 470 in the mail today after making 20 bucks to upgrade from a 550ti. ;)

006jf.jpg

Sadly, the case is too small for the arctic cooler. But all is well. I'll probably just sell it. =)

Here's my Phantom. I finally finished it and got her up and running

2012-06-17180941.jpg

2012-06-17180925.jpg

2012-06-19153612.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

2012-07-11220223.jpg

DSC00770800x600.jpg

2012-07-11213741.jpg

specs:
case:NZXT Phantom
board:MSI P55-GD80
cpu: I7 870
cpu cooler: Tt Frio OCK
memory:G. Skill Tridents DDR3 2000 2x2GB
ssd: Mushkin colistro 60GB os
hdd: Seagate 1.5TB storage
gpu: eVGA GTX 275
psu: Corsair HX1000

mods:
Drive bay slot has a belgin white ring switch controls top fan leds
NZXT sleeved led kit White 2m
Painted the plastic strips white
modded top NZXT 200mm fans from blue to white leds

That cooler is amazing. with HT on and under full load at 4.1GHz it doesn't go over 51c

Thanks. I'm happy with how it turned out. Theres alot of room in there and real easy to work in. Lovin' it. I wana change the hdd/power and fan lights to white but haven't figured that one out yet. If anyone who's done that can enlighten me on how to accomplish that. That'll be swell.

I actually I have dual 460's I haven't gotten to moving in there yet. The 275 is folding and the sli is in my main rig(Tt MK-1) folding also. The phantom is going under water soon. Just need to make the time to set it up.

Nice work ranviper! Love that Lexa!

Hey thanks so much! Still probably my favorite looking case on the market. With enough work the cable management can be as good as any (obviously, look at mine) and I could get usb 3 with one of the nzxt 5.25 adapters.

I do however, want to make the upgrade to the switch eventually. Issue, as always, is money. =P

A lot of people like the Lexa, and it really is a look of it's own. You guys (NZXT) should make a new version, updated, called the Lexa X, or Lexa XL. I'd be on that in seconds, and boy would it look nice.

Back