The NZXT Gallery

ranviper

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure how many of you actually even own a NZXT, other than myself, but I know the phantom is a pretty popular case as well. If you DO have em, lets see em.

Last edited:
Mine, Sorry for the crappy pics, Is it ironic that i have the most expensive NZXT case but the cheapest house and my inspire for a camera?

Nice nice.

I'm hoping someone has a nice phantom. That'll probably be my next case.

I have a phantom...I guess I could take some pics of it...after I rearrange the cables, again. I keep changing things, which is bad for cable management. The case has good cable management though, so it helps.

I have a phantom...I guess I could take some pics of it...after I rearrange the cables, again. I keep changing things, which is bad for cable management. The case has good cable management though, so it helps.

Lol, it happens, Ive taken mine apart to rearrange it, only to put it back the way it was because I was happier before.

About done with my M59... here's a teaser pic

P1020529-s.jpg

^ I like it, nice RAM btw. I have the newegg exclusive red version..=)

Thanks.. yeah, I saw the red ones but the blue went with my blue mobo better :) .. I really wanted to roll with some ballistix tracers but there are none in a 1.5v flavor so went with the corsair.. I'm just putting the finishing touches on this build and will snap off some new pics today.. I had mixed feelings about this case when I got it but I am liking it more and more. It's smallish but I have managed to cram a lot of disks into it and keep the wiring fairly neat also..

moar pix

P1020538.jpg

P1020548.jpg

P1020549.jpg

P1020539.jpg

still need to install my sound card... system specs

core i5 2400 @ turbo
gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3-b3
zotac gt430
corsair vengeance 2x 4g 1600 9-9-9-24
120g agility 3 OS
120g adata S599 (64g for SRT cache/ 48g for data)
2x 1tb WD blue raid1 with SRT cache on the front
Asus DVD reader
Pioneer DVD rewriter
ocz modxstream pro

Last edited:
Looking good bro, I like it. Yeah I was rather unhappy with my NZXT case to begin with, because of a lack of cable management, but I was able to put some time into it, and I am relatively happy with the result, and the airflow is good, so for now I am just peachy. I'd like to get a phantom come maybe Christmas, but we shall see.

Yes - the cable management was not easy but I rather enjoyed getting that part done.. it's not as anally clean as some people would like but works for me just fine. The first thing I didn't like about my M59 was that the sides would not come off easily out of the box.. I had to really struggle with them and once the window side popped off I was pulling so hard it dented the back side above the pci slot area, but not badly.. I just bent it back in but didn't fill me with confidence i had made a good buy... buuuut now I am pretty happy with it. Other minor gripes, the side window was very loose but it was easy to secure.. I had to rip the filter material out of the face plate to get decent air flow in the front... no removable motherboard tray, but I knew about that coming into the buy..

Yes - the cable management was not easy but I rather enjoyed getting that part done.. it's not as anally clean as some people would like but works for me just fine. The first thing I didn't like about my M59 was that the sides would not come off easily out of the box.. I had to really struggle with them and once the window side popped off I was pulling so hard it dented the back side above the pci slot area, but not badly.. I just bent it back in but didn't fill me with confidence i had made a good buy... buuuut now I am pretty happy with it. Other minor gripes, the side window was very loose but it was easy to secure.. I had to rip the filter material out of the face plate to get decent air flow in the front... no removable motherboard tray, but I knew about that coming into the buy..

Yeah I've had a few similar gripes with mine a first. The clips that held up my video card in the rear snapped as I tried to open them. Sigh, all was well though as my fiance (using her woodburning stuff) soldered them back together, haha. I would also like to find some time to paint the inside of my case, however, I don't have a week or 2 to let it dry... Unless...I do it over my weeks vacations. Wow, just responding to this thread gave me a great idea. Thanks for...um...being there? LoL. :p

^^ Very nice Phantom. Interals are very much the same as mine, the 2500k, the 550ti, all goods. I recommend cosair vengence ram with those, as they just seem to work well together. Very good ram.

(I do envy your case though!)

Got all the materials today to paint the interior of my case. Going to go with flat black, and white cables. (Cables will come later)

IMG_6599s.jpg

new_cabling2.jpg

Ordered 2 more of the LED 200mm fans for the top and side, a 140 to put in the front and another akasa viper for the 4th heatsink fan (a scythe is in there now which is about 300rpm slower).

Finished putting my rig back together with the new black interior. It's hot looking. Ill throw up some pics in a bit. Next 2 things are a new heatsink and some white cables.

And here is my result. I am pleased, but am saving the rest of my cable management patience for when I get my new white cables. Lol.

087zq.jpg

079ty.jpg

082pb.jpg

081xc.jpg

086xx.jpg

I just noticed the lego storm trooper. nice touch. :) I love star wars legos, have a 4504 millennium falcon set and a few others..

got my sound card finally and installed that (refurb x-fi ti - got for optical out) so will take a couple internal shots of the finished product.. I'm still debating on some more lighting though.. uv ccfl.. hmmm.. decisions decisions. ;)

Old bad pics during the build. If you notice, my second card wasn't even plugged in.
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

A couple things have changed since the pics, and if you'd like, I could get updated pics.

Thanks guys. Yeah I think it looks much better, and the paint is major heat resistant. Up to 1200F, so, I feel safe. :rolleyes: and I am also very excited for the white cables and such. It's gonna look sleek!

I just noticed the lego storm trooper. nice touch. :) I love star wars legos, have a 4504 millennium falcon set and a few others..

got my sound card finally and installed that (refurb x-fi ti - got for optical out) so will take a couple internal shots of the finished product.. I'm still debating on some more lighting though.. uv ccfl.. hmmm.. decisions decisions. ;)

Awesome! I gave most of my lego's to my fiance's little siblings, but I did it knowing they will be coming back my way for my kids.

And I always say the more lights the better, I prefer my PC being the only thing to light up my room at night, especially when gaming.

Ok, I ran into a problem. Since the phantom's power supply intakes from them bottom of the case i couldn't put it on the floor because of the carpet, but the case is to tall to sit on the desk (or at least it is for me) My desk came with a little metal plate for a case to sit on but it was WAY to small for the phantom to sit on. So i made this, not sure if i should post this in the "Ghetto mod" thread, but since it's for my phantom i just posted it here.

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

DSCN1606.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely a ghetto mod. But a very functional ghetto mod. I think it's perfect. The carpet won't be matted down you decide to rearrange or move.

White cables in, got all except one for my GPU, which I need, but they look good! Was able to connect my eSATA to my molex cable and take 2 big cables out, making cable management easier too, Ill post pics tomorrow!

Old bad pics during the build. If you notice, my second card wasn't even plugged in.
A couple things have changed since the pics, and if you'd like, I could get updated pics.

Very nice except the psu part.
Sorry m8 but i have 2 on 2 in the tagan psu.

liking the screw risers idea alot. might have to do something like that myself. :)

Ok, I ran into a problem. Since the phantom's power supply intakes from them bottom of the case i couldn't put it on the floor because of the carpet, but the case is to tall to sit on the desk (or at least it is for me) My desk came with a little metal plate for a case to sit on but it was WAY to small for the phantom to sit on. So i made this, not sure if i should post this in the "Ghetto mod" thread, but since it's for my phantom i just posted it here.

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

DSCN1606.jpg

You could take it a step further and cut out a hole where the intake fan at the bottom of the case is... then even more air can make it into the PSU. Thats what I would personally do anyway.

OR he could mount a window fan (ya know, an actual fan for a house window) onto a board, and then mount the rig on that and turn it on high. :)

I apologize for the quality, will take better pics tomorrow with the nice camera. Just wanted to get some up like I said I would.

003wiz.jpg

004fao.jpg

005daz.jpg

You could take it a step further and cut out a hole where the intake fan at the bottom of the case is... then even more air can make it into the PSU. Thats what I would personally do anyway.

I thought about doing that before sitting the phantom on the bored, but than i got to thinking about the possibility of sucking up extra carpet lint and dust. As you can see in the pic's its not easy to get a vacuum in the corner......... I might just go ahead and do it.

Back