The nintendo Wii IS A FAKEEEEE ! ! ! OMG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StalkerZER0

[H]ard|Gawd
Dunno if you've seen this or not but apparently the Wii is a phantom box.....just like the phantom console was......

http://www.theinq.com/?article=31829

Basically its just an empty shell being run with a signal from a gamecube. Can ya believe this crapola nintendo tried to pull? :rolleyes:

StalkerZER0 said:
Dunno if you've seen this or not but apparently the Wii is a phantom box.....just like the phantom console was......

Basically its just an empty shell being run with a signal from a gamecube. Can ya believe this crapola nintendo tried to pull? :rolleyes:

first it's the inquiere....

second.. nitnendo stated many times that they were bassically using an extension of the gamecube... last.. they said the wii will be a bit stronger.. and they have always said it will basically be a much stronger gamecube...

LAST.. look at their source.. a fucking forum!!! dude are you retarded .. would you actually believe news that came from a forum??

And anyway, if Nintendo did want to secretly run a source to the monitors from something other than a Wii, why would they choose last year's console? If this is true, and people were impressed with 'GameCube' Wiis, then they would be even more impressed by real Wiis.

*shrug*

Everything we see today isn't what it appears to be. Besides, don't most pre release consoles run like this at game shows?

Sony did it,and so did M$. It is deceptive I think, but.....if it works then the Wii should be even better.

/shrug

Firewall said:
*shrug*

Everything we see today isn't what it appears to be. Besides, don't most pre release consoles run like this at game shows?

Sony did it,and so did M$. It is deceptive I think, but.....if it works then the Wii should be even better.

/shrug

If you are referring to last year's E3, Microsoft did no such thing. The demos were run from Dev Kits, but they were out in the open where everyone could see them, there was no attempt to conceal that or imply otherwise.

The Wii is a gamecube basically. Nintendo has said many times, they do not wish to compete graphic wise with the 360 and PS3.

Lazy_Moron said:
The Wii is a gamecube basically. Nintendo has said many times, they do not wish to compete graphic wise with the 360 and PS3.

They do not wish because they dont have the cash to be able to compete. The GC failed to bring in the capital to be able to keep up in that department, so they put their money towards controller innovation instead. Which is going to turn out to be one big Gimmick anyway. Its plan B for nintendo. Plan A would have been to keep competing with Sony and MS.

Still, something shown at a trade show should be from a dev kit at least......right?????
At least sony had dev kits. Whats up with the wii then? Geez, its never come to the point where when a developing console is shown at E3 they had to plug and empty box up to last generation's console.
That is just plain pathetic. It would have been better not to show anything at all and just say it wasn't ready yet.

And ya kids at a forum. The kids did a little investigation now nintendo doesn't want to even comment. I think that this is important enough to bring up as well as the graphics. Fine, they said they don't want to compete graphics-wise. But for petes sake if your going to a tradeshow to show something have SOMEthing to SHOW.

4saken said:
They do not wish because they dont have the cash to be able to compete. The GC failed to bring in the capital to be able to keep up in that department, so they put their money towards controller innovation instead. Which is going to turn out to be one big Gimmick anyway. Its plan B for nintendo. Plan A would have been to keep competing with Sony and MS.

you really dont' know what you're talking about.. nintendo had and has loads of cash.. it has nothing to do with they can't afford things..

stop talking out of your ass..

Then if Nintendo has said the Wii is running off Gamecube hardware before, why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch over this? These 'kids' found out it was running off Cube hardware... Just like they said? That's bad!

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
you really dont' know what you're talking about.. nintendo had and has loads of cash.. it has nothing to do with they can't afford things..

stop talking out of your ass..

i heartily agree

some people believe anything they read....and this...this doesnt even affect anything
If ati dont have their chip ready then i would be really surprised, considering what it is going to be, and how long they have had.

4saken said:

That is bullshit at its best. Where do you get they have no money? Gamecube sold alot of units in both Japan and the U.S. Sure it wasnt that big, but still pretty big. The DS is big hit in Japan and even the US. Nintendo actually cares about its customers, and provide gameplay over graphics. The controller is not a fucking gimmick. Its a good concept. It opens up a whole new world on how you play games. Get your facts straight before you post something absurd like that. The pricepoint on the Wii will give it the leverage to "compete" with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo makes alot of there sales on the DS right now as it is hot item to get. Wii will come in and people see that, with still good looking graphics and that controller, people are going to get it.

Ok, fine your right. They are using wii kits but just with old hardware.
Fine I've calmed down now.........a bit.
If you look at sony......lets face it they had a poor showing. They have dev kits of course but no hardware ready at all. But they did have stuff showing but on prototype hardware.....modified PCs?
Couldn't have nintendo ran their stuff on prototype hardware just so we could see the potential visuals? Cause I heard the visuals runnin on the old gamecube were pretty bad. And E3 is all about the visuals and making an impression. So making the right impression should be the point.

So what if the display was a gamecube? the internals of the Wii will be similar to the gamecube the same way that the internals of a gamecube are to the Nintendo64. All of them are basically just specialized computers, with upgrades between models. They don't have to start over with rocks and sticks every time and reinvent the thing. What is most important is the games, and if they can make the gamecube run both the Wii controllers and it's games, then once the upgraded parts are in place then it can only be better. Lets not forget that the folks who played the games were genuenly impressed with the thing, so they should be that much more impressed once they get thier new video chipset.

This is no different that MS using Apple G4 development kits to demo Xbox 360 games or PS3 using PCs to show games and so on.

A big deal being made out of nothing...

...now if the controller was empty and someone behind a curtain was using a Wavebird to demo games :eek: that'd be a story (I made that up)

4saken said:
Nintendo made more $$ than MS or Sony from console/software sales. Go download their annual reports. Nintedo is selling the GC for $99 and still making a profit off the hardware.

Steve said:
This is no different that MS using Apple G4 development kits to demo Xbox 360 games or PS3 using PCs to show games and so on.

Exactly, but at least there using one of there own platforms.. unlike the unconfirmed rumors of ps3 games running on 360's :p

Lamont said:
Nintendo made more $$ than MS or Sony from console/software sales. Go download their annual reports. Nintedo is selling the GC for $99 and still making a profit off the hardware.

$99.00 now. But what about the prices for the old sony and ms hardware. They're down too aren't they?
But you made your point though. The debut price for the gamecube was still lower than the others I believe.

StalkerZER0 said:

I have a bridge to sell you. Give me your credit card numbers so I can get the ball rolling. If you're too young, gimme yer parents'.

The prices are down on both, and production has slowed, parts have been removed to cut costs... they have to be just about breaking even now.

StalkerZER0 said:
$99.00 now. But what about the prices for the old sony and ms hardware. They're down too aren't they?
But you made your point though. The debut price for the gamecube was still lower than the others I believe.

Its not just about sales, its about the size of the companies. Nintendo has pocket change compared to Sony and MS. In order to compete on the level sony and MS are at it would have been a Huge financial risk. So they opted for plan B. Why else wouldnt they have tried to get more horsepower in their next gen system? Dont say cuz they put allllll their R&D into the controllers, because it doesnt take 4 years to develop what they have developed. Its all existing technology.

Games division, Nintendo and Sony are about the same. MS is the smallest.

4saken said:
Its not just about sales, its about the size of the companies. Nintendo has pocket change compared to Sony and MS. In order to compete on the level sony and MS are at it would have been a Huge financial risk. So they opted for plan B. Why else wouldnt they have tried to get more horsepower in their next gen system? Dont say cuz they put allllll their R&D into the controllers, because it doesnt take 4 years to develop what they have developed. Its all existing technology.

I don't really buy that this a plan B. Nintendo is a game company, then make games and consols. M$ and Sony are huge corporations that wanted a piece of the gaming industry. The phylosophies of the companys are different to begin with. Nintend has to make a product that is profitable, while M$ and Sony expect to use thier products to push other very large products. All three will expect to sell the consols at less than they might otherwise, becasue they expect it to come back as games. Nintendo's other product however is it's games. For M$ it's Live, Windows, and the hopes of being a media hub in homes. For Sony, they are stuffing in a Blueray-DVD drive in anticipation for a big format war with HD-DVD. Both M$ and Sony have an unheathy excuse to keep pushing the philosophy that happiness can only come from high-def, becasue they both want a piece of the future of recorded entertainment.

Langford said:
I don't really buy that this a plan B. Nintendo is a game company, then make games and consols. M$ and Sony are huge corporations that wanted a piece of the gaming industry. The phylosophies of the companys are different to begin with. Nintend has to make a product that is profitable, while M$ and Sony expect to use thier products to push other very large products. All three will expect to sell the consols at less than they might otherwise, becasue they expect it to come back as games. Nintendo's other product however is it's games. For M$ it's Live, Windows, and the hopes of being a media hub in homes. For Sony, they are stuffing in a Blueray-DVD drive in anticipation for a big format war with HD-DVD. Both M$ and Sony have an unheathy excuse to keep pushing the philosophy that happiness can only come from high-def, becasue they both want a piece of the future of recorded entertainment.

It makes me happy :D

And as console sales will show, it ultimately makes many others happy too.

Lamont said:
Games division, Nintendo and Sony are about the same. MS is the smallest.

Im not talking games division. I am talking expendable cash to R&D for game systems.

the devkits at e3 06 were gamecube shells with updated hardware but not final.the gpu is still being finalized. the final hardware will have the cpu speed clocked around 1ghz.

oh my...

nintendo is a fraud... sarcasm involve

who care about graphics

4saken said:
They do not wish because they dont have the cash to be able to compete.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.... where do people come up with this shit? You have diahrea of the mouth son. Nintendo has more money than all of Sony's divisions COMBINED, movies, music, electronics, games... all of it, Nintendo is worth more.

Do some research for gods sakes :rolleyes:

Nintendo's stock is worth 4 times Sony's

CodeX said:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.... where do people come up with this shit? You have diahrea of the mouth son. Nintendo has more money than all of Sony's divisions COMBINED, movies, music, electronics, games... all of it, Nintendo is worth more.

nintendo make more money out of the gameboy advance and the ds than any other product sony sell

That'd be a little shady if this is true, but like Steve pointed out, certainly not an uncommon practice at E3.

The Inquirer, on the other hand, just lost all credibility with me. The Nintendo N-sider Wii forum is the most sensationalist, fan-boy infested, unreliable 12 year old and under spamfest I've ever encountered. Honestly, spend 5 minutes there, and you'll know what I'm talking about. Sourcing that forum (other than NOA posts, of course) is like sourcing a 3rd grader science report.

CodeX said:

I just have to correct one thing here, stock price is not the same as stock worth.

Nintendo's average price per stock for their 2005 fiscal year was $114 per share, with 141,669,000 shares outstanding. This comes to a market cap of a little over 16 Billion USD.

Sony's average sale price per share was about $40, with 926,418,280 shares outstanding. This comes to a market cap of $37 Billion USD.

these numbers were pulled from each company's financials.

JethroXP said:
If you are referring to last year's E3, Microsoft did no such thing. The demos were run from Dev Kits, but they were out in the open where everyone could see them, there was no attempt to conceal that or imply otherwise.

Nope, I'm refering to M$ using G4's to showcase 360 games.

Ok first of all the title of this thread looks like something you'd see on the front of a paparazzi magazine......kinda surprised it hasn't been locked

backflipper said:
I just have to correct one thing here, stock price is not the same as stock worth.

Nintendo's average price per stock for their 2005 fiscal year was $114 per share, with 141,669,000 shares outstanding. This comes to a market cap of a little over 16 Billion USD.

Sony's average sale price per share was about $40, with 926,418,280 shares outstanding. This comes to a market cap of $37 Billion USD.

these numbers were pulled from each company's financials.

I was looking at the Nikkei, which puts N at ~20,000 yen and Sony at ~5,000, but you are right about stock worth versus stock price, didn't think of that.

yeah seriously. not a big deal. I didnt really expect otherwise anyway.

choice 1, make new wii consoles for this one show.
or
choice 2, take your existing Gamecubes and use those instead.

the first choice doesn't make a whole lot of sense. and just because they didn't announce that they were doing that doesn't mean that they were hiding it. We've known the basic hardware link from cube to wii for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back