The Nintendo Switch 2 Thread

grifter_66

[H]ard|Gawd
Star Wars: Hunters- Official Cinematic Trailer

coming in 2022...

Just what we need, more trash multi-player games trying to cash in on a license. It's as if they haven't raped the star wars license enough they have to give Zynga a turn. I really hate modern gaming culture and fads.

Domingo

Fully [H]
Huh? Smash only has one more character incoming. Most people seem to think it'll be either Phoenix Wright or Dante, but only Nintendo (and people they issued an NDA to) know for sure.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
I don't play Smash. However, everyone knows it should be Hornet. :p

Hornet.gif

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
Here's a bigger reason switch 2 won't be next year:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/687059/nintendo-switch-unit-sales-worldwide/#:~:text=Global unit sales of Nintendo Switch console 2017-2020&text=Since its launch on March,over 65 million consoles worldwide.

Many places are still in supply shortages for christmas, like they can't make them fast enough. Why pay NVDA for a new model?

https://mynintendonews.com/2021/09/...-tools-from-nintendo-to-make-4k-switch-games/

I love being right :)

2023 and it will launch with the new Zelda. Book it.

Some of these outlets were saying a 4k switch was this year as well. I'll believe it when I see it, and of course get it. Will get the OLED one as well!

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
A big theory is that they intended to introduce a Switch with better hardware this year----but the chip shortages caused them to delay. But maybe they had already committed some OLED orders and orders for an upgraded dock (includes a wired network port) and whatever they did to improve the sound. So they went ahead and released the OLED switch with the current CPU/GPU.

And this is further supported from recent hardware teardowns of the OLED switch dock, which has hardware in it that can support 4K output.

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
A big theory is that they intended to introduce a Switch with better hardware this year----but the chip shortages caused them to delay. But maybe they had already committed some OLED orders and orders for an upgraded dock (includes a wired network port) and whatever they did to improve the sound. So they went ahead and released the OLED switch with the current CPU/GPU.

And this is further supported from recent hardware teardowns of the OLED switch dock, which has hardware in it that can support 4K output.
This all seems very rational, which is un-Nintendo like.