The Next iPhone Is Going to Be Unveiled Sept. 12

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Apple will be holding a product event on Sept. 12, where the company is expected to unveil the iPhone 8, new iPhone 7 and Apple Watch models, and a 4K Apple TV. Apple typically sells its new phones within a week or so of the announcement, so the company’s flagship may be in people’s hands as early as next month.

The iPhone 8 will reportedly feature a display that takes up almost the entire front of the device, using new OLED panels that are brighter and more colorful than previous screens. Rumor has it Apple has moved the fingerprint reader to the back of the phone but will also support facial recognition thanks to a new 3-D sensor on the front of the device. Rumors have suggested the most high-end iPhone 8 will start at $1,000.

Ridiculous.

Not if it's your only computer.

Which for a lot of people (especially worldwide) phones often are. Probably hard for most who hang out in forums like these to even conceptualize, but I assure you it's a thing.

Flip it around - toss out the price of many machines built by members of this forum to non-gamers or non-enthusiasts and they would probably use stronger language about our discretionary spending habits then you did about a phone :)

Not if it's your only computer.

Which for a lot of people (especially worldwide) phones often are. Probably hard for most who hang out in forums like these to even conceptualize, but I assure you it's a thing.

Flip it around - toss out the price of many machines built by members of this forum to non-gamers or non-enthusiasts and they would probably use stronger language about our discretionary spending habits then you did about a phone :)

Definitely agree to your points. It's just hard to fathom how much more expensive these things have become. Granted, the 1K is for the flagship model. I'm on the SE and don't plan to upgrade until it dies.

Reactions: DocNo
like this
not a big fan of the fingerprint sensor on the back. I will probably skip the 8 if it is so.

Please buy. My AAPL likes when people buy.
So, we think a few new phones, new Apple TV with 4K (although wouldn't be surprised if this is delayed - depends on if they have enough content lined up), maybe a watch, slimmer chance some kind of AR/Glasses. iGlasses.

I will never pay $1000 for a phone. Samsung just did the same thing with the Note 8. I hope you guys don't buy them either so they realize they are crazy.

I will never pay $1000 for a phone. Samsung just did the same thing with the Note 8. I hope you guys don't buy them either so they realize they are crazy.

Waiting for iPhone 8, Pixel 2 to be released and for all the reviews to be out. After that, I'll pick one and wait a few more months until the prices drop.

Waiting for iPhone 8, Pixel 2 to be released and for all the reviews to be out. After that, I'll pick one and wait a few more months until the prices drop.
Prices won't drop on those phones until the next versions are out in 2018.

My 6S+ is still holding strong. Much more so than past iterations of iphones. 2-3 years on older models was difficult - they were so slow, and improvements were worthwhile. Now, I feel phones are becoming like our PCs (unfortunately). They last much longer.

I'm thinking I'm going to hang onto this 6S+ for quite a while longer (no reason to upgrade). If you need a new phone, and the iphone 8 is to your liking, maybe $1000 isn't so bad if you get 5 years out of it...

Back