The Next Generation Atlas Robot

D

dceremuga

I swear that robot was ready to finish off the guy. Was it just me or did the eyes go red.... Nope, I couldn't do it.

spugm1r3

[H]ard|Gawd
I swear that robot was ready to finish off the guy. Was it just me or did the eyes go red.... Nope, I couldn't do it.

All it takes is one malcontented programmer. Now excuse me while I go trade my tin hat for one made of anti-robot.

SeymourGore

2[H]4U
They better have the tech to digitize my brain into one of these robots before I die. I, for one, would enjoy having an unstoppable robotic body.

nutzo

Supreme [H]ardness
This one is battery powered, so you can't disable it by pulling the plug.
Doesn't even help if you knock it over, as it can stand back up.

We're all going to die!

Dregan73

Limp Gawd
i wanna see the follow up video to where the robot beats his ass for pushing him over with a hocky stick

mrluckypants96

Limp Gawd
Just add an automatic rifle and we're all ready for the robot apocalypse!

Pretty cool that it can get back up if knocked down, if you ask me.

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
You could put a Big Rock on it and it would be screwed
Terminator comes to mind more so then the Dog versions...

HeadRusch

[H]ard|Gawd
Awe and Terror at the exact same time.

But I have to say, where are the SJW's talking about the abuse of this Robot?!?!! Clearly it's being exploited.......

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
Damn. These things keep improving. Cool, but creepy at the same time.

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
I wish a programmer would have put some voice in there for when someone tripped him, he'd pull out the Terminator "Fuck you, asshole." speech. :) That'd scare the crap out of me. "Hey, man. You're testing this today. Go knock him over so he falls down.". :)

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Lithium Ion batteries? No problem! One round to the battery pack and he'll blow-up.

mrluckypants96

Limp Gawd
Lithium Ion batteries? No problem! One round to the battery pack and he'll blow-up.

Robots in movies always seem more durable than they would be in real life. If robots did gain malicious sentience though, you'd think priority one would be to armor up the important bits.

TechLarry

Can't find the G Spot
It's still too steam punk, and walks like it's being given an enema.\

2:00. Robot takes stick from human and beats the shit out of him.

I would LOL

Spidey329

[H]F Junkie
Needs to be chrome.

You know, for weatherproofing, and totally not to be like a T800. :)

mcravenufo

Ravenufo's Macs
If I was out in the woods and saw that thing walking along, I think I would freak out. Then when the guy was messing with it and the package it was trying to pick up, I actually felt sorry for it. :confused:

Red Falcon

[H]F Junkie
This is seriously impressive technology, programming, and engineering.

1f33f8105294cf18a2ef6d08dce9eb73.jpg

I can't wait! :D

Spacy9

Scotch is my Lord and Savior
I was seriously waiting for the robot to attack the guy when he knocked the box out of his hand and poked him. I've apparently watched to many SciFi movies.

Last edited:

Pharacon

Limp Gawd
Say good by to your jobs warehouse pickers / truck loaders / fast food workers. That is just amazing how fast they are advancing.

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
Damn... I know Boston Dynamics have been doing a lot of cool stuff, but its so far been 'Today' stuff.... This thing is eerily 'Tomorrow' technology...

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
The gait is incredibly smooth, and walking through the snow, recovering from post-holing and slipping...damn. That is very, very impressive.

The only thing really holding this back, and a lot of the other "future" devices, is the battery density issue.