paged-
xr3da2011100702252619.jpg

xr3da2011100717514855.jpg

xr3da2011100717545479.jpg

xr3da2011100718090039.jpg

xr3da2011100718210449.jpg

xr3da2011100718220861.jpg

xr3da2011100718250586.jpg

Man, I remember the first time I experienced the comet in the middle of the night. The weird sounds and the way it blinds your NV almost made me crap my pants. Complete Mod FTW!

haha yess man, nothing like playing this game with the lights off, the AI is refreshingly unpredictable too. it makes it even more terrifying.

Nice rage screens pandora, though the shockingly low-res textures are apparent in alot of them.

looks gorgeous.

Why does my fraps have a black bar behind the fps and yours don't? you using a newer version?

One of the few things that keeps making think I might want to get BF3 is those awesome screens and vids of the jets.

Those rage screens look like complete shit.

Looks like they recycled Doom 3 textures.

Is your 580 watercooled, those are some low temps under load.

And rage does look like shit :(

Is your 580 watercooled, those are some low temps under load.

And rage does look like shit :(

I get a strong borderlands vibe from Rage. Not terrible but definitely not worth paying more then say 10$ to me...

Wow, so many amazing pictures here. Really a joy to watch. Thanks for posting everyone!

Last edited:
^^^^^ Dammit, why did you have to go and do that now? Now I have to play it again. Best. Game. Ever.

^

Those Mass Effect screenshots are absolutely gorgeous. Wow! I never played either Mass Effect 1 or 2, but I have a feeling I've been missing out on a lot.

===

A few pictures, they aren't high resolution but I hope I'm still allowed to post them. If not, my apologies.

Game: Doom 3 and Doom 3 resurrection of Evil with Sikkmod 1.2/Wulfsen and Monoxead's textures.

Sikkmod 1.2 enhances Doom 3 in every way and really breathes new life into this game. It offers settings like Bloom, Colorgrading, DOF, SSAO, Motion Blur, Soft Shadows, etc. But most of them come at a heavy price. All settings enabled slows down my GTX 560 to 8-9 fps at 1280x1024 without any AA.

If you're interested in the mod, all the links are available from this page, as well as more information.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/doom-3-sikkmod-v1-2--graphics-/1246120

===

Settings: 1280x1024 - all Sikkmod's options disabled except Colorgrading - 4xAA + 4x Supersampling - 16x AF.

The framerates in the screenshots below are varying from 30-45 fps. Memory use maxed out around 1500 MB, way more than my GTX 560 can handle. (1 GB) But except for some brief pauses (mainly when a door opens) it's still playable. Your videocard will definitely shine with his mod + texture packs if it has more than 1 GB of memory.

doom320111016221509658.jpg

doom320111017115755720.jpg

doom320111016221555415.jpg

doom320111016220519423.jpg

doom320111016220436132.jpg

doom320111016220936298.jpg

Last edited:
^ looks better than RAGE lol

Thanks for the comment.

I haven't played Rage yet but I have to admit I'm a bit hesitant to buy the game. I read about some of the problems as well as positive and negative opinions from the members of this forum here.

A few more screenshots. (1280x1024) For some reason I just can't get enough of those lighting effects. It must be really awesome when playing at higher resolutions.

doom320111017105526936.jpg

doom320111017115829032.jpg

doom320111017115833058.jpg

doom320111016220931141.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, those aren't exactly "super high resolution"

Lol lightning effects?
Everything is dark as shit, and the models do seem a tad blurry.

By the way which one is harder on the performance, the full Sikk-mod or the Wulfens textures? I'm thinking of only using the textures.

Why so blurry and resized pictures? ^

Yeah, those aren't exactly "super high resolution"

I was afraid of that. I can only game at 1280x1024. Is there any way to make these pictures bigger?
EDIT: I re-uploaded the screenshots. I realize they're still low-resolution, but are they now a bit more acceptable?

Lol lightning effects?
Everything is dark as shit, and the models do seem a tad blurry.

That's probably because of the 4x Supersampling. On higher resolutions it would look much better.

By the way which one is harder on the performance, the full Sikk-mod or the Wulfens textures? I'm thinking of only using the textures.

I think Sikkmod will have the biggest impact on performance. Some options like SSAO or Soft Shadows cut your framerate in half at the very least. Wulfens textures will have less impact, unless you want to use Parallax Mapping with these textures. (I couldn't get this to work on my computer)

From personal experience I would recommend using Sikkmod and Wulfens/Monoxead's textures together. Even with all Sikkmod's graphics options disabled it still gives you a lot of options to improve gameplay.

All the screenshots were taken with all Sikkmod graphic options disabled, except Colorgrading which doesn't take a framerate hit.

Last edited:
Man just looking at this screenshots are making me want to build a quality gaming rig.

I haven't used Wulfens textures, but I've played through about 75% of the game using Sikkmod. I feel like it requires a little bit of tweaking to get it looking spot-on. A lot of the new effects are great, but a little over the top, so I scale them back just a touch. Softshadows kill performance, even on a pretty nice card, so that's the only option that I fully turn off.

Also, just a side note/warning, he made the enemies take an unbelievable amount of damage. I was all for a bit more of a challenge, but it made the guns feel weak, and kind of took away from being a "badass space marine with big guns" sort of appeal. I went in, tweaked the scripts/defs for bullet mass, knockback, and things like this to give the weapons a bit more power, but also to make their effects a bit more noticeable.

The game looks really nice with this mod after a touch of tweaking. Oh, and if you're running AMD, disable CatAI in the XML file for the driver. On a related note, if you do this, and play RAGE, (and have the latest Rage patch installed,) then you'll need to re-enable CatAI before playing RAGE. I hope this will be fixed at some point, but since the game came out in 03(ish) I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a little script to copy a second XML file over the first to toggle CatAI on and off is in order. :)

Any mods going on that?

Just reinstalled SoC + complete to do a second playthrough.

Edit: NM, just saw from the other thread that you have complete installed.

Back