The new phone book is here, the new phonebook is here

For Nathan, having his name in the phonebook=he was somebody, he actually mattered

getting a gpu at msrp/winning=actually mattering

Lucky!

I wanted a 3090 but settled on a scalped PS5 reee

Just go find a copy of "The Jerk" someplace. It is pretty ridiculous and no way could he make that movie today...

"I was raised a poor black child."

"This music, it speaks to me!"
One of my all time favorite movies. Blazing saddles is top of chart. Martins opening line"I was born a poor black child." There would be a lynch mob awaiting him today for such blasphemy.

I'm Somebody!

My shuffle "win" arrived today. It's a Jerk moment.
Ha!!! Good one.I’m well over 40 and that movie is one of my favorites. Didn’t think of it at the time but about a month ago I had my own Jerk moment when I won the shuffle for a Gigabyte 3080ti on my 3rd or 4th entry. At the time I debated if I should pull the trigger since it was bundled with a Z590 MB That I really didn’t want. Glad I did though since even the unbundled 3080ti’s they’ve got in the shuffle now seem to be going for about 3 or 4 hundred more than what I paid for the bundle. Will probably sell the Z590 for what I can get for it when I get around to it. Now the only thing I’ve got to decide is if I should sell my old Titan X (Pascal) or just keep it as a spare since it’s the only other video card that I’ve got.

Ha!!! Good one.I’m well over 40 and that movie is one of my favorites. Didn’t think of it at the time but about a month ago I had my own Jerk moment when I won the shuffle for a Gigabyte 3080ti on my 3rd or 4th entry. At the time I debated if I should pull the trigger since it was bundled with a Z590 MB That I really didn’t want. Glad I did though since even the unbundled 3080ti’s they’ve got in the shuffle now seem to be going for about 3 or 4 hundred more than what I paid for the bundle. Will probably sell the Z590 for what I can get for it when I get around to it. Now the only thing I’ve got to decide is if I should sell my old Titan X (Pascal) or just keep it as a spare since it’s the only other video card that I’ve got.
I had to get a Z590 as well. I have the same conundrum.

I had to get a Z590 as well. I have the same conundrum.
Yup, still pretty satisfied as the cost of the bundle was only about $250 more than I paid for the Titan. Only really ran 3DMark for a benchmark but the performance seems to be about double of my old system. Started out thinking I’d only get a new MB, processor and 3080 series video card if I could find one for a reasonable price but ended up buying a better case new ram and d also went from and old enermax 1000w semi modular power supply to an Evga 1300w fully modular. Spent more than I wanted to but ended up with a pretty good system that’ll probably last me for a number of years. I think I put the old system together around 2015. Probably could have run it for a few more years but started getting the upgrade itch when the 5900x was released. Now to just get rid of the z590 and decide what to do with my TitanXp. Would be nice to sell the Titan to offset the cost of the 3080ti but might hang on to it for a spare for a while as insurance.

One of my all time favorite movies. Blazing saddles is top of chart. Martins opening line"I was born a poor black child." There would be a lynch mob awaiting him today for such blasphemy.

There would be a lynch mob awaiting Brooks these days for Blazing Saddles too.

Mel Brooks made some funny stuff. Spaceballs, Robin Hood Men in Tights, History of the World Part 1....

All you need is your graphics card and your thermos...
and this paddle game.

Oh, and Patty is going to get me a second job, she is going to get me a blowjob.

Those that raised your hand not knowing about the Jerk, you are missing out. I seriously feel like watching it tonight.

and this paddle game.

Oh, and Patty is going to get me a second job, she is going to get me a blowjob.

Those that raised your hand not knowing about the Jerk, you are missing out. I seriously feel like watching it tonight.
Its a funny movie. Steve Martin also has a book called "Cruel Shoes" Highly recommended.

So tonight, my wife unknowing of this conversation pulled up the Martin and Short thing on Netflix and turned it on. It is pretty funny.

Back