The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

CrAzYsPyDeR said:
you only can do 1 step up ;)

I wasn't talking about doing more than 1 step-up. If I'm still in the queue for 2 7950's when the G80's come out, I'll jump to that queue instead.

4.jpg

8.jpg

80 watt TEC cooled. :)

IMG_0120.jpg

Another shot of mine that I just pulled from the digital camera, forgot it was there. Plus it is more recent. :D

This is an old pic, I have since sold one of my cards since SLI was not needed at the time. I will go back to sli once the G80 refresh is upon us

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1531web.jpg

DSCN1530web.jpg

updates of my system.. I now have a pair of 8800GTX cards and could not be happier with them.. one is an Asus and one is an eVGA.. the decals on the Asus card came from a RC car decal set I bought on towerhobbies or hobbytron..

N680i8.jpg

the I normally run with a fan slot blower between gpu0 and the X-Fi which really improves temps on that card.. I have also ditched the 80mm fan propped on my pcu and added two Antec SpotCool fans pushing air in from the side all over the video card "area". The TJ09's center 120mm fan vent is very nice for getting fresh air from the outside of the case right into there the cards are.. I sort of miss the old BTX config from the lili v1000b tho.. having the cards right side up seems better for cooling.. the cards seem to run a couple degrees warmer in ATX config no matter how much air I get on them.. might be time for water. :)

TJ09-1.jpg

Is that sticker to keep heat in? :D

I think it keeps the magic smoke that all computer parts run on from escaping from the inside of that chip. I am sure that sticker won't let it escape. Let the magic smoke out at your own peril.

Hey, you think he has any more of those stickers? Maybe I should use one with my copper forest from the card in my sig:

gpu-closeup.jpg

:D

^ damn, gimme one of your GTX280s!
Oh wait PSU cant handle it & wont fit in my small case anyways.

Back