The new mouse from Rude, looks good.

Dude that thing looks freakin sweet. I've been needing a new one and that one looks exactly like what I'm lookin for :D

Nice, though I hate glossy plastic on my mice. I also like having thumb access to a dpi toggle for fps games which not many mice have atm.

This mouse is a joke, it should be marked as " casual gaming mouse " or something.

1) laser, optical > laser every serious gamer knows that 2) adjustable weights while still weighing above 100g without any of them installed :S 3) 5000dpi who can UTILISE properly more than 800 really ? http://phoon.us/mouse 4) gay glossy finish, rubber finish >>>> glossy finish anyday 5) 1000hz by default, i would rather have 500, 1000hz is proven to be problematic in many setups, not to mention you never get a 100% stable polling rate according to mouserate.exe

Do not think I'd ever want that mouse, but to each his own.

5000dpi who can UTILISE properly more than 800 really?
I use 2600 as my default, 800 is just too slow for me, that's my "sniper" speed. Even then I have 1500 between the two. After 2600 I occasionally switch to 3800 and once in a blue moon, 5000 if a game I am playing is retarded with mouse movements or it helps me aim slow moving objects faster (gun turrets/tank turrets in Bad Company 2).

I can't imagine anyone sticking to 800 o_O

Utilise over 800dpi? Um...gamers? I'm on 3000 default, 800 sniper and 4800 when I'm in a tank in BC2.

High dpi is only useful if you have low FOV high resolution width AND you want you play on a medium-high sensitivity at the same time, btw sensitivities should always be measured by taking into account the distance you need to cover with your mouse from left to right in order to do a full 360 turn, (provided you don't have any positive or negative accel, just perfect 1:1 response )

So if you play at 1920 res with a fov around 90 degrees and you want to play with a sensitivity as high as 15cm/360 then yes, you definately need more than 800dpi, ( too bad phoon's site is down atm so you can't see exactly what i mean ) in ANY other circustances all you have to do is increase the mouse sensitivity slider from the game options, your crosshair will NOT skip pixels or anything , unless you're that ignorant/clueless to use above 6/11pointer speed in control panel -> mouse. ( games with raw input enabled don't take into account these settings anyway )

There's no point of using 1600dpi 0.75 sens instead of just using 400dpi 3.0 sens, your mouse will NOT feel smoother or anything, that's pure placebo, unless you game at 5140 res, then yes, according to phoon's calculator you will need more than 400dpi, even for such a low sens due to the large res and fov ( 400dpi 3.0 sens is about 38cm/360 last time i measured it in my setup ) so you can ensure that your mouse won't skip any pixels. Even if that is the case, and you actually play at 5140 you have to make sure first that the game you're playing supports raw input or atleast direct input, or else you'll get massive amounts of negative acceleration http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee418864(v=vs.85).aspx

Bottom line : there other much more important things that can affect your aim like shape, sensor position, grip, polling rate ( regular 125hz just doesn't cut it ) and most importantly, glide and weight, companies have successfully made the average gamer to believe that higher dpi automatically means higher pointer accuracy, just like all those ppl who think that a high MP count in a freaking cell phone camera automatically means that you can take high quality photos.

About bc2 : you can easily adjust infantry air and vehicle sensitivities individually AND remove mouse smoothing at the same time by using this guide http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/1011843.page#6097925 I have used it myself and i never had any trouble turning the APC turret fast enough while still using a 400dpi mouse at the same time.

Last edited:
About bc2 : you can easily adjust infantry air and vehicle sensitivities individually AND remove mouse smoothing at the same time by using this guide http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/1011843.page#6097925 I have used it myself and i never had any trouble turning the APC turret fast enough while still using a 400dpi mouse at the same time.
Wow, thank you, I am implementing this now...

I also agree on the varying factors that effect ones mouse use, I know I went through a number until I was happy with a mouse.

This mouse is a joke, it should be marked as " casual gaming mouse " or something.

1) laser, optical > laser every serious gamer knows that 2) adjustable weights while still weighing above 100g without any of them installed :S 3) 5000dpi who can UTILISE properly more than 800 really ? http://phoon.us/mouse 4) gay glossy finish, rubber finish >>>> glossy finish anyday 5) 1000hz by default, i would rather have 500, 1000hz is proven to be problematic in many setups, not to mention you never get a 100% stable polling rate according to mouserate.exe

Everyone has their opinion on what is better, but I must point out that a couple of yours are actually conflicting in reason. I for one was very pleased with Rude's first mouse. Nothing special but its solid, and the housing is the same as what Mionix, Qpad, Steelseries use and charge up to 2x as much for... for what?

FWIW, "laser>optical" is nothing more than marketing. IRL they are both just as capable. In the past the reason for laser was for higher dpi that optical didn't have. If you can get 5000dpi with optical, laser becomes a mute point. It is ironic that you say laser is better, yet the benefit and reason for laser (higher dpi) is something you say you dont like and wouldn't use anyways. :rolleyes:

My favorite mouse ATM is the Sharkoon Fireglider which is glossy all over with a textured rubber thumb pad. I actually like the glossy finish better than the textured or rubbery.

Polling rate isn't fixed at 1000Hz... you CAN turn it down. I use 250 or 500 most of the time even when 1000 is available. Whatever, its up to you. Its like complaining that your TV gets PBS.... well, guess what, there are other channels you can pick from.

Everyone has their opinion on what is better, but I must point out that a couple of yours are actually conflicting in reason. I for one was very pleased with Rude's first mouse. Nothing special but its solid, and the housing is the same as what Mionix, Qpad, Steelseries use and charge up to 2x as much for... for what?

FWIW, "laser>optical" is nothing more than marketing. IRL they are both just as capable. In the past the reason for laser was for higher dpi that optical didn't have. If you can get 5000dpi with optical, laser becomes a mute point. It is ironic that you say laser is better, yet the benefit and reason for laser (higher dpi) is something you say you dont like and wouldn't use anyways. :rolleyes:

My favorite mouse ATM is the Sharkoon Fireglider which is glossy all over with a textured rubber thumb pad. I actually like the glossy finish better than the textured or rubbery.

Polling rate isn't fixed at 1000Hz... you CAN turn it down. I use 250 or 500 most of the time even when 1000 is available. Whatever, its up to you. Its like complaining that your TV gets PBS.... well, guess what, there are other channels you can pick from.

I agree that there are much more expensive mice.

I wrote optical > laser not laser > optical, laser sensors like avago 9500 are much more sensitive to small particles, ask xai users who play on clothpads, they have to occasionally wipe the dirt off their clothpad and the lens of the mouse, also you won't EVER get 1:1 response from them if you play low sens, they're very picky on mousepads, logitech says that you can get 4m/s only in specific surfaces ( and terrible skipping on popular clothpads like qck+ etc ), steelseries insists that their xai works best on 9HD, many shooter fans play on clothpads so laser sensors are a no go for these ppl until they manage to improve them.

Of course someone ppl prefer glossy, but not me :p

About the polling rate, if you can make it go 500hz without drivers fine, ( zowie ec has that neat feature, all you have to do is keep mouse4 pressed ) if you need drivers or a modified usbport.sys to lower the stock 1ms polling rate then it's not acceptable for me.

Umm I use 4600 dpi on my Razer Mamba.

1) laser, optical > laser every serious gamer knows that

I disagree. This is a trap that people fall into when they hear that their gaming idols still use IME 3.0s from 10 years ago. Every sensor has its problems, but people tend to look past those problems if they hear that enough people on a sponsored pro gaming team are using them. People will find what works for them.

Back