The new Microsoft Edge Browser is out of Preview and now Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
Please delete if re-post, but this could be interesting. Wonder how it compares to Chrome.

"Now that we've reached this milestone, you might be wondering what to expect on your PC. To get the new Microsoft Edge you have two choices: you can either manually download it today, or if you are a general consumer user, you can wait for it to be automatically released to your device via Windows Update. When you do make the switch, your favorites, passwords, form fill information and basic settings will carry over to the new Microsoft Edge without you having to do anything. You can read more about our rollout plans here.

If you're an IT administrator, you will need to download an offline deployment package to pilot within your corporate environment—the new Microsoft Edge will not automatically deploy for commercial customers. Additionally, none of the Microsoft Edge preview channels will update to the new Microsoft Edge, as they can be used side-by-side for testing and validation.

We also know that deploying a new browser isn't just "flipping a switch," so we want to make the process as easy as possible. In addition to simplifying deployment with tools like Intune and Configuration Manager, we are committed to helping your organization transition to the new Microsoft Edge. At Ignite we announced FastTrack and App Assure support for Microsoft Edge. FastTrack will help you deploy Microsoft Edge to your organization at no extra charge if you are a customer with an eligible subscription to Microsoft 365, Azure, or Dynamics 365. And if your sites are compatible on Internet Explorer 8 and above, Google Chrome, or legacy Microsoft Edge, then they'll work on the new Microsoft Edge. If not, contact App Assure and we'll help you fix it."

agIsFggasCyphTvY.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/262986/...out-of-preview-and-now-available-for-download

I liked it a lot better than chrome in the preview, seemed a lot less of a resource hog.

Reactions: erek
like this
I guess I will dare to do this too..... Don't mean I will use it anymore than I have in the past though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back