The New iPhone is Just Worse

HardOCP News

[H] News
This video is pretty damn funny but pretty NSFW because of a serious of f-bombs. Other than that, this video is definitely worth the three minutes to watch. ;)

Lmao.

The Tim Cook bits were meh but the guy doing the Ive impression got his accent and speech cadence spot on.

Lmao.

The Tim Cook bits were meh but the guy doing the Ive impression got his accent and speech cadence spot on.

I know Industrial Designer Douche Bag Cock Baskets like Little Johnny Ive. They are all fucking assholes, right down to the way they talk like condescending above-it-all asshats who view anyone who isn't a part of their special ID as lesser beings beneath them. They believe in their own bullshit. They could literally take a shit, stick a Mai Tai umbrella in it afterwards and call it the next greatest design in aesthetic tableware. They believe their shit doesn't stink and their sycophants walk around holding their shriveled balls up with a gold plate.

If none of you reading what I said above don't believe me, then BEHOLD!!! The pretentious douche nozzle himself. Listen to that effete british faggotry assaulting you with what an utter peon you are simply be being within the sound of his voice. Fucking asshole.

I can't tell if they auto-tuned him or what, but Ive sounds like a synth voice to me in that commercial. I half expected him to offer me a free vacation to the Bahamas in exchange for all my personal information.

If none of you reading what I said above don't believe me, then BEHOLD!!! The pretentious douche nozzle himself. Listen to that effete british faggotry assaulting you with what an utter peon you are simply be being within the sound of his voice. Fucking asshole.

Dude, you've got issues. There's really nothing offensive or condescending about that video (at least not in the first half with Ive).

I don't know what htey're htinking, other than that htey may be able to sell more accessories. The rumor was the headphone jack would make it thinner, but as I recall, the new one is slightly thicker. I think a lot of people are going to wait till next year if they have a 6. I think I'm eligible for an upgrade from Sprint and even at almost free, I wouldn't get it. Also, I read that they no longer have a universal phone that works on all networks. CDMA and GSM are now separate. If true, that's a huge downgrade for travelers as well as people that might want to switch carriers.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Apple - We will change whatever we want and YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Apple sheeple - Okie Dokie.. We love it. TAKE OUR MONEY NOW!

Microsoft - We will change whatever we want and YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Windows users - RAGE Change! it! back! to! the! way! it! was! RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

Dude, you've got issues. There's really nothing offensive or condescending about that video (at least not in the first half with Ive).

He sounds really stuck up in that video. Kind of like Simon Cowell on American Idol or any other show he is on for that matter.

The expressions on his face show a guy who clearly thinks down on the people who purchase products he designs.

The gist I got was:

I changed all this stuff because I think it is better, and thus is better.

He sounds really stuck up in that video. Kind of like Simon Cowell on American Idol or any other show he is on for that matter.

The expressions on his face show a guy who clearly thinks down on the people who purchase products he designs.

The gist I got was:

I changed all this stuff because I think it is better, and thus is better.
I got it's hard to make a simple and effective UI. And he's right. I don't think Apple is perfect by any means and complexity does lend itself to flexibility, but you're hearing something that I don't hear. And I had no opinion going in, since i don't think I've seen/heard this guy more than once before this.

Regardless, I don't think the headphone change was an improvement.

You hate this so much it made you watch a whole 7 minutes video? I hate this strong I call love.

I know a few serious Apple fan boys. One might have a tattoo of Steve Jobs in a very private place - I'm talking get out the lube and pleasure yourself when Tim Cook/Jonny Ives/Phil Schiller speak.
No one, and I'm talking about people that used to camp out to buy the next Apple product, like the iPhone 7. If we had some investor balls, I think we might be able to short Apple stock here soon. This is going to be ugly for Apple stock.
Normally, the press gives Apple a free ride and talks about how great the new iPhone is. I'm not seeing much of that this year. Instead, I'm reading about how the Samsung Note 7 (minus the fire hazard) is a much more innovative design. Has anyone patted ol' "courageous" Phil on the back for getting rid of a 3.5" headphone jack? I guess it could be out there, but I sure haven't seen it.
One of my daughters is 9. She has an iPad. She asked me how can people listen to music when the device is charging if you get rid of the headphone jack? I told her how Apple said you have to buy a special dock/adapter to do this. Her response was Apple was stupid - they just want to make more money from people. I love when kids give honest comments like that!

I know a few serious Apple fan boys. One might have a tattoo of Steve Jobs in a very private place - I'm talking get out the lube and pleasure yourself when Tim Cook/Jonny Ives/Phil Schiller speak.
No one, and I'm talking about people that used to camp out to buy the next Apple product, like the iPhone 7. If we had some investor balls, I think we might be able to short Apple stock here soon. This is going to be ugly for Apple stock.
Normally, the press gives Apple a free ride and talks about how great the new iPhone is. I'm not seeing much of that this year. Instead, I'm reading about how the Samsung Note 7 (minus the fire hazard) is a much more innovative design. Has anyone patted ol' "courageous" Phil on the back for getting rid of a 3.5" headphone jack? I guess it could be out there, but I sure haven't seen it.
One of my daughters is 9. She has an iPad. She asked me how can people listen to music when the device is charging if you get rid of the headphone jack? I told her how Apple said you have to buy a special dock/adapter to do this. Her response was Apple was stupid - they just want to make more money from people. I love when kids give honest comments like that!

I guess all the preorders just on this forum are by people who don't want the iPhone 7. If you're so confident, why don't you short Apple?

Apple wasn't the first to do this mistake. Anyone remember ExtUSB from HTC? You would have had it if you owned the first Android device the G1. Same shit, except from like 2008.

extusb-blame-apple.jpg

I know a guy who ordered this phone except he works at Walmart as a stocker..... Plus he owns the I-Phone 6.

I guess that this phone comes with a Mario Game pre installed.

Looks like the number 7 isn't good for either Apple or Samsung.

I just don't know wtf Apple was thinking here. So much money and engineering to REMOVE a legacy, staple feature that every device ever designed by mankind has always had. Really. WTF Apple.

I guess Jobs really was the Rudder that steered the ship because it has most certainly been off course since he passed.

I still hate android, but I want to go to an iPhone a little less now.

I don't know what htey're htinking, other than that htey may be able to sell more accessories. The rumor was the headphone jack would make it thinner, but as I recall, the new one is slightly thicker. I think a lot of people are going to wait till next year if they have a 6. I think I'm eligible for an upgrade from Sprint and even at almost free, I wouldn't get it. Also, I read that they no longer have a universal phone that works on all networks. CDMA and GSM are now separate. If true, that's a huge downgrade for travelers as well as people that might want to switch carriers.

Just because you free up space inside doesn't mean the device gets thinner, it simply means it can be used for additional battery or something else. And you always had to be careful which model to buy for the best radio configuration. The unlocked model has generally been safest, though it comes later. It'll be no different this year. I think you can get the same hardware now by buying the Verizon model, but you need a legit V account to order it. But then you can put whatever SIM in there you wish.

I don't personally mind, as I've never plugged anything into my headphone jack. The adapters never bothered me for notebooks, as I'd just leave it permanently attached to whatever cable is was needed for. To each his own I guess.

That is hard to watch.

All we need now is a video of someone setting an Apple iPhone 7 on fire with a Samsung Note 7.

Just because you free up space inside doesn't mean the device gets thinner, it simply means it can be used for additional battery or something else. And you always had to be careful which model to buy for the best radio configuration. The unlocked model has generally been safest, though it comes later. It'll be no different this year. I think you can get the same hardware now by buying the Verizon model, but you need a legit V account to order it. But then you can put whatever SIM in there you wish.

I don't personally mind, as I've never plugged anything into my headphone jack. The adapters never bothered me for notebooks, as I'd just leave it permanently attached to whatever cable is was needed for. To each his own I guess.
Nope. All carriers sold phones with both GSM and CDMA radios in them, but they didn't all hae support for all bands. Sprint's 6 was universal and I believe AT&T's was last year (though I believe all the U.S. models supported all carriers, but only AT&T had a few bands that were only used by AT&T and of limited use even on their network from what I read).

Apple wasn't the first to do this mistake. Anyone remember ExtUSB from HTC? You would have had it if you owned the first Android device the G1. Same shit, except from like 2008.

extusb-blame-apple.jpg
Yes, but the difference, IMO, is that there really wasn't enough storage in the HTC device to be a DAP replacement. The iPhone is. That said, it was a bad idea then and it's a bad idea now #formerHTCTouchOwner

Funny that with all the negative Samsung news out there, like a 6 year old boy being badly burnt by a Note 7, that H (Steve in particular) has not been posting sarcastic news stories regarding Samsung... Very strange indeed. :meh:

Took lot of courage from Apple to do it 8 years later. HTC had no courage.

:)

Oh dear... Some of these people are voting, too. :eek: I am sure they will vote for someone different...

Last edited:
Funny that with all the negative Samsung news out there, like a 6 year old boy being badly burnt by a Note 7, that H (Steve in particular) has not been posting sarcastic news stories regarding Samsung... Very strange indeed. :meh:

Contractual obligations.....

Oh dear... Some of these people are voting, too. :eek: I am sure they will vote for someone different...

Some people you get on the spot with a camera in their face, they'll say anything (I'm gonna be on TV? Yes, I love the new Apple iPhone 7 mobile phone from Verizon Wireless corporation!). Plus, these were the cream of the crop that actually fell for it. I wonder how many they cut because they weren't that bad...

I know a guy who ordered this phone except he works at Walmart as a stocker..... Plus he owns the I-Phone 6.

I guess that this phone comes with a Mario Game pre installed.
Once again, excellent input to the thread.

The people laughing at Apple about the removal of the 3.5mm jack are the same ones that laughed at removing the CD/DVD drive from laptops. Now look at any major OEM's ultrabooks...evidently most people don't need it after all! Personally, I'd rather have wireless charging just because the Lightning cords degrade so much.

The people laughing at Apple about the removal of the 3.5mm jack are the same ones that laughed at removing the CD/DVD drive from laptops. Now look at any major OEM's ultrabooks...evidently most people don't need it after all!

This was brought up in a different thread already, but a large number of laptops actually do still come with optical drives. Ultrabooks and otherwise of course don't, because they can't physically fit. But there is still a need, especially in the business sector. Not all users need it but if they do, they can either buy an up-to-date laptop that does, or a USB optical drive. For the iPhone I guess if you don't like it, you can buy last year's model...or a different brand of phone.

This was brought up in a different thread already, but a large number of laptops actually do still come with optical drives. Ultrabooks and otherwise of course don't, because they can't physically fit. But there is still a need, especially in the business sector. Not all users need it but if they do, they can either buy an up-to-date laptop that does, or a USB optical drive. For the iPhone I guess if you don't like it, you can buy last year's model...or a different brand of phone.

Yes I understand where you're coming from, as plenty of companies still use tape drives/floppies and serial ports, but as a college student, I've never once seen CDs, or even DVDs used since I've started. For me, Google Drive has recently become my preferred method for group collaboration, eliminating the need for USB drives even.

So how much longer should we be using the 3.5mm port? 5 more years? 10 more years? Just because things have always been a certain way shouldn't stop progression towards smaller, lighter, and faster.

Yes I understand where you're coming from, as plenty of companies still use tape drives/floppies and serial ports, but as a college student, I've never once seen CDs, or even DVDs used since I've started. For me, Google Drive has recently become my preferred method for group collaboration, eliminating the need for USB drives even.

So how much longer should we be using the 3.5mm port? 5 more years? 10 more years? Just because things have always been a certain way shouldn't stop progression towards smaller, lighter, and faster.

Personally, I would say until Bluetooth or other wireless audio devices reach parity with wired in both audio quality and price, it should probably be there. But I guess it depends on who you talk to, that is my personal opinion.

Back to the optical drive thing, USB flash media became cheap enough to replace optical media for the most part, as well as digital distribution and bandwidth becoming great enough in general. So optical media doesn't make sense in a lot of cases now, except for legacy programs where only physical media is available (happens a fair amount).

The people laughing at Apple about the removal of the 3.5mm jack are the same ones that laughed at removing the CD/DVD drive from laptops. Now look at any major OEM's ultrabooks...evidently most people don't need it after all! Personally, I'd rather have wireless charging just because the Lightning cords degrade so much.
That's great if they had wireless charging, but they don't. This is a loss for consumers with no noticeable benefit. I don't have any desire to use Bluetooth headphones. The sound of bluetooth, IMO, has always been underwhelming at best and deplorable on average.

The analogy between optical disc drives and the 3.5mm audio jack is extremely flimsy.

Replacing a universal digital medium with a more efficient and convenient universal digital medium, capable of delivering identical content bit-for-bit, makes sense.

Replacing an analog medium that's been the universal standard for 50 years with a proprietary, closed digital medium is a whole different beast. It doesn't really speak to convenience at all. At best, it frees up a small amount of extra space when designing the phone. Regardless, it reduces your options for simultaneous connectivity (e.g., charging while listening to music, attaching external media while listening to music, etc.).

I don't get bluetooth headphones anyway. Never mind the audio quality and those things getting lost, but also who the hell wants to keep charging yet another device and keeping track of it's consumption? Not to mention the batteries in them don't even last that long, I mean the ones they're marketing for this one, 5 freaking hours??? I would barely be able to finish my evening hikes in the woods in one charge, if even that.

Back