The New IBM zEnterprise System

HardOCP News

[H] News
The demands of your customers, partners, employees – and the demand of a fast moving market – are stretching the limits of enterprise data centers today. Add to this the new challenges data centers face as they invest in the next generation of smart applications and it is clear we need something new. We need smarter systems. Systems that raise the bar on efficiency, performance and cost savings while lowering management complexity. Introducing the IBM® zEnterprise™ System (zEnterprise).

STEVE.. need to put a warning on that video!! Those shockingly bright moving colored squares were murder on my morning eyes!!
horrorexpress.jpg

Too much marketing bull and not enough "This is what it does".

heheh, yeah, it looks like they hit the IT buzzword and catchphrase generator in order to create a paragraph. Notable phrases include:

"fast moving market"
"new challenges"
"raise the bar"
"cost savings"
"invest in the next generation of"

Surprisingly the word "innovative solutions" wasn't used this time though.

the scary part is that was exactly like the intro to all those futuristic movies where robots takes over...

then of course I look at the System zEnterprise and then look at this little System i7.1 we just ordered for the small business I work for and now I feel insignificant... Would love to work with some Mainframe tech one of these days....

zEnterprise. Because iEnterprise just doesn't cut it anymore.

What a crappy promotion.

They could have saved money and "recycled". At least in that commercial they had the guts to show real computer screens. Same product market, different era.

What gets me is the potential buyers for this product usually are not impressed by CGI and catchphrases.

Fail.

As a matter of fact they would have done better with this type of jargon. ;)

I'm in the biz and while I'd already been briefed under NDA was looking forward to the full GA announcement presentation. OMG, that was the worst EVER - and that's saying a lot if you've had to endure as many of these IBM announcements as I have over the years. Truly abysmal.

However, if there's anybody that's actually interested in the technology they did release a draft redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg247833.html?Open which is freely available for download.

I couldn't stand the video, someone already said it, and i'll say it again, this video is made up of horrible marketing BS.

I love the 5x figure... 5x what? What was the original value?? They could have said 10x and no one would have known the difference.

Back