The new EVGA Precision fixed my bottleneck? Sort of....

thesecond

[H]ard|Gawd
So this solved my "bottleneck" problem.

Basically, in bf3, at my settings, i was getting 70 fps averages and 85% usage averages using the 295 drivers and the old precision. Even when I turned down the settings, I'd keep the same 70fps averages and low GPU usage averages. My goal has always been near 120fps averages so i can make full use of my screen, but no matter what i did i could not break the 70's average barrier.

I assumed that since my gpu usage wasn't full, it had to be CPU limited.

Fast forward to today. Just installed the 301 drivers and I'm having stupid issues with it. GPU1 was showing 55% usage, and GPU2 was showing 99% usage. So I figure, what the hell, I'll download the new precision, assuming that the old one was conflicting with the new drivers.
So I get it installed, I'm a little frustrated that I cannot see both GPU's usage graphs at the bottom, but whatever.

Once its working, I went to the frame-rate target thing and jack it to the full 120fps. Doesn't work, in fact averages went down to 45 fps, so I restarted my computer praying it would fix itself.

Computer gets back on, turn BF3 back on, lo and behold, both GPU's are showing 99% usage, and I'm getting 100 fps averages. LOLWUT!?!?!?!?!

Anybody have an explanation for this?

You could always use the new GeForce drivers and set Vsync to Adaptive (half). This will lock you in at 60fps on a 120hz monitor, avoiding those framerate dips and tearing.

I think it is a combination of installing the new drivers and restarting your computer. Any time I install new drivers, even if I am not prompted to reboot, I do so anyway because weird issues will happen as a result. ;)

I, on the other hand, am getting constant Precision X crashes... It is annoying as hell....

Back