The New EVE: Apocrypha

What are your standings for the Federation Navy?

It's mainly the faction standing that needs to be raised. However generally, when you raise your agent standings, it does have a similar effect on faction standings.

What are your standings for the Federation Navy?

It's mainly the faction standing that needs to be raised. However generally, when you raise your agent standings, it does have a similar effect on faction standings.

Bro....I cant remember squat when it comes to statistics....gimme a sec, I was about to log in anyhooo :) (day off tomorrow, woot!!!).

Gallente Federation = 2.18
Federation Navy = 3.26
L2 Agent = 4.66

L3 Agent requires 4.80

Sorry, misquoted my standings in previous post (I look at a tape measure all day, numbers in my head, I cant remember whats what sometimes, heh).

Hmmm, Oooo Kkkaayy....Just had a look at the Ferox.....What THE hell are you guys smokin? Looks nothing like a freakin penis. (I cant believe I just wrote that word........again!!)

iirc you need to increase standings to the NPC Corp you are running missions for.

So think you need Fed Navy up to 4.8 (from your numbers).

Standing increase gains come about from Storyline missions - so blitz 15/16 missions (courier missions are good for this) to get a storyline, do that for standings gain. Also raise the relevent social skills (connections or something) up a bit to speed things along.

really the l3 missions are worth getting / much more profitable than L2's... so blitzing & leaving loot is valid/possibly worthwhile.

Don't be afraid to just leave everything when blitzing. You may think you're leaving money behind, but the faster you blitz through them the faster you get to the more lucrative ones.

The actual faction im with atm is an NPC faction called Center for Advanced Studies. I havent been doing any missions for them though since all they offer are advisory missions whereas Im wanting to do kill missions which is why I started doing Federation Navy. Am I doing something wrong? If so, can someone please explain it to me :)

Without being able to get into the game and check, I'm thinking:

- Center for Advanced Studies is a corporation--look at your Character sheet under the Standing tab ("Liked By" tab) and you should see a positive standing with a corp of that name. That standing is what affects which agents are available to you in the CfAS corp only.

- Running missions for that agent raises (or can lower) standings for the CfAS corp. Every 16-ish missions you complete for the agent gives you a storyline agent and running that mission will raise faction standings (no standing increase for CfAS corp.)

In the Character/Standings screen ("Liked By" tab) click on 'Info' for the CfAS corporation and then click the Agents tab and you can see the agents within the CfAS corp that are available to you. Rinse and repeat for the other corps. You can look up their locations from there (pick the highest one in hisec space that doesn't border losec space.)

Also, in the corp info window there is a 'Settled Systems' tab that you can click, then click the 'Show on Map' button and it will highlight (in green) the solar systems that have agents for that corp. Some corps are spread out over empire space and increasing standings with one of those is be useful for knowing where you can install jump clones. Once you get 8.0 standings or higher with a corp you can install a JC in a station that has an agent--I'm pretty sure the station needs medical facilities to install JCs. It's really good if they have an office in or near Jita/Amarr/any major trading hub.

Get into L3s as fast as you can. The money is far better than L2s and you'll probably never run into ninjas like you will with L4s.

Hmmm, so thats why its been so slow. Every time I complete a mission, I go back and get my Cat to salvage the wrecks. So its been Mission then Salvage, Mission then Salvage etc etc. Im up to 50mil now though, heh.

Its going to be hard for me to just leave that loot just sitting there, but I suppose blitzing the missions makes sense to get to L3's quicker. The L2's are so easy for me now, it shouldnt take too long.

And yeah, Im always forgetting the lingo for this game. I meant Corp, not faction for the CAS.

Thanks guys :)

also when "cleaning" level 2's & 3's
do Mission Mission Mission Mission Clean >> mission mission mission Clean.... etc is much quicker, also running 2/3 agents from same station/system helps

wrecks and cans stay in space for 2hrs. bookmark wrecks and go back after a few mish's to clean up- might lose some to ninga salvagers but more power to them I'd say.

on slightly different thought... Pure mission alt - afk domi or raven/cnr ?

also when "cleaning" level 2's & 3's
do Mission Mission Mission Mission Clean >> mission mission mission Clean.... etc is much quicker, also running 2/3 agents from same station/system helps

wrecks and cans stay in space for 2hrs. bookmark wrecks and go back after a few mish's to clean up- might lose some to ninga salvagers but more power to them I'd say.

on slightly different thought... Pure mission alt - afk domi or raven/cnr ?

Hmmm, the whole reason why I was always going back for my loot and to salvage after each and every mission was to avoid the ninja salvagers. But now that I think about it, my guess would be that someone doing the ninja'ing would look at L2 loot as crap and wouldnt waste their time with it. Thats the way i would look at it if I were to do any ninja'ing. The highest selling items I get from L2's are those Armor Plates (220k) and I think Platinum/Titanium bars of some sort (220k). I would assume that is just chump change to those ninja'ing.

Your "Mission mission mission mission, then loot" suggestion brings up another question.......

What are the chances that when Ive been given a mission to do, someone else is given the same mission, would we ever see eachother? I realize that those jumpgates are pretty much the same thing as an "Instance" in other games, but, just the same..is there a possibility of having someone else inside the same mission area as what I have been given?

Going along with that question. I already know full well that I can be scanned down while im in a mission area and that person can indeed warp to my position, but can that person see what Im seeing? i.e. I see rats and complexes cause on my side of the computer, I was the one given the mission, so that info is sent to my computer and thus, I see what I see.....but if someone else warps into my mission...do they also see what I see? And if they can see what I see, in theory, then they could also shoot me down as well as shoot the rest of rats I hadnt killed yet, in turn, completing the mission (if the mission was to kill the rats)........and if so, since the rats were killed, regardless of me being killed by the mission hunter guy....does the mission end up being completed on my end? Or does the game know who killed what and see's that I didnt kill the rats, thus I dont get credit for the mission? <----I know thats far fetched and im probably thinking too much about it, I was curious nontheless though.

Space is huge. So there's an extremely low chance of your mission "instance" being the same as another player's

Yes other people, whether part of your fleet or just some random player, can see everything you see in that mission space. Mission spaces are generally open to all players that know of that space's location.

If the mission requires every rat dead and the mission hunter guy does do so, then yeah, you can turn in the mission and get credit for it. As long as the mission parameters are met, doesn't matter who did them AFAIK

The highest selling items I get from L2's are those Armor Plates (220k) and I think Platinum/Titanium bars of some sort (220k). I would assume that is just chump change to those ninja'ing.

Just got a 13M drop on an L3 and never a ninja. Mission mission mission salvage is nice and fast, and I think once you close the mission, and if no one has been to your mission and bm'd they can *never* get your loot.

There is no instancing in EVE... Jump gates are there so you cannot warp within a certain distance, far as I can tell.. Your only option is to activate the jump gate.. You gotta remember, that your visible distance is so small, and the systems of space as sooo huge... There will never be a situation where you will be sent to the same area of space someone else is doing a mission in.

Another point on the mission mission mission loot method is that a Ninja cant scan down your mission site without you in it. They scan to your ship, so untill you start flying one of the big mission ships you wont be seeing many ninjas.

There is no instancing in EVE... There will never be a situation where you will be sent to the same area of space someone else is doing a mission in.

That's because missions are instanced. :D

The fact that 5 people can all be running world's collide in the same system at the same time with the same but separate structures and rats is by definition instancing, regardless of whether or not other people can invade that particular space.

The fact is the game "spawns separate identical dungeons" for each player.

If the mission requires every rat dead and the mission hunter guy does do so, then yeah, you can turn in the mission and get credit for it. As long as the mission parameters are met, doesn't matter who did them AFAIK

Only the person that starts the mission can turn it in, but other players can certainly finish the actual objective.

I just did my first COSMOS missions for the Caldari in Airmia.
First one was easy, simply buy some Isogen and deliver it.

Second one was more...hmmmmmm?
I warped to zero at the jumpgate, activated the gate and landed in the mission.
Filled with red boogies...and a bucketload of yellow wrecks...belonging to a Gallente character from 2006.

I was not up to touching those yellow wrecks, something smelled fishy, used my Caracal to clear the room of red boogies, salvaged my wrecks and jump back to complete the mission.

But it seemed like the yellow wrecks where the same mission wrecks that I got for killing the rats....never seen that before...so was I paranoid, was it a glitch...or was it a trap?

But it seemed like the yellow wrecks where the same mission wrecks that I got for killing the rats....never seen that before...so was I paranoid, was it a glitch...or was it a trap?
Most COSMOS missions are not "instanced", meaning you do share the same mission area with other players. This can help you since the rat DPS is spread, or it can hurt you if the site is in lowsec and you'll just get popped by the party that's already in there.

Normal PVE missions are instanced in such a way that each player gets their own copy of the mission, they are not instanced in a more traditional MMO (i.e. EQ or WOW) way where one is physically separated from the rest of the server.

The term "instanced" first came up when CCP changed the mechanics on the server around so that indeed every mission spawns a new process on the server and creates a set of objects which only persist while the mission is active. There was an article about it a few years back, can't find it now. Not that it matters much.

Most COSMOS missions are not "instanced", meaning you do share the same mission area with other players. This can help you since the rat DPS is spread, or it can hurt you if the site is in lowsec and you'll just get popped by the party that's already in there.

Normal PVE missions are instanced in such a way that each player gets their own copy of the mission, they are not instanced in a more traditional MMO (i.e. EQ or WOW) way where one is physically separated from the rest of the server.

The term "instanced" first came up when CCP changed the mechanics on the server around so that indeed every mission spawns a new process on the server and creates a set of objects which only persist while the mission is active. There was an article about it a few years back, can't find it now. Not that it matters much.

Ah...I see...time to do some more COSMOS, figure those will be faster than L2 to get the isk for my upcomming Drake :D

If missions were instanced I would not be able to scan you down, steal your loot, get you agressed and salvage your ship. :p

Missions are "instanced" by definition, though people will haggle that over the fact that those instances can be invaded.

Got my 1st MOM kill tonight

http://notr.darkfrontier.com/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=23600

We're red with everyone on that list, kinda nice to be blue for an op for once.

(I'm Von btw) and the Rev is overpowered.

Currently pretty ecstatic ATM, bout damn time. :D

Rev is only overpowered because it doesnt need to reload.

For DPS, a Nag w/ 3 faction Gyros and 2-3 faction BCS along with faction ammo can do 800+ more DPS then a rev.

Rev is only overpowered because it doesnt need to reload.

For DPS, a Nag w/ 3 faction Gyros and 2-3 faction BCS along with faction ammo can do 800+ more DPS then a rev.

yeah, I really should have fit blasters, but I only have a choice while docked unlike a Rev which just switches ammo. If the mom was out of range I would have done pitiful damage.

Still, don't care, it was fun. I'm sure it's old hat for some, but I specialize in BS and sub, dreads not so much. Actually in 7 days I'll have all cruisers, frigates and BS @ 5. :p gotta do something with 90+ mil SP.

Good times though. I love this game.

Lost the internet over the weekend :( I sure wish I knew in advance when this company was going to do crap to their servers so I could put a long learning skill in queue.

Anyhoo.....Since I couldnt log in the game, I started fiddling around with EFT again, this time for some BC's. I cant seem to come up with anything "new" to add to them. I just seem to keep on making the same fitting as I have with my Thorax. Anyone else get in a rut like that too?

Anyhoo.....Since I couldnt log in the game, I started fiddling around with EFT again, this time for some BC's. I cant seem to come up with anything "new" to add to them. I just seem to keep on making the same fitting as I have with my Thorax. Anyone else get in a rut like that too?
And thats why I go on Battleclinic from time to time. Sure there are a bunch of crap fits but a trained eye and reading the comments can tell you which fit is good or bad.

Then again, my corp/alliance provides some pretty decent fits to begin with so that always helps. Also, looking at the killboard of your corp/alliance does tell you what the more common and/or effective fits.

Ahhh, what fun this game is...Had a blast tonight "blitzing" thru about 10 missions. Still on L2's though. I figure I have about 30 to 40 more before I get this particular agent unlocked. Dont know whats going on with this L2 agent, but tonight alone, I did The Blockade 3 different times. Doesnt matter I guess, as long as I get the completions.

Things are seemingly so simple with these L2's though, I decided to take out the 400mm armor plates altogether this time and added in a 2nd Mag Stab along with an added dmg rig. Was one shotting them rats left and right :)

This game is damned addicting once ya get to know whats going on. Too bad work gets in the way, hehe.

When I finally get to L3's, I think im going to attempt one or two of them with this Thorax and see how things go. Should be fun :)

Ahhh, what fun this game is...Had a blast tonight "blitzing" thru about 10 missions. Still on L2's though. I figure I have about 30 to 40 more before I get this particular agent unlocked.
It shouldn't take 30 missions to get from L2 to L3. Any agents but L4 ones are transient. Don't get attached to any of them, as soon as you can move from one L2 to the next higher quality L2 (in hisec), do it. I don't have the exact math in front of me, but it's basically like this, you can either run 50 missions for an Quality 0 agent, or you can run 2 for Q0, then 2 for Q4, and then 2 for Q8, and 3 for Q17 and you are eligible for L3 missions.

It shouldn't take 30 missions to get from L2 to L3. Any agents but L4 ones are transient. Don't get attached to any of them, as soon as you can move from one L2 to the next higher quality L2 (in hisec), do it. I don't have the exact math in front of me, but it's basically like this, you can either run 50 missions for an Quality 0 agent, or you can run 2 for Q0, then 2 for Q4, and then 2 for Q8, and 3 for Q17 and you are eligible for L3 missions.

Well......shit!!!

The more I "think" I know about this game, the more I find out I know nothing, lol.

As you might have guessed, Ive been doing missions for ONE agent in Aunia. Atm, I do not recall the quality, but I believe it started out at 12 but is now 14, but that is also considering my connections level (4).

Ive looked around at other agents and I do have "some" L3 agents unlocked that I can use, but their quality is something like -17 and also on the other side of the universe, heh.

That being said though, it brings up a question I was pondering earlier today. Is a L3 agent who's quality is -17 the same as doing a L2 agents missions that has a higher quality? <---Not really concerned about points, rather the loot given from the wrecks. Or will L3 missions always give better loot regardless of the quality compared to L2 missions?

Well......shit!!!

The more I "think" I know about this game, the more I find out I know nothing, lol.

As you might have guessed, Ive been doing missions for ONE agent in Aunia. Atm, I do not recall the quality, but I believe it started out at 12 but is now 14, but that is also considering my connections level (4).

Ive looked around at other agents and I do have "some" L3 agents unlocked that I can use, but their quality is something like -17 and also on the other side of the universe, heh.

That being said though, it brings up a question I was pondering earlier today. Is a L3 agent who's quality is -17 the same as doing a L2 agents missions that has a higher quality? <---Not really concerned about points, rather the loot given from the wrecks. Or will L3 missions always give better loot regardless of the quality compared to L2 missions?

The quality of agents determines how common the 'good' (lucrative) missions are given. Still, any L3 mission should give you rewards an order of magnitude better than L2. L4 another order above L3. I would jump on that L3, assuming your ship is up to the task.

Seriously guys... 55 pages? Would it hurt to start separate threads about different topics?

Seriously guys... 55 pages? Would it hurt to start separate threads about different topics?

you'd think after 8.8 years you'd have your ppp set to 40.

ppp = posts per page

Anyway, its at 28 pages, and yes it would hurt to start a new thread. Besides, its easy for EVE players to keep in touch this way- if you don't like it, don't read the thread ;)

Last edited:

Same game on all 28 pages, I don't really see the issue. Searching will still find the same stuff whether the thread is 2 pages or 28 pages long.

The quality of agents determines how common the 'good' (lucrative) missions are given. Still, any L3 mission should give you rewards an order of magnitude better than L2. L4 another order above L3. I would jump on that L3, assuming your ship is up to the task.

Ahhh, I see.

Reason I was stickin around this area, which another EVE player had mentioned to me, was because in this particular system, I have an L2 agent, an L3 agent, L4 agent as well as a storyline agent. All sitting in the same station and all 3 of the agents are Security type agents too.

Ive gone from a 2.83 standing with the Federation Navy up to 3.91 as of last night. To get to that point, Ive done somewhere in the neighborhood of 30+ missions with this one L2 agent alone. <---The vast majority of those in the past 2 weeks, or since you guys prompted me about "blitzing".

The L3 agent in this station requires a 4.87 standing before its available to me. I dont recall the quality atm, but its on the positive side though. Its that 3.91 to 4.87 that I draw my assumption that it would take another 30+ missions before being unlocked. But hell, im not in it for the missions really, I just need a decent source of income so I can start doing what I really would like to be doing in this game :D If shooting over several systems to do those L3's I can do now will net me fundage quicker....so be it....Looks like im packing up tonight.....again, LOL.

Hey Bro.....I think you are missing the underlying point of why this thread is continued...If another person out there reads this from page one, they can see a progression of a newbie player (me) and if they so choose to venture into this game, the thread is also comprised of MANY tips and helpful links that will undoubtedly be bookmarked by those players.

But also.....I know full well, here at the [H], people do not like seeing multitudes of threads about the same subject. I recall when Doom 3 came out......crap O mighty man, the first 2 pages of threads within this gaming section was nothing but D3 this, D3 that. Was annoying.

:cool::D:cool:

Ahhh, I see.

Reason I was stickin around this area, which another EVE player had mentioned to me, was because in this particular system, I have an L2 agent, an L3 agent, L4 agent as well as a storyline agent. All sitting in the same station and all 3 of the agents are Security type agents too.
Making a 'home base' based on agent locations is a fairly poor decision IMO, but I'm not familiar with gallente agents; maybe all three agents are high quality. Regardless, try not to get 'bound' to a single location. Learning the different systems and their quirks is an important part of the game. Training to fly Iteron Vs will help keep your current base of operations mobile as you'll be able to carry everything with you.
The L3 agent in this station requires a 4.87 standing before its available to me. I dont recall the quality atm, but its on the positive side though. Its that 3.91 to 4.87 that I draw my assumption that it would take another 30+ missions before being unlocked. But hell, im not in it for the missions really, I just need a decent source of income so I can start doing what I really would like to be doing in this game :D If shooting over several systems to do those L3's I can do now will net me fundage quicker....so be it....Looks like im packing up tonight.....again, LOL.
Yeah, its a grind to get to L4s then missions become a stable source of income rather than the entire game.

Be very careful on your first L3 mission.. with the increase in rewards comes an increase in difficulty. You'll need to start thinking about fitting guns that hit hard enough, but also a way to take care of smaller frigates that will still be around. Drones will be key.

Lengthening the pages makes browsing on a mobile device suck more, so I leave the default. :)

I keep leaving and coming back to this game, never have a corp or friends to play with or anything to keep me interested though I enjoy the core of the game.

I have a 4mil SP character with a triple CCC geddon but it gets boring to play by myself and not be involved in pvp.

Back