The New EVE: Apocrypha

lol
I loved the "we don't want to destroy the game...just YOUR game!" :D

this makes sad pandas... :(

the game is a lot about mental conditioning / auto-responses / instinct / doing stuff without thinking about it.

DCU's use next to zero cap/very tiny amount, there is no reason not to have it turned on . Get into the habit of undock/jump, align/warp/move, turn on damage control. (this is eve, ofc certain exceptions...undock invulnerability timer being one.)

Dial it into your brain now so it becomes 2nd nature later.

(pretty much same can be said for hardeners - not sure of their cap use, but thinks its pretty minimal. would advise same "always on" practice )

And yea, as said before, if you are tanking with ease you are tanking too much / not ganking enough. optimal fits are what its all about.

Soo, would it be too far fetched to say that this fitting on my Thorax could take on some NPC Battlecruisers? I know for a fact that NPC Cruisers are no match for me in level 2's. Im trying very hard to work my way up to level 3's and 4's. Ive had a taste of what 4's can yield to me, loot wise and rat wise and im very anxious to start doing them.

At which point with rat missions would I want to leave my Cruiser behind and take a BC?

Going into level 3's you'll need more buffer, they don't necessarily get harder there will just be more ships hitting you at once. So I would step up to a brutix or a myrmidon, myrmidon preferred unless you have a lot more gunnery than drone skills.

Going into level 3's you'll need more buffer, they don't necessarily get harder there will just be more ships hitting you at once. So I would step up to a brutix or a myrmidon, myrmidon preferred unless you have a lot more gunnery than drone skills.

When you say gunnery and drone skills.....do you mean the actual "Gunnery" and "Drone" skill or are you meaning the sub-skills underlying the mains? Reason I ask is that my Drone skill is at level 5 and so is Gunnery. My subs are at atleast 3 and 4.

When you say gunnery and drone skills.....do you mean the actual "Gunnery" and "Drone" skill or are you meaning the sub-skills underlying the mains? Reason I ask is that my Drone skill is at level 5 and so is Gunnery. My subs are at atleast 3 and 4.

No I mean the support skills. There are a lot that all go into making you badass at drones and guns, like drone interfacing and the skills required for t2 guns though you may not have made it to t2 guns. The myrmidon is the better overall ship probably since the brutix can be a little starved for powergrid. You can fit salvagers and tractor beams in the high slot on the myrmidon but still dish out good damage via drones, etc. But a well fit brutix can probably tear it up as well.

I ran out of tape before his most outrageous comments on the last panel question. As for the one pic during the goon get together slideshow, I couldn't show man pubes without an age gate.

EDIT: If you want the man pubes, I'll put up the age gate and deliver the uncut version. I'm sure about 30 secs on the SA boards would show you the goods, just imagine some uncomfortable laughter and you'll capture the moment in its entirety.
- from the comments at the bottom of the link.

dont know details of the man pubes. but i am interested. naked assaults tantalize me.

Yes its possible to avoid but hardly rare to get caught, I still see bubble camps all the time out here in 0.0.
Yeah it's all about location. In Providence gates are rarely bubbled by blues since that's not in line with the Operation Deliverance and the general spirit of the region. That doesn't prevent reds from occasionally bubbling a gate, but those instances tend to be quickly resolved by the Provi-blob. ;)

Yeah it's all about location. In Providence gates are rarely bubbled by blues since that's not in line with the Operation Deliverance and the general spirit of the region. That doesn't prevent reds from occasionally bubbling a gate, but those instances tend to be quickly resolved by the Provi-blob. ;)

Yeah I was in one of those blobs a few days as a tackle. It's amazing to see 120+ ships come together in Provi to chase down some reds.

Might as well show a few pics:
20091005202820.jpg

20091005202715.jpg

That last pic is what scares the hell outta me. It looks soo sooooo confusing. How they heck fire do you guys see the trees thru the forest like that? I can tell though, since they are all purps, those are your fleet mates, but if theres that many of ya, then I would have to assume there is as many hostiles as well.

How do you know who to target? Doesnt it take quite a bit of time to scroll thru all the targets to find YOUR target? And in the time it takes, doesnt it waste time and apply it to the other team which they can use to target you? (pardon if im not making sense.......a few beers in me, heh).

That last pic is what scares the hell outta me. It looks soo sooooo confusing. How they heck fire do you guys see the trees thru the forest like that? I can tell though, since they are all purps, those are your fleet mates, but if theres that many of ya, then I would have to assume there is as many hostiles as well.

How do you know who to target? Doesnt it take quite a bit of time to scroll thru all the targets to find YOUR target? And in the time it takes, doesnt it waste time and apply it to the other team which they can use to target you? (pardon if im not making sense.......a few beers in me, heh).
Big battles like those are coordinated by voice, someone is calling out targets for your group. You find have a list of enemies, find your target, approach, lock on or do whatever you have to do. It's a little confusing at first just because stuff can happen so fast but you get used to it.

a proper overview wouldnt show any of those ships, nor their brackets, nor that big purple background on the display.

the only thing my overview ever shows is reds and gates. the only things i see in space are belts/gates/stations. i remove everything else on my primary overview, unless of course im can flipping and i turn on neutrals.

as for the target calling, your FC calls a target, and hopefully you quickly sort your overview alphabetically and just point and click.

eve can be as convenient and easy as you'd like it to be. on the other hand, you can have every planet, belt, gate, station, player (friendly/neutral/hostile), and you can make it impossible to sort anything, or you can keep it nice and clean and only see the things that you want.

- from the comments at the bottom of the link.

dont know details of the man pubes. but i am interested. naked assaults tantalize me.

Haha yeah that sounds like the pic.

lol @ the stab. Ace fit there. :rolleyes:

Hey it's not a bad concept, for awhile I fit a stab and then two sensor boosters to overcome it and still lock well. The guy who does the most dps is the guy that stays in battle the longest, so if you can get out and back in over and over as opposed to dying once and taking a long time to get a new ship, that can be seen as a benefit.

Yeah I was in one of those blobs a few days as a tackle. It's amazing to see 120+ ships come together in Provi to chase down some reds.
Yeah it's a somewhat strange situation.
Providence is basically pacified. We do have occasional incursions by AAA and UK, but those aren't attempts at grabbing space but just things to get a rise out of us to have a really big fleet fight.

This generally leads to a lack of targets, and so when some reds do show up, then everyone, their child, and their dog do want to come to shoot at something. It's not that we need to blob to win, but it's like what are you going to say to blues? No, don't come, we have enough already, we don't want to blob? Not realistic.

Then you have other days, like today, where a 140 man TRI+friends gang came through (90 of them in Drakes) and we essentially put up very little resistance. Maybe it was the time of day, or other ops, or no idea what else. I few folks formed up, killed like 7 of them, lost 15 of our own, and called it good.

Sometimes it's a matter of opportunity cost too, I personally do not bother chasing down cloaking recon gangs, just not worth my time and they really can't do any damage anyway (short of catching the stupidly unaware, which aren't my problem).

This generally leads to a lack of targets, and so when some reds do show up, then everyone, their child, and their dog do want to come to shoot at something. It's not that we need to blob to win, but it's like what are you going to say to blues? No, don't come, we have enough already, we don't want to blob? Not realistic.....

Then you have other days, like today, where a 140 man TRI+friends gang came through (90 of them in Drakes) and we essentially put up very little resistance. Maybe it was the time of day, or other ops, or no idea what else. I few folks formed up, killed like 7 of them, lost 15 of our own, and called it good.

LOL!. So true. And then you get days like early today with that friendly fire incident in Y-MP where a frieghtor alt of a blue was unfortunately put on the KOS list. Supposedly 100 Billion ISK worth of weapons. BPCs, etc was lost. Such a weird chain of events for that.

I was in another defense fleet an hour ago where we faced an well-organized Cry Havoc fleet. An unfortunate series of events coupled with Cry Havoc's skills forced us to retreat and dock. T

Last edited:
... And then you get days like early today with that friendly fire incident in Y-MP where a frieghtor alt of a blue was unfortunately put on the KOS list. Supposedly 100 Billion ISK worth of weapons. BPCs, etc was lost. ...

km link? i love it when pinatas filled with candy go boom.

Haha, love the KB comment "failfit!" ...., lol
The actual loss, including freighter, was about in the 3b range. It could have been a lot worse. The guy will get reimbursed.

Yah. I think he already was.

Damn Dude!!!! I had to slap myself twice before I could believe what I was seeing. Am I to understand that all that stuff is what dropped as loot when you popped this guy?

The items in green survived. Everything else was lost.

Assuming those are all bpc's... who moves bpo's in a freighter through nullsec? that kb needs its values adjusted.

ty for link danny bui.

Assuming those are all bpc's... who moves bpo's in a freighter through nullsec? that kb needs its values adjusted.

ty for link danny bui.

NP. Yeah noticed that too. Probably was around the 3Bil range. Still quite a bit of money to me.

My old corp would not take me back without reapplying, which I can do, but I thought it would be a perfect time to join any [H] corp that may be out there. If there is one, I would like to join it! I'm still fairly new and I do not play unceasingly - I split my time between WoW and EVE. but I can mine and I do have a hauler - I have a mining barge, but still need to spend time training for it.

Unfortunately [H]Corp is no longer is active. Keep looking for another corp.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

My old corp would not take me back without reapplying, which I can do, but I thought it would be a perfect time to join any [H] corp that may be out there. If there is one, I would like to join it! I'm still fairly new and I do not play unceasingly - I split my time between WoW and EVE. but I can mine and I do have a hauler - I have a mining barge, but still need to spend time training for it.
Forget mining. ;)
If you are just out to have some fun, and are not heavily invested in EVE yet, then Factional Warfare may just be the thing for you. It's mainly frigate hull based combat, so it's cheap and there's always action. If you are Amarr then might I suggest the 1st Praetorian Guard, if you are of lesser birth, then I am sure your factions will have a few FW corps out there as well.

, if you are of lesser birth, then I am sure your factions will have a few FW corps out there as well.

No need to get racist. :p

I've been pretty happy lately doing frig roams thru low sec. The other night we (a corp mate and I) bagged a Thorax and chased another off with his Rifter and my Merlin. Tell ya, the loot from the kill was nice, and seeing 8 of their corpmates jump in and start hunting us was rather thrilling. Unfortunately, to continue this behavior is an uphill battle with sec status.

Nice finds on the videos guys. Thats some funny shit. Wish I knew enough about programing and stuff to apply for a job, I bet it would be some insane fun.

They need to do a Heavy Metal video...rap just isnt my thing...scratchy records give me the chills, give me some bone crushing bass along with headache inducing drums and some killer riffs and I'll never leave the game.....ever.

Welp.....I reduced the armor of my Thorax. Took out the 800mm plates and the armor rep. Took out the 250mm guns and in place of them, added 5 200mm Compressed Coil Guns. Added a Mag. Stab. and added 200mm plates. Took out the old Cap Regs. and added in Cap II's. Kept the 10mn AB, DCU II and Kinetic/Therm N-type hardeners.

Capacitor is in the green and stable.

I took on a "somewhat" more difficult Level 2 mission that actually had BC's in it along with a shitload of Cruisers. The BC's were kinda hard to crack, but cracked they did :). They managed to take out my shields, but my armor was still too good for them, hehe. Only slight damage to my armor was incurred. I got some GOOD loot from that mission....well, better loot than I have been getting, heh.

By the end of tonights gaming, I should be receiving some level 3's :) :) :)

I cant wait to start hunting down some pirates....now that I have a better understanding of what to do. Its going to be FUN!!!!!!!!

PVP roundtable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UeLkfKb6Zs

The dev on the right is Seleene the ex-head of the Mercenary Coalition one of the more influential alliances in the past in EVE. The scottish guy blabbing here or there is a fellow goon. :D

I read your comment on the vid on YouTube ..., not sure where to begin without to turn this into some flame war, but .... I guess I will just say that I hope your fellow Goonies don't read that comment because they may just kick you out for being The Anti-Goon: "Fly safe with honor and majesty!"

Goons are many things, but honorable they are not, I can't fathom how you could possibly believe otherwise.

Im watching the link now and Ive GOT to comment on something that just really really stands out as Im watching the video......NO KIDS!!!!!!!! :D:D

Well, it's a matter of cost. Flying to Iceland and staying there for a few days is just too expensive for most kids.

Last edited:
I read your comment on the vid on YouTube ..., not sure where to begin without to turn this into some flame war, but .... I guess I will just say that I hope your fellow Goonies don't read that comment because they may just kick you out for being The Anti-Goon: "Fly safe with honor and majesty!"

Goons are many things, but honorable they are not, I can't fathom how you could possibly believe otherwise.

Trap sprung.

Back