The New EVE: Apocrypha

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Haha, love the KB comment "failfit!" ...., lol
The actual loss, including freighter, was about in the 3b range. It could have been a lot worse. The guy will get reimbursed.

Yah. I think he already was.

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Damn Dude!!!! I had to slap myself twice before I could believe what I was seeing. Am I to understand that all that stuff is what dropped as loot when you popped this guy?

The items in green survived. Everything else was lost.

Apathy

Gawd
Assuming those are all bpc's... who moves bpo's in a freighter through nullsec? that kb needs its values adjusted.

ty for link danny bui.

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Assuming those are all bpc's... who moves bpo's in a freighter through nullsec? that kb needs its values adjusted.

ty for link danny bui.

NP. Yeah noticed that too. Probably was around the 3Bil range. Still quite a bit of money to me.

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
My old corp would not take me back without reapplying, which I can do, but I thought it would be a perfect time to join any [H] corp that may be out there. If there is one, I would like to join it! I'm still fairly new and I do not play unceasingly - I split my time between WoW and EVE. but I can mine and I do have a hauler - I have a mining barge, but still need to spend time training for it.

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Unfortunately [H]Corp is no longer is active. Keep looking for another corp.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
My old corp would not take me back without reapplying, which I can do, but I thought it would be a perfect time to join any [H] corp that may be out there. If there is one, I would like to join it! I'm still fairly new and I do not play unceasingly - I split my time between WoW and EVE. but I can mine and I do have a hauler - I have a mining barge, but still need to spend time training for it.
Forget mining. ;)
If you are just out to have some fun, and are not heavily invested in EVE yet, then Factional Warfare may just be the thing for you. It's mainly frigate hull based combat, so it's cheap and there's always action. If you are Amarr then might I suggest the 1st Praetorian Guard, if you are of lesser birth, then I am sure your factions will have a few FW corps out there as well.

Version_3

2[H]4U
, if you are of lesser birth, then I am sure your factions will have a few FW corps out there as well.

No need to get racist. :p

I've been pretty happy lately doing frig roams thru low sec. The other night we (a corp mate and I) bagged a Thorax and chased another off with his Rifter and my Merlin. Tell ya, the loot from the kill was nice, and seeing 8 of their corpmates jump in and start hunting us was rather thrilling. Unfortunately, to continue this behavior is an uphill battle with sec status.

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Nice finds on the videos guys. Thats some funny shit. Wish I knew enough about programing and stuff to apply for a job, I bet it would be some insane fun.

They need to do a Heavy Metal video...rap just isnt my thing...scratchy records give me the chills, give me some bone crushing bass along with headache inducing drums and some killer riffs and I'll never leave the game.....ever.

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Welp.....I reduced the armor of my Thorax. Took out the 800mm plates and the armor rep. Took out the 250mm guns and in place of them, added 5 200mm Compressed Coil Guns. Added a Mag. Stab. and added 200mm plates. Took out the old Cap Regs. and added in Cap II's. Kept the 10mn AB, DCU II and Kinetic/Therm N-type hardeners.

Capacitor is in the green and stable.

I took on a "somewhat" more difficult Level 2 mission that actually had BC's in it along with a shitload of Cruisers. The BC's were kinda hard to crack, but cracked they did :). They managed to take out my shields, but my armor was still too good for them, hehe. Only slight damage to my armor was incurred. I got some GOOD loot from that mission....well, better loot than I have been getting, heh.

By the end of tonights gaming, I should be receiving some level 3's :) :) :)

I cant wait to start hunting down some pirates....now that I have a better understanding of what to do. Its going to be FUN!!!!!!!!

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
PVP roundtable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UeLkfKb6Zs

The dev on the right is Seleene the ex-head of the Mercenary Coalition one of the more influential alliances in the past in EVE. The scottish guy blabbing here or there is a fellow goon. :D

I read your comment on the vid on YouTube ..., not sure where to begin without to turn this into some flame war, but .... I guess I will just say that I hope your fellow Goonies don't read that comment because they may just kick you out for being The Anti-Goon: "Fly safe with honor and majesty!"

Goons are many things, but honorable they are not, I can't fathom how you could possibly believe otherwise.

Im watching the link now and Ive GOT to comment on something that just really really stands out as Im watching the video......NO KIDS!!!!!!!! :D:D

Well, it's a matter of cost. Flying to Iceland and staying there for a few days is just too expensive for most kids.

Last edited:

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
I read your comment on the vid on YouTube ..., not sure where to begin without to turn this into some flame war, but .... I guess I will just say that I hope your fellow Goonies don't read that comment because they may just kick you out for being The Anti-Goon: "Fly safe with honor and majesty!"

Goons are many things, but honorable they are not, I can't fathom how you could possibly believe otherwise.

Trap sprung.

mashie

Mawd Gawd
Im watching the link now and Ive GOT to comment on something that just really really stands out as Im watching the video......NO KIDS!!!!!!!! :D:D
Fanfest is an 18+ event so might be why ;)

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Honor in a video game is dumb.
I know the two of us had this discussion before, probably even in this very thread, I don't think that my answer then was any different than it is today. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

EVE is not just a video game like any other single player computer game out there. It's a multiplayer game where ones actions do affect the playerbase as a whole, and this means other people, not just other pixels. That's why some choose to play honorably within the limitations of the game mechanics. For example, NRDS is honorable from where I am looking.

The linked video doesn't apply since at the end of the day EVE is just a game, and unfortunately there are no real life consequences for being a prick in EVE. I am certain that a lot of space bullies in EVE would be a lot more careful if pissing people off in game would actually carry over into the real world and you would actually risk bodily harm.

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah like when I sneak up from behind and burn a dudes face off in TF2 (a multiplayer game) I'm like "YOU FOUGHT HONORABLY BRO!" and he's like "YOU HAVE NO HONOR!!"

mashie

Mawd Gawd
I am certain that a lot of space bullies in EVE would be a lot more careful if pissing people off in game would actually carry over into the real world and you would actually risk bodily harm.
You don't get goons as their motto is "to ruin your game".

But who can blame them, hate mails are the best mails.

Apathy

Gawd
suggesting that thuleman and oldpueblo do not turn this into a caod thread. you guys are both cool 'brosefs'. and you both know where this will go if you let it.

dont be dumb :/

Atech

2[H]4U
suggesting that thuleman and oldpueblo do not turn this into a caod thread. you guys are both cool 'brosefs'. and you both know where this will go if you let it.

dont be dumb :/

They could do a 1vs1 in EVE...and settle their "dispute" ;)

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Fanfest is an 18+ event so might be why ;)

Ahhh, I see.

Wasnt aware of that. A+ to CCP for doing it that way.

As for Honor inside the game goes, Im on the fence, so I'll just keep my nose outta this one. :)

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
As for Honor inside the game goes, Im on the fence, so I'll just keep my nose outta this one. :)
The beauty of EVE is that it does allow for all play styles. While I don't agree with some of those play styles, I do appreciate that folks in EVE have a choice. In the aforementioned TF2 there is no such choice. I did buy the game, and I don't play it anymore because one is unable to escape the griefers there because the map is just too small.

In EVE those who do not want to grief have an option to carve out a piece of space for themselves and run it the way they believe is right.

LstBrunnenG

Supreme [H]ardness
The beauty of EVE is that it does allow for all play styles. While I don't agree with some of those play styles, I do appreciate that folks in EVE have a choice. In the aforementioned TF2 there is no such choice. I did buy the game, and I don't play it anymore because one is unable to escape the griefers there because the map is just too small.

In EVE those who do not want to grief have an option to carve out a piece of space for themselves and run it the way they believe is right.
So basically, people who are good at being spies or pyros are griefers?

knothead34

[H]ard|Gawd
there is even honor among thieves. you get held for ransom and you pay and still get shot up thats bs. if you get held for ransom and pay.......thief needs to move off.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
So basically, people who are good at being spies or pyros are griefers?

Please, if you want to join the discussion, try and put in a little more effort to actually follow the conversation.

However, since you did bring up spies, in the real world back in the good old days of the Cold War, before places like Romania and Eritrea joined the global spying in earnest, there was a gentlemen's agreement between spies, even though both sides were enemies to the teeth. Neither side would execute spies caught even though the laws of those countries would allow it. Neither side would murder spies (in lieu of catching them and exchanging them).

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
The beauty of EVE is that it does allow for all play styles. .

Indeed!!

For me, eventually, I would like to try out being a pirate as well as being a pirate hunter/bounty hunter.

One side of me says....Being a pirate is part of playing the game. But then, there's side of me that has had the displeasure of having a pirate hunt me down while in a mission. It would be a lie for me to sit here and say I didnt get, at least, a little upset at the situation. But, though it was upsetting to be hunted down while in a mission, I knew it could happen. Instead of "staying" upset and then whining about it on some forums somewhere, I chalked it up as an "experience" to learn from as well as adding that Pirate to the buddy list and taking note what he did and giving him a bad standing with me. Now, I know when this person is online and, hehe, down the road, I WILL have the capability to hunt HIM down as he did me. From that moment on, with the thought that I can, in the future, avenge myself....that to me made me want to play all the more.

Should I be upset for him playing the game as it was intended? Not one bit. Was it "Honorable" for him to do what he did? Absolutely. So, my thoughts on the word and meaning of Honor, within this game of EVE has a completely and totally different way of being defined.

Truth be told.....Honor and morals really have no bearing inside of the game. Take care of yourself, watch your back and trust NO ONE are the underlined "RULES" of EVE. That being said, both Mr. Pueblo and Mr. Thuelman are both correct as well as incorrect with their statements. This is what makes EVE such a good game to play.

aKrippler

Gawd
Espionage ingame and espionage IRL are completley different. EVE just like other MMO's is a social game. People want to make friends. Its human nature. So grats to you if you think stabbing someone in the back who just wanted to make a new friend, or have someone to play/hang out with takes skill because trust me it doesnt.

Honor in a video game isnt dumb.

Last edited:

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
Espionage ingame and espionage IRL are completley different. EVE just like other MMO's is a social game. People want to make friends. Its human nature. So grats to you if you think stabbing someone in the back who just wanted to make a new friend, or have someone to play/hang out with takes skill because trust me it doesnt.

Honor in a video game isnt dumb.

Think of it in the terms of playing an RTS. Your buddies vs another team with buddies. If you sneak a guy into their base and start raping it, exploiting their lack of attention or strategy, it's hardly "dishonorable." That's the game. The people that just blindly trust everyone learn quickly that they don't understand the games rules, and they play better afterwards. "Be honorable" is nowhere written in the game mechanics.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
"Be honorable" is nowhere written in the game mechanics.
Neither is being a prick, yet people still do it all the time.

I also liked your "I am one of the best PVPers" comment. ;) There are nearly endless ways to define "best", so it's all relative, but I'd be curious to hear what makes you think that.

I am currently dealing with some very angry members of Eternal Perseverance, griefers of course, who can't match my wits and get angrier by the minute because of it. Very entertaining indeed. However, they would take extreme objection to you calling yourself one of the best, seeing as they are ranked top 20 on Battleclinic.