The new BenQ BL2420Z & GW2470H VA Panels

OutlawXGP

Weaksauce
Benq got 2 new AMVA+ panels coming out, however I am unable to find any price or release date for them but they certainly caught my attention.

Here is the link to PCMonitors

BenQ GW2470H
BenQ BL2420Z

They are both 24" 1920x1080 AMVA+ with 3000:1 Contrast ratio, PWM Free and 4ms GTG.

What are your thoughts about these guys?, Could we finally get a decent 24 inch VA Panel with no ghosting and nice deep blacks with out black crush?

I like the look of the BL2420Z. Been wanting something like that to replace my crappy EW2430 in the office. Guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to see if they've sorted the responsiveness and see what else is good/bad about them. Nice to see some new panels though.

I like the look of the BL2420Z. Been wanting something like that to replace my crappy EW2430 in the office. Guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to see if they've sorted the responsiveness and see what else is good/bad about them. Nice to see some new panels though.

Yeah I agree, I recently tried the Dell S2415h glossy 24 inch panel and I planed on doing a 3 monitor setup with them, however my panel had some uneven brightness issues so I returned it. I was just about to purchase 3 Dell S2415h again and I came across this BenQ, it be really nice to have some good blacks and no stinking IPS Glow.

AUO reduced the size from 24 to 23.8 inch other than that the M238HVN01.0 has exactly the same specs as the 2013-2014 AMVA+ panel (M240HVN02) .
Gonna wait for reviews to see if they changed coating or made any further improvements to the matrix, but tests of these small monitors are rare nowadays.

So what's going on with these two monitors? Any reviews for them out there? Preferably the GW2470H.

I'm really interested in just a single semi in depth to in depth review of either one of these monitors, but looks like not a single soul has one, and that makes it difficult for me to justify purchasing one and being the guinea pig >.< It's understandable though, not many people are interested in a 1080p 60hz monitor anymore these days. It's all about the 1440p 144hz monitors now.

prad.de, 3dnews.ru ,hardware.info, playwares.com and pcmonitors.info still test smaller budget class monitors occasionally, so gotta keep an eye on those
nothing so far though

I'll be seriously surprised if there's any improvement compared to current 27" 1080p MVA displays.

I'll be seriously surprised if there's any improvement compared to current 27" 1080p MVA displays.

The EW2750ZL is a marked improvement over the EW2740L, so i think its safe to say that these new 24" monitors are better than previous entries like the EW2440L, the GW2470H is already better just from having vesa mounts, a lack of a hideous glossy backside, and fairly slim matte bezels that aren't of the "no bezel" design variety which only serves to deceive customers and ruin the black depth of the monitor.

Back