The Mummy Official Trailer

Brendan didn't get the part bc he looks like shit these days. I mean let himself go is an understatement.
You wouldn't be looking too good, either, if you had to go through the kind of divorce rape Brendan Fraser had to endure.
hmm thinking hard now about a Cruise movie that is bad, hard than I thought it would be... Eyes Wide shut? Days of Thunder?
Not necessarily bad, just not as good as the others. Knight and Day and Far and Away are the "worst" I could think of.

I think this reboot is supposed to have a more serious tone and not the campiness of the Brendan Fraser movies

I loved that about them, though. Perfect movies and no blood.

Tom Cruise... meh. But, I enjoy his movies. This one looks like it will be pretty good. Popcorn munching, "leave your brain at the door" type of movie. Just a fun movie that shouldn't be over analyzed.

Shooting doesn't take longer but coming up with the idea does. You have to spend time writing a new script vs copying one that was already done. There is less risk involved and fewer unknowns as you know that if people keep going and seeing N+1th for 4 versions they will most likely still go see the 5th. So even with paying the actors more you still have an idea of how much you will make. There is no question right now if Furious 8 or Star Wars 8 will make money or be major flops. They know that people will rush to see the movies. Same goes for certain types of movies. Everyone bitched about how much DC has fucked up recently making movies, however even with all the negative talk about the movies BvS and Suicide Squad still make a large amount of money as everyone still rushed to see the movies. But you look at some of the more independent or new ideas movies, and those are questionable if you are going to get people to want to go see them. I tried finding numbers for a few new idea movies, and I couldn't even find their budget let alone how much they made.

Writing the script is also the least expensive part as it only involves a few people. Who cares if it takes longer? There are always multiple projects in the works.

What they do basically is huge investment with 90% chance for 10% profit out of it. When new projects could be done with smaller investments, and get a huge profit from it if it's successful or a small if it's not. Or no profit if it's a flop. But that's a very little chance that it will be a complete flop.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'd like more original ideas.

I like the old mummy movies and this is certainly different, not sure about the storyline but the trailer looks Kick Ass!!! I love movies and Tom Cruise is a awesome actor for action movies! those who doesn't think so, too bad for you, but in my book, he's really good.

that War of the Worlds remake he did was pretty bad

I kinda disagree. His kids were annoying and the ending was bit lame and the idea that the machines were already buried underground million years ago was retarded, but overall the movie was quite good. Its not a great movie but it definetly falls into the "decent and very watchable movie" camp.

I like the old mummy movies and this is certainly different, not sure about the storyline but the trailer looks Kick Ass!!! I love movies and Tom Cruise is a awesome actor for action movies! those who doesn't think so, too bad for you, but in my book, he's really good.

He's good for action movies, I'll give him that. I just don't think he has a lot of depth.

I feel the same for quite a few actors/actresses, some I really like.

Oh hell. Didn't know he went through that. I thought he was just pure dad mode. Sucks. Nice guy.

Cruise in this is just weird but that is hollyweird for you.

I liked tom in this role:
article-1367131-09EBCD6F000005DC-212_468x595.jpg

What!? What happened?
Afton Smith took the kids away and he was forced to pay her $900k a year in alimony, $100k a year per child. This was back when he was still a hot actor in 2007. In 2009 he suffered a severe back injury. After his career bottomed out he had to claim poverty to cut the $1.2m a year payment to the parasite in half. He then had to endure the media circus after the ex-wife accused him of hiding assets and lying. A recent interview with him about his return to acting in The Affair shows that he is now likely suffering from social anxiety disorder.

Afton Smith took the kids away and he was forced to pay her $900k a year in alimony, $100k a year per child. This was back when he was still a hot actor in 2007. In 2009 he suffered a severe back injury. After his career bottomed out he had to claim poverty to cut the $1.2m a year payment to the parasite in half. He then had to endure the media circus after the ex-wife accused him of hiding assets and lying. A recent interview with him about his return to acting in The Affair shows that he is now likely suffering from social anxiety disorder.

Holy shit man! I hope he gets his life and acting career back together. Even if he is mostly in campy movies he is still a pretty good actor and I'd hate to see it all go to waste because of parasites.

And 900k, 100k per kid!? How expensive lifestyle is that woman leading!? Monetary support after divorce should just make sure that the woman and their kids are able to live, some money that they can have a roof and food on the table and everything else is just extra, something SHE has to be able to provide for her kids. It should not be all on the ex-husbands head. 900k a year contain a LOT of unnecessary extra that has nothing to do with making sure the ex-wife and kids are able to live "normal" lives.

looks pretty good for me. i dont mind a reboot or a different story
the original 2 movies were good but same villian? then part 3 was a chinese mummy....wth?

Back