The most simple WAN monitoring program that runs in Windows?

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
Have a client with 5x locations, I'd like to find a simple monitoring program that will show the status of the broadband connections of the satellite offices. Router to router VPN tunnels between the 4x satellites and mothership.

Would be nice it it would run in Windows.
Routers at all sites are Linksys/Cisco RV0 series. Satellites are just 1 - 2 PC branch offices.

Unfortunately mixed DSL and cable environment (I prefer to have all sites on same type of broadband from the same ISP if I can, but not do-able for this setup). Combined with the RV0 and their occasional tendancy to drop the VPN tunnels....the accountant at the main office sorta needs to know when a tunnel drops so she can log into the main RV0 and "reconnect" the tunnel.

the accountant at the main office sorta needs to know when a tunnel drops so she can log into the main RV0 and "reconnect" the tunnel.

not familiar with the software of those routers, but cant you just create a simple heartbeat script that pings each connection at a regular interval, and if a ping doesnt get returned it runs a set of commands to reconnect? thats how i do it on my home network.

Back