The most extreme mini-ITX gaming rig you've ever seen - MAX11Lv3

miahallen

Limp Gawd
I just finished a build I've been working on for a customer. He requested a system to fulfill these requirements.
  • small
  • lightweight
  • very powerful
  • unique
  • cutting edge gaming performance

If you like what you see here, be sure to check out the full build log for details :)

This is what the layout looks like prior to putting in the optical drive tray....it's a really tight squeeze!

MAX11Lv3122.jpg

And here are the final shots of the system. The customer is planning to replace the feet with something a bit more athetically pleasing once he finds something he likes.

MAX11Lv3129.jpg

MAX11Lv3128.jpg

MAX11Lv3127.jpg

MAX11Lv3126.jpg

MAX11Lv3125.jpg

I welcome your comments and criticisms :)

Last edited:

I welcome your comments and critacisms :)

In that case I will mock your spelling!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely awesome build though!! I checked out your build log, that's an insane amount of power in a tiny little build. You are very much a master of your craft.

In that case I will mock your spelling!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely awesome build though!! I checked out your build log, that's an insane amount of power in a tiny little build. You are very much a master of your craft.

Oops :eek:

Shuttle, take note!

I like how you've used the PSU to assist the fluid cooling - I assume you've reversed the fan.

Would you care to comment on the graphics card? I don't see the need to fluid cool it: why not just have it seated normally, sucking in air from below? Sure you'd need to make the case a smidge taller, but it would make it much easier to replace.

Shuttle, take note!

I like how you've used the PSU to assist the fluid cooling - I assume you've reversed the fan.

Would you care to comment on the graphics card? I don't see the need to fluid cool it: why not just have it seated normally, sucking in air from below? Sure you'd need to make the case a smidge taller, but it would make it much easier to replace.

Considering its a GTX580 I'm sure the cooler might be a bit too long and would certainly be an unsightly bulge out of the side of the case.

-----------------------------------------------

To the OP, CRAZY nice built! Totally jealous!

Two things.

1. This is a sweet box.

2. If I were the customer I would keep the feet paint the entire thing brown and do a Domo face on the front. This case literally looks like Domo.

like!

One of the things my irl console gaming friends always complain about in pc gaming is the sheer size of the average gaming pc; I should show them this :)

Like, with one exception: the cutout on the bottom being unique to the graphics card's waterblock. Means that when he decides to go from a GTX580 to a GTX680 next year, the entire bottom has to be remanufactured.

I noticed your standoffs are set out long. I was wondering if there was a reason for that. Did you consider trim around any of the exterior holes? Did you use a biscuit slotter to make the acrylic bends?

Top notch work.

does the psu not line up with the screw holes or soemthing?

It's gorgeous, but that power supply has made me nervous ever since I first saw this build.

does the psu not line up with the screw holes or soemthing?

It's gorgeous, but that power supply has made me nervous ever since I first saw this build.

No not perfectly :(
Its still fully secured on the inside though...check out the build log for details :)

i did something like this few years back involving a 6800GT. Your build is amazing great work.

Might be the best miniITX build I've ever seen. Full size ATX PSU, slim optical drive, PERFECT. I just hope a manufacturer will notice, build a knockoff, and give you some royalties :)

It really is a shame that the GPU waterblock will remain hidden though :(

Damn! You are a pro [H]'er indeed.

Now... Shut up and take money! (How much would you charge for building another one, same components, time and labor... just curious?)

I'm curious about your use of the VelociRaptor without the ice box. Any performance/heat issues? I'm looking to do the same thing in the SFF build I'm currently working on (Worklog forthcoming).

Holy crap that is an awesome job! I'm also curious on how much it would cost to have one of these built with the same parts?

Unfortunatley i will be starting something a little more Insane shortley but thats in due time!

As for that i think its ingenious the way you have everything set up! Im interested in what the temps are though:

Awesome looking case...but I can't help but see my son's piggy bank when I look at it.

Maybe smaller (shorter) rubber legs?

Awesome! I would have done without the faux carbon-fibre vinyls though.

I thought the system looked much better at this stage but I am partial to black anodized aluminum.

MAX11Lv389.jpg

Back