The Most Boring Day in the 20th Century

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, the most boring day of the 20th Century was back in 1954? I’m willing to bet that the most boring day ever was the one right before this guy decided to write the computer program to figure this out. ;)

“For fun we wrote the program and set it going. When the results came back the winner (or perhaps loser) was April 11, 1954 – a Sunday in the 1950s. Nobody significant died that day, no major events apparently occurred and although a typical day in the 20th century has many notable people being born, for some reason that day had only one who might make that claim.

Thanks, now I know who the most boring person in the world is, makes for a conversation topic at least.
:D

Originally signed by the New York Yankees in 1950, Wright was traded with Virdon to the St. Louis Cardinals on April 11, 1954, in a multiplayer transaction that sent eventual Baseball Hall of Fame outfielder Enos Slaughter to the Yanks.

Hall of Famer!

This is putting me back into my turkey coma, I want to read more about $700 hdmi cables

MLB knows that.

This year one of the World Series games' ratings were lower than an NFL regular-season MNF game being broadcast on cable...

Such is the progression of sports though, especially those sports with MANY games like baseball or basketball. I was glued to my TV for the world series, but the only reason for that is because my home town had a team in it, I couldn't give less of a fuck about baseball the rest of the 28437 games of the year. Hell even football itself doesn't really hold me until the playoffs, only reason I pay any attention at all is due to fantasy football.

Hell I think sports went down the shitter with all the trading of players, you have sports like football where there's a salary cap to squeeze in players, but hey that bad ass defensive person you were cheering for... yeah he got traded to another team who could afford his demands for salary. Baseball? You got teams like the yankees who just buy up all the talent they can get at, and let everyone else play catchup.

Hell I think sports went down the shitter with all the trading of players, you have sports like football where there's a salary cap to squeeze in players, but hey that bad ass defensive person you were cheering for... yeah he got traded to another team who could afford his demands for salary.

You're not rooting for the players, since they all change. You're rooting for the jerseys.

Heh...my dad was born Apr. 11, 1954...:D

I'll have to tell him this and mail him a cookie.

Such is the progression of sports though, especially those sports with MANY games like baseball or basketball. I was glued to my TV for the world series, but the only reason for that is because my home town had a team in it, I couldn't give less of a fuck about baseball the rest of the 28437 games of the year. Hell even football itself doesn't really hold me until the playoffs, only reason I pay any attention at all is due to fantasy football.

The irony of that statement is that although SF played 162 games this year (way, way too many seemingly to you), had they not won their final regular season game, SF would not have even have gone to the post season.

Every game matters.

Hell I think sports went down the shitter with all the trading of players, you have sports like football where there's a salary cap to squeeze in players, but hey that bad ass defensive person you were cheering for... yeah he got traded to another team who could afford his demands for salary. Baseball? You got teams like the yankees who just buy up all the talent they can get at, and let everyone else play catchup.

I bet if you were making $70K a year and MS offered you a $10/mill a year package and your current employer went "no, you cannot leave for MS, I own you!" you'd be filing lawsuits and telling your boss that you're not his slave to own.

The real problem with sports in general are the people who complain about this and that surrounding the leagues, but couldn't really give a "fuck" to understand their ass from their elbow about anything involved with it.

But the problem with baseball is that they don't enforce the rules that are written. This was on display in almost every single game in the post season.

But you'll be happy to know that MLB's about to add an extra round to the post season. So now every game won't matter as much, which is just what non-fans like yourself want: you want the games to matter more, but if your team can't make the playoffs, then you're just not giving a "fuck".

The only way everyone can make the playoffs is if the regular season just doesn't matter at all.

But really, people who can't be bothered to watch the regular season and know the regular ins and outs of a league are ignorant of said sport. Since when is ignorance an opinion?

Originally signed by the New York Yankees in 1950, Wright was traded with Virdon to the St. Louis Cardinals on April 11, 1954, in a multiplayer transaction that sent eventual Baseball Hall of Fame outfielder Enos Slaughter to the Yanks.

Hall of Famer!

thanks for lending far more credit to their study. baseball yippie whippie.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

You're not rooting for the players, since they all change. You're rooting for the jerseys.

Well being lucky enough to have a home city that had multiple pro sports team, I rooted for the players to do well. When the team did poorly you placed it on a player, when the team did great you gave a thumbs up to the person who did well. That's why I don't care as anymore, they want me to root for the jersey, but the reality is I want to see the player in the jersey. Joe Montana on the Chiefs? fucking abomination! Jerry Rice in a Raider's jersey? I wanted to stab my eyes out.

Different game today I understand, but I grew up in a time when you had star players that stayed with a team most of their career. I mean you still see it occasionally with players, but the vast majority of players not so much because for that headline qb you have to pay a random for so everyone else not so much.

The irony of that statement is that although SF played 162 games this year (way, way too many seemingly to you), had they not won their final regular season game, SF would not have even have gone to the post season.

Every game matters.
Or if they didn't play some of those games they lost, then the last game doesn't matter. Complete nonsense snipped..

Back