The Mojo Story - Yes it's true

Viper, you should try to write a novel. Great style there. Patrick F. McManus as a geek. Almost Douglas Adamsish. Loved it. I'd wait for it to come out in paperback tho' :D

I just had a chat with him about around 8:00PM, Relic was running his own small business 2 years ago or more and built it up to a bigger company. That has been keeping him very busy, he said he has like something more than 10 or so employees.

And he committed an computer sin, which I shall not tell anyone, I am forbidden to tell by permission of Relic.

We need a restock of Mojo on isle 10 please, And a price check on the new shipment of Mojo coming next year.
The man or Relic said he would try posting here sometime next year or like he said, business should slow down some, so he could stop on by.

upriverpaddler said:
Viper, you should try to write a novel. Great style there. Patrick F. McManus as a geek. Almost Douglas Adamsish. Loved it. I'd wait for it to come out in paperback tho' :D

Glad you enjoyed it. It was perhaps the most effort and emotion I have ever put into writing.

Keep your eye out for a sequel...

I may have this wrong, memory being what it is, but from time to time it was said that "it was all Relic's fault."
Was that related to Mojo, the rise of the [H]orde, or what? Could someone refresh that historical tidbit?

Fold On!

Celerator, I believe the implication of that statement is that Relic is the reason many of the members started folding ;)

Although I may just be making it up. You'll never know.

rogue_jedi said:
Celerator, I believe the implication of that statement is that Relic is the reason many of the members started folding ;)

This was always my understanding as well. He had (has?) a gift for inspiring people to fold.

Celerator said:
I may have this wrong, memory being what it is, but from time to time it was said that "it was all Relic's fault."
Was that related to Mojo, the rise of the [H]orde, or what? Could someone refresh that historical tidbit?

Fold On!

Rise of the [H]orde.

Relic rocks; and so we "blame" him for his part in the making of this team. There are a ton of other people that we don't hear from much that really helped it reach critical mass also... but yeah "it's Relic's fault" can be used for good (or even evil on occasion).. such is the price of fame :D

Don't blame me, it what the ethanol's fault. :p

Thanks for bumping. I would bet that a lot of people would agree with me that this is the epic thread of the [H] DC forum.

bump from the dead. Thought we might need some of this for the chimp challenge and for some of you who have just recently become active on the forums.

[H]ugh_Freak;1032340527 said:
good stuff indeed.. but where's the MikeMcHugh running a methlab story???

Is that some liquid cooling gone ary? :eek:

Yeah man, that's one hell of a good story. :)
I think almost everyone has a name for the drink concoction mentioned in the story. In my case it was called "PJ" (purple Jesus, no disrespect to anyones religion).

That Everclear will definitely make you take all your clothes off and bark at tha' moon :p

Is that some liquid cooling gone ary? :eek:

Its about the cops being called on him cause his windows were open with fans in them during the winter. I looked for the story a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find it. Maybe relic or someone that remembers it well enough can tell it... or better yet get Mike or Sean to come tell it.

I think almost everyone has a name for the drink concoction mentioned in the story. In my case it was called "PJ" (purple Jesus, no disrespect to anyones religion).

That Everclear will definitely make you take all your clothes off and bark at tha' moon :p

It has that name because after a while all you can see is the color purple and if you drink any more you will see Jesus :p

[H]ugh_Freak;1032340527 said:
good stuff indeed.. but where's the MikeMcHugh running a methlab story???

+1

I remember reading the original version here. It was a few years ago.

Hey Mike... can you help with the Meth Lab story?

Legendary thread. I had to link it over at MPC when asked about mojo. Pink T-Birds FTW!

Note to everyone, please keep the Everclear away from jws. :D

Take a look at the post about MikeMcHugh hits 5 million. (it is closer now to 7) I retold the Meth Lab story in that thread.

I know this is an old thread, but i just read it for the first time and this is amazing. I know a lot of the new guys around here will enjoy it.

Bump

Oh the meth lab one was probably my favorite. If I recall it even got frontpaged by Steve.

When that happens to you, you KNOW you are [H]ard for the [H]orde.

holy crap, never read this before. Its pure win!

Take a look at the post about MikeMcHugh hits 5 million. (it is closer now to 7) I retold the Meth Lab story in that thread.

After reading that, I had to go find this:

Well I did get the flood under control. I am trying to get the computers back up to snuff. I have had to retire several old machines because of blown caps, you might say they are "relics." As for the Meth Lab story I don't have the original...... but I remember like it was yesterday. It was on St Patrick's day to be exact. I had gone up to the hospital to see a new grandson being born. With a surname of McHugh you can imagine my pride to have a grandson born on the Irish holiday all Americans love. Upon my return home my youngest son said "the cops were just here." I of course immediately asked what he had been doing. He said, 'they were looking for you." They had come to check on a report from one of the neighbors that there was a meth lab. It had to be a meth lab because all winter long they have the windows open and fans running! There are cars there all hours of the day! (I have 5 boys. They all have cars. They like to visit.) My son graciously showed them the Meth lab with all 40 computers running. They got a pretty good laugh out of it. One of the local constabulary said he knew my brother and had heard I was "in to computers." It is weird but that grandson just had his 5th birthday. I have been at this a long time! Now I am getting rid of those old computers and replacing them with newer blood. Did I understand someone to say that the PS3 plays games too? I'll look closer at my two and see about that. Don't tell the grandkids. They'll want me to turn off folding and play games on them.

I remember when Relic first posted this. Told myself i was gonna make some of it.

Sounds like a plan for the weekend, thank you class 6, 8$ bottle of ever Lear out the door :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back