The Modern Warfare 2 Killer - A Poll

Who will kill MW2?

• Modern Warfare 2 will NEVER die!

Votes: 19 5.4%
  • Modern Warfare 2 was never king, so why bother?

Votes: 119 34.0%
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Votes: 171 48.9%
  • The New Medal of Honor

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Other!

Votes: 29 8.3%

• Total voters
Hmmm I was expecting BF:BC2 to take over the top spot over MW2 but that just didn't seem to happen. For those that don't know, just scroll to the bottom and click: View Steam players per game.
Matter of fact it seems to be way behind, lol. Surprising that MW2 MP is still on the top of the list even after all this time has passed.

Yea I know someone is gonna say that Steam stats aren't accurate but until someone shows a site that is I'll stick with sites like Steam for comparisons.

Remember that MW2 is a steam based game whilst BFBC2 can be had both EADM, Steam etc. Steam is just a chunk of it, though not sure how big of a chunk.
Yea I realize that but can you show any sites that show total usage of game stats? It would be nice to see one if one is even available.

XFire shows it changing between MW2 and BF:BC2. Each day they change back and forth. Funny though that when you click on MW2 it says its second (WOW being first) with no change in 114 days and yet the list shows it in third as of right now, lol. So with both Steam and XFire stats it looks like BF:BC2 isn't the MW2 killer.

Yea I realize that but can you show any sites that show total usage of game stats? It would be nice to see one if one is even available.

XFire shows it changing between MW2 and BF:BC2. Each day they change back and forth. Funny though that when you click on MW2 it says its second (WOW being first) with no change in 114 days and yet the list shows it in third as of right now, lol. So with both Steam and XFire stats it looks like BF:BC2 isn't the MW2 killer.

I have no sources or anything, but you cant really double up on Xfire and Steam for MW2. Possibly for BFBC2, but MW2 is steam based only. So even if it isnt a killer, its pretty close? I dont know lol. But probably not.

I have no sources or anything, but you cant really double up on Xfire and Steam for MW2. Possibly for BFBC2, but MW2 is steam based only. So even if it isnt a killer, its pretty close? I dont know lol. But probably not.
Yea i know, I was just kinda using XFire to show the amount of BF:BC2 players.
So if we add up all the Steam and XFire players playing BF:BC2 it still don't add up to the amount of people playing MW2 according to Steam :(. Mind you also that I'm sure that some of the same people that use Steam to play also use XFire so even counting them possible people twice it still don't add up to what steam shows for MW2.

I haven't played MW2 but I've seen my boy playing it on the XBOX, but gameplay wise It does look fun but I think I'll stick with BF:BC2 for myself, lol.

How did they shaft over the PC users?

Oh, right, we're not using thinking, we're just disagreeing out of bloody-mindedness. ;)

hey guys can i have some attention please....thanks...

I didn't say they shafted PC users, I said the game was still shit right up until the beta ended and they released the full game. People were screaming about bugs out the ass the entire time and nothing was done, they just ended the beta and out the door it went. I have no idea where it is now as I didn't buy it, but from what I've read over at the EA forums it don't look any better.

The new F.A.G.S. video is funny as hell. I haven't played BC2 yet but I can tell already it's the shit.

Gave me a good laugh that something like this ruins games. You do know you can mute it right?

It's built into the game. I guess for some reason, the dev's thought that having a guy scream out "Fuck, I am hit!" was completely necessary for the realism of the game.

wait til the final game releases when admins will actually have control of the servers they host.. the excessive swearing will stop.. but its still no where as bad as halo 2 and 3 with all those stupid ass kids swearing left and right.. swear some of them i want to go to their house and stab their parents for raising such a pathetic child..
I hope you are right. I miss the days when people actually showed respect to their fellow gamers. Nowadays you type GG at the end and some smart ass always has to say GTFU Fag or something about your mom. It's childish, annoying, and bad sportsmanship. If you would have pulled that back in the hey day of SOF2, you and all the people with your tag would have been banned off a server and then your own friends would have been pissed at you for giving them a bad rep and you would have been apologizing for doing it and trying to make it right.

How can you be so offended by a word? Fuck is no worse than darn or crap, people just perceive it as horrible for some reason. Fuck man.

It's just personal preference. I like to game with my children and obviously, they know the F-Bomb is unacceptable, so what kind of example would I be if I were to get them into BC2? Of course, MW2 is far worse just because of he sheer lack of respect people have for each other in that game. There is no accountability, if you are in a game with a cheater or a fowl mouthed person, the only thing you can do is leave and take a loss, while the pain in the ass gets to stay in the game and ruin it for everyone else with his actions.

As a former Battlefield series clan member turned occasional gamer, BFBC2 was a disappointment. I know how the game was meant to be played, but among a bunch of random gamers the whole teamplay aspect is essentially lost. Sometimes you can go hours without a decent team experience due to too many things - poor players, poor connections, server issues, server browser issues, account sync problems (dont get access to your unlocks, etc)... and it just becomes more trouble than it's worth a couple hours a night. It also takes forever from desktop to gameplay!

I then drop into COD4:MW (not MW2) multiplayer and within seconds I've got some pretty wicked action going.

Yeah, that was the reference.

I didn't say they shafted PC users, I said the game was still shit right up until the beta ended and they released the full game. People were screaming about bugs out the ass the entire time and nothing was done, they just ended the beta and out the door it went. I have no idea where it is now as I didn't buy it, but from what I've read over at the EA forums it don't look any better.

I thought your post was in response to my claim that BFBC2 didn't screw over the PC platform.

For true game hours/players to be compared you probably have to go to a lot of effort to show BC2's play time, with Xfire and Steam and Gamespy and god knows what else. Maybe EA will release some statistics. But then it's not really worth it for something that isn't particularly interesting.

It's just personal preference. I like to game with my children and obviously, they know the F-Bomb is unacceptable, so what kind of example would I be if I were to get them into BC2?

They know the F-Bomb is unacceptable, so they should be able to handle it, right? After-all, I'm sure they know KILLING PEOPLE is unacceptable, so I doubt they'll go out and do that after playing a game like BC2.

They know the F-Bomb is unacceptable, so they should be able to handle it, right? After-all, I'm sure they know KILLING PEOPLE is unacceptable, so I doubt they'll go out and do that after playing a game like BC2.

This!!!

I have no idea why parents take this attitude with violence but then don't want their kids to see a half dressed women or curse. Baffles me as a new parent.

Anyway Activision is killing has killed continues to kill the entire Call of Duty franchise!!!! I really don't believe it was meant to be the Madden of FPS.

This!!!

I have no idea why parents take this attitude with violence but then don't want their kids to see a half dressed women or curse. Baffles me as a new parent.

Anyway Activision is killing has killed continues to kill the entire Call of Duty franchise!!!! I really don't believe it was meant to be the Madden of FPS.

Please, someone tastefully Photoshop Madden onto the cover of MW2 wearing a flak jacket like a war reporter LOL

Back