the MCP655 pumps are damn tough!

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
never really gave it any thought until today, but these old pumps are insanely robust.

i bought a used swiftech MCP655 pump off ebay. came defective, impeller bearing wasn't seated right. had a bit of an argument with the seller of this, eventually got resolved. i then found a forum member here who had a failed pump but good impeller. he sold it to me cheap and it's been running fine ever since.

that was over 10 years ago! the thing still works fine today, no abnormal noise, corrosion, etc. works like new. i keep waiting for it to start failing but it doesn't happen.

funny to think of i originally built this to cool an opteron 165 and two nvidia 7900 GTO's in SLI. good times. this is my 3rd build with the same parts.

I think my D5 is from 2007 and it's still running strong and I have another I picked up off craigslist circa 2006 and I have no issue assuming it will live forever unless I try actively to kill it.

I remember one of the first Swiftech heatsinks, with screw pin fins and super thick copper heatspready, friggen solid tanks they were.

I have two D5s in my system. One I believe was manufactured in 2004 or so, and it is still going strong.

I always wanted one of those so badly but I was running water when they were being sold so there was absolutely no point :(

Haha I wanted one too until the Scythe Ninja Rev1. Maybe one day I'll come to the liquid side ;)

swiftmcxc370_detail2.jpg

#Memories

Had my d5 since 2008. Still going strong in its 4 build. Just brought another one to stick a new thread ripper build on water.

I have been amazed at how quiet these D5 pumps are at full RPM. I have to touch those to make sure they are running.

Back