the matrix: path of neo

clownvomit

Limp Gawd
so i just saw the trailer for this and Its F'ing dope. Or at least it looks dope. Anyone heard anything good or bad about this game? Nov 8th is right around the corner.

So far the Matrix franchise in game form is 0 for 2.

Let's see if the third time's the charm.

Well on paper it SEEMS like this might actually be a winner.

Considering that NEO doesn't need to die in the game unlike in M:Revolution. Apparently the Wachosci brother created new plots and what not for the game.

Like is said.. i will wait and see what is up :)

The trailor got me. I'm not huge on perfect graphics, but the moves they showed in the trailor where movie like, so I have to give it a go.

I'm with you on the other matrix games though......stink!

I must be one of the few that enjoyed Enter the Matrix, and I have to say this game looks badass. Im definitely getting this game for sure.

Does the trailer not say the game is out on Nov 24th? Game looks alright, kinda wish they had the original voices in it.

rfwinters77 said:
So far the Matrix franchise in game form is 0 for 2.

Let's see if the third time's the charm.

Ehhh, Enter the Matrix was okay ... it didn't blow goats or anything. It wasn't incredible, but it was better than a lot of games I've played.

busta_cap said:
Ehhh, Enter the Matrix was okay ... it didn't blow goats or anything. It wasn't incredible, but it was better than a lot of games I've played.

I never played it, actually.

I was just going by the reviews I've read/seen. (Gamerankings.com has both
the current Matrix games in the 60's....so D more or less on average).

My brother liked the game, though and it's score wasn't in the 40's or below,
so I know it's not total crap.

:D

Come on, even the developers admit that Enter the Matrix was a rushed game for movie release. I think I heard stated that this game uses teh same engine, so in my train of thought, this game is what Enter The Matrix should have looked and played like, instead they just banked off the movies release and I think they banked a ton.

Movieesa said:
Does the trailer not say the game is out on Nov 24th? Game looks alright, kinda wish they had the original voices in it.

you are aware that they do :)

Hugo Weaving does agent smith in the game
Keanu does Neo
Morpheus Lawrence Fishburne

etc

Ninja edit:

straight from IMDB :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451118/

figgie said:
you are aware that they do :)

Hugo Weaving does agent smith in the game
Keanu does Neo
Morpheus Lawrence Fishburne

etc

Ninja edit:

straight from IMDB :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451118/

Actually none of them came back to do their retrospect characters, at least not their voices. If you check the credits at the end of the manual it lists the actors who voiced the characters.

Movieesa said:

It's available at the Target I work at for PC now...

Z(+)DIAC said:
Actually none of them came back to do their retrospect characters, at least not their voices. If you check the credits at the end of the manual it lists the actors who voiced the characters.

Yea...just watching the advertisement on television made it obvious that Keanu wasn't voicing Neo. "My name...is Neo" sounded completely wrong.

The voice of Neo is pretty off. I have to say they did a fine job with the actor who does Morepheus. Trinity isn't too bad, but you can tell it's not her. I have yet to hear any other main characters as I am not too far into the game.

I didn't enjoy Enter the Matrix, but Path of Neo looks really promising. I hope they pull it off because the Matrix franchise is so suitable for a kick ass action game done right.

Everything I have read sounds good, but what worries me is the framerate problems that keep coming up in previews. IGN says it's so bad that your controller inputs don't always sync up with the action on screen. This could be a game breaker if they don't fix it before release.

If you like the Matrix...and I mean REALLY like the Matrix this game is mildly tolerable.....

Lower you expectations a lot for this one....

EekTheKat said:
If you like the Matrix...and I mean REALLY like the Matrix this game is mildly tolerable.....

Lower you expectations a lot for this one....

I don't see how you can say lower them a lot. Being an avid Matrix fan myself I have to say this game isn't bad, but it's not superb either. The hand to hand combat and combos are enough to buy/rent it though.

If you enjoy the Matrix franchise, and at least could tolerate Enter the Matrix then defintely have a look into this one.

It's ok, except for the fact that most of the cutscenes you cannot skip, which gets really really annoying for the 10th time

Z(+)DIAC said:
I don't see how you can say lower them a lot. Being an avid Matrix fan myself I have to say this game isn't bad, but it's not superb either. The hand to hand combat and combos are enough to buy/rent it though.

If you enjoy the Matrix franchise, and at least could tolerate Enter the Matrix then defintely have a look into this one.

Would you consider to be better thn EtM?

You all who are playing this game, drop some points on what you hate or love about this game for the rest of us.

I want to know if I should rent it or not when it hits 7 days /$2.00 status ;)

I thought ETM was merely, ok. The graphics were fine, but the controls and movement of the game was so choppy. It was like the animations were half there, probably due to the rushing of it all.

MORE DETAILS!

heyyy, Michael Cough is in this as Agent Brown.
He's a familiar voice, also worked for Shiny in sacrifice (as the main character)
And he's Diablo's Deckard Cain, and Aldaris in Starcraft, he's done tons of VG voices, you might well recognise him.

Colonel Sanders said:
Would you consider to be better thn EtM?

100 times better.

Don't get me wrong, it has it's faults (graphics could be a little better, voice acting), but I've never seen such great implementation of story weaving and a combat system like this one has. It has every move you've seen in the films and then some. What's really cool is that you can combine moves. Meaning one minute you can be bullet-time shooting at a guy and the next second switch to hand to hand combat to finish him off.

I have only scratched the surface of this game, but I've enjoyed my time so far. It covers all three movies as well, so there are a shitload of levels.

Kahnvex said:
You all who are playing this game, drop some points on what you hate or love about this game for the rest of us.

I want to know if I should rent it or not when it hits 7 days /$2.00 status ;)

I thought ETM was merely, ok. The graphics were fine, but the controls and movement of the game was so choppy. It was like the animations were half there, probably due to the rushing of it all.

MORE DETAILS!

Whatever you knew about ETM you should definitely throw it out. Of course they are related by the Matrix Franchise, but that is as far as it should go. The graphics of course aren't top notch as they were designed for aging systems, but they are still passable. The gameplay is where it is at. Gunplay is cool, but the hand combat combo system is mind blowing. As mentioned previously.

If you are unsure definitely rent this. If you are an avid fan of the matrix and were not deterred by ETM, just buy the damn thing.

Note: If I were to buy now I would probably go with a console. If you plan on buying or playing it again far down the road, I would go with pc as there will be patches for this version.

ive been playing the game for about a week or so, and i love it. i didnt really play enter the matrix (tried it out for pc but didnt like it too much) but path of neo is pretty ill. u can do a lot of fuckin moves man. the cool part is the more focus you get, the longer u can chain your moves. the graphics arent that good honestly, and the camera angles gets annoying at time, but other than that i love it. the last time i had this much fun playing a game was spider man 2. ima huge matrix fan tho, so im biased.

the one thing i like about it is that it's getting increasingly harder and harder to beat. more enemies are showing up, and the agents are countering your moves better as u go on. im prolly around 35% done i think, and i honestly dont want it to end. id give the game either a 8 or 9. had graphics been better, and controls been a little tighter, it could have been a close 10 in my book. its one of those games that ull either love or hate.

it's not keanu thats playing neo's voice, but it's pretty decent. morpheus sounds dead on. i didnt even know it wasnt him until i read it on this board.

I'm picking this game up tonight. I really liked the Matrix trilogy and Enter the Matrix as well, even though it was really rough around the edges. I had a few friends who agreed with the general gaming population that EtM was total crap. However, I found it to be pretty fun overall (although the vehicle levels were utter garbages...) and stuck with it, and got really good with the various combos and moves you could do, both melee and with guns.

Eventually one of my friends who had written off the game as a complete waste of time watch me play it one time after I had gotten really good at it. Immediately he said it looked awesome and he wanted to try it and give it another chance.

Everything I've read so far about PoN seems to indicate it's a pretty big improvement over EtM overall, and getting to play as The One should be pretty awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

Back