The Mandalorian- new Disney+ Star Wars series

$12.99 for disney+, hulu, and espn. take that netflix.

ESPN's streaming service is shit. It's not ESPN proper. I'm dieing for them to put ESPN on a streaming service as it's literally the last property on cable keeping me paying for TV. College football has me for life (the U bitches) and it's all on ESPN owned channels.

ESPN's streaming service is shit. It's not ESPN proper. I'm dieing for them to put ESPN on a streaming service as it's literally the last property on cable keeping me paying for TV. College football has me for life (the U bitches) and it's all on ESPN owned channels.
There are several TV streaming services that are cable replacements that have ESPN: YouTube TV, PSVue, and Sling are a few examples.

There are several TV streaming services that are cable replacements that have ESPN: YouTube TV, PSVue, and Sling are a few examples.

I was specifically commenting on that Disney bundle. The ESPN portion is largely international sports that have a much smaller US audience, it's not ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.

I was specifically commenting on that Disney bundle. The ESPN portion is largely international sports that have a much smaller US audience, it's not ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.

ESPN+ is 99% soccer. Every now and then tennis. Did watch the boxing match on saturday.

Pundits on CNBC talking this up for disney, i think all fail to realize that you can't watch anything popular on + without a corresponding subscription(activates with my PSVue)

another great thing is that the Disney+ service costs only $6.99 a month...and that includes 4K, Dolby Vision, Atmos support...plus four simultaneous streams, up to 7 profiles and commercial-free viewing...that's a crazy low price for all that

Disney also announced that Ewan McGregor will be reprising his iconic role as Obi-Wan Kenobi for a new series on Disney+...the series takes place eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith, where we last saw Obi-Wan delivering the infant Luke Skywalker to his Tatooine homestead...the show will follow Obi-Wan as he watches over the hidden son of Anakin Skywalker and his wife Padme...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/obi-wa...g-next-year-all-scripts-ready-d23-1202703228/

Lucusfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy made it official

It will be shit

ESPN+ has a lot of UFC content. That's worthwhile if you're a fan. I'm not sold on Disney+ having much at the start, but the bundle has some appeal to me. The quality seems rather high if nothing else.

My gut says I'll hold out on getting D+ until there are at least a fair amount of new programs in the can. And if nothing ties into the next Marvel film, I'll probably wait a year, binge the crap out of it for a month or 2 then go on hiatus for several months. Just don't see the point in having a ton of services, when I can't keep up with Netflix. For now, I need to catch up on a few shows on that, then get CBS for a month, binge 3 or 4 shows (more if there's something I really want to watch) then cancel it for a year.

Make Disney+ and the show available internationally on day 1, or... Welp ill leave that up to people’s imagination.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13340191-3-years-disney-streaming-service-subscription-141?src=frontpage

They're looking to hook people. I'm weak and will most likely be one of those hooked.
It's a good deal if you intend to watch a lot of D+, but I'm not convinced they'll have enough new content to get to sub for year 1, much less 3 straight years. But if I had kids at home, I think I'd pay it. 4 bucks/month is reasonable and while I might not have much use for it, the kids would certainly find lots of kid friendly content.

It's a good deal if you intend to watch a lot of D+, but I'm not convinced they'll have enough new content to get to sub for year 1, much less 3 straight years. But if I had kids at home, I think I'd pay it. 4 bucks/month is reasonable and while I might not have much use for it, the kids would certainly find lots of kid friendly content.
I look at it as: 1/3 the price of Netflix. Or 1/4 the price of a movie ticket. (I'm pretty sure I can find 4 hours a month worth of content on Disney's service.)

Just when I was like... I don't need another streaming service .......

A friend of mine, not me. Says he uses plex and is able to grab and play whatever he, not me, wants. Seems like he, not me, has a work around to all these services that will end up costing the same as cable...

A friend of mine, not me. Says he uses plex and is able to grab and play whatever he, not me, wants. Seems like he, not me, has a work around to all these services that will end up costing the same as cable...
I have friends and family in the industry, if they were to catch me doing that stuff they would be most perturbed.... That said I don't watch very much so chances are I'll wait a year and buy the series on BluRay or iTunes...

is disney+ has every SW series (including then animated series) I'm in

IOW, he's pirating movies/tv shows. And this stuff only costs as much as cable if you're incapable of subscribing to one or 2 services and maybe swapping a third one out every month or 2. If you're using Hulu for TV shows, then maybe you need it, but pretty much everything else can be swapped out. For me, it's Netflix and prime, but if you don't use the shipping, then even that can be picked up for 1-2 months a year. Same with CBS All Access (which I think you can get one month a year (unless you don't want to put up an antenna for whatever TV shows you like on the network).

If you're treating every single streaming service as necessary to have all the time, then you gotta pay through the nose. The entire reason streaming/ala carte service is good is because you don't have to pay activation fees.

is disney+ has every SW series (including then animated series) I'm in
It's supposed to have them all and it's supposed to have Rise of Skywalker sometime next year too.
I look at it as: 1/3 the price of Netflix. Or 1/4 the price of a movie ticket. (I'm pretty sure I can find 4 hours a month worth of content on Disney's service.)
I get it and if you're going to watch it, it's worth it. I just can't justify adding another service. As for movies, I pay 20/month for 3 movies/week, including IMAX and Dolby Cinema. I've figured out what is my ideal seat for each screen, so book that seat, get there, push the button to recline and enjoy the movie.

It's supposed to have them all and it's supposed to have Rise of Skywalker sometime next year too.

I get it and if you're going to watch it, it's worth it. I just can't justify adding another service. As for movies, I pay 20/month for 3 movies/week, including IMAX and Dolby Cinema. I've figured out what is my ideal seat for each screen, so book that seat, get there, push the button to recline and enjoy the movie.

Bye bye Netflix, you won't be missed. I mean the only series I ever watched was clone wars.

Bye bye Netflix, you won't be missed. I mean the only series I ever watched was clone wars.
yeah in your case, it doesn't make sense to have Netflix. I doubt I'd have kept it at all if that's all I watched. I could probably spend the next year watching nothing but netflix and in 9/2020, I'd have more stuff in my watch list than I have today.

Might be worth getting the 3 year deal for 144 (before the deal expires on 09/2 or 9/3).

I love that Herzog, one of the finest (and strangest) directors of the past 50 years, does roles like this -- he's great in them. It's as if your esteemed, stuffy history professor did a stint as a LARP-er and got really into it. Makes me wish David Lynch would act more.

The rest of the cast looks really interesting... some quality actors/names there.

I've got the AMC service too. (And pay for the GF's.)
Totally worth it, even though it's 24 now.

I've got the AMC service too. (And pay for the GF's.)
Totally worth it, even though it's 24 now.
Did it go up a 2nd time or are you in one of the few states (CA, NY, CT, MA, NJ) that have the highest price? I'm currently paying 22 (I just say 20, since that's what it is in the vast majority of states) and it appears that's still the going rate here.

Did it go up a 2nd time or are you in one of the few states (CA, NY, CT, MA, NJ) that have the highest price? I'm currently paying 22 (I just say 20, since that's what it is in the vast majority of states) and it appears that's still the going rate here.
Ahh, I'm in MA.
Dolby seats (what I aim for) is 18 or 19 a ticket here!

Ahh, I'm in MA.
Dolby seats (what I aim for) is 18 or 19 a ticket here!
Looks liek they cost the same amount here for Dolby (assuming that's at night). Matinees here vary. I think first showing is often fairly inexpensive, but after that I think they're around 15 bucks until 5pm

Now all we need is a live action series involving Ashoka Tano. Quite possibly the best arc of Clone Wars into Rebels

I'm more excited to rewatch firefly/serenity... has any show/movie been as good since? Not followed star wars really so not sure if that's a prerequisite for this, but the trailer gave no indication of any interesting characters or plot, just some action and loud horns

I'm more excited to rewatch firefly/serenity... has any show/movie been as good since? Not followed star wars really so not sure if that's a prerequisite for this, but the trailer gave no indication of any interesting characters or plot, just some action and loud horns
*any* show? or specifically, Sci-fi?

There's lots of TV shows which are objectively better quality than Firefly. And I say that as a big fan of Firefly. Firefly manages a hell of a lot of character, due to a great cast and smart writing. But its definitely low budget and combined with some of the cheekyness: it often feels like an evolution on the sort of feel/quality we got with Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess.

Serenity manages to stand well with modern peers, such as the recent Star Trek movies. Kind of proves how great the show could have been, had it been allowed to breath and afforded a season 2 budget increase.

If you're talking Sci-fi, specifically: Firefly can be tough to beat on character. But recent stuff like The Expanse and Star Trek: Discovery are doing some cool stuff afforded by more budget and also simply being on air longer. Allowing room for the writing to expand.

And then of course there is Battlestar Galactica, which is mostly great for a couple of seasons. And even when the writing takes dives in the last couple seasons----its still a compelling setting and cast. The director of photography really sewed everything together.

Reactions: Youn
like this
The Expanse is very good.
I enjoyed Defiance a whole lot.
I think SGU was the best Stargate, but it didn't take too well cancelled a bit too soon due to being kind of dark/ unfunny.
But the Expanse is pretty awesome (to me anyway) sci fi done right is you ask me.

Reactions: Youn
like this
The Expanse is very good.
I enjoyed Defiance a whole lot.
I think SGU was the best Stargate, but it didn't take too well cancelled a bit too soon due to being kind of dark/ unfunny.
But the Expanse is pretty awesome (to me anyway) sci fi done right is you ask me.

I’ll have to check out Defiance. I did just watch the Expanse and yeah, it was great. Also just watched Battlestar Galactica for the first time. Nothing like I thought it’d be and either show destroys Star Wars.

I’ll have to check out Defiance. I did just watch the Expanse and yeah, it was great. Also just watched Battlestar Galactica for the first time. Nothing like I thought it’d be and either show destroys Star Wars.
Make sure to look up a viewing order list for Battelstar Galactica. There's a collection of short webisodes which should be watched and should be watched in between specific episodes (nowadays, to see them, you probably either have to own a recent BSG boxed set or....aquire them by other means). There's also a side movie called *The Plan*.

Back