The Mandalorian- new Disney+ Star Wars series

In the case of Boba Fett I wonder how much of the problem was letting Robert Rodriguez do it (still on Disney for that, but things started clicking into place when I learned that)

I generally like him, but you think he woulda toned it down. Guess I was wrong.

I am an enormous fan of the original Trilogy (A New Hope is my fav movie of all time and Empire is easily in my top 5). I thought that the prequels were flawed but I still enjoyed the heck out of watching them: there was so much potential that was held back by the stoic writing and acting.

That said, when Disney bought Star Wars it became unwatchable for me with the exception of the last part of Rogue One. Episode 7 was beyond awful in my view: force-fed radical feminist propaganda does not translate into good story-telling, frankly it made me appreciate the prequels and originals so much more. Padme and Leia were both strong female characters but they had flaws and vulnerabilities that made them human and justified a need for the support of the other protagonists and it made the story interesting. I heard that episode 8 was even worse than 7 with the leftist poliitcal propaganda and so I refused to watch it and spare myself the self-induced nausea. Any new Star Wars from Disney after that point basically became toxic for me. It's too bad because I am sure that there is some good stuff in shows like Mandalorian, I just know that there will also be a ton of poison pills in it pushing agendas that I don't agree with and so I would rather just not watch it at all. I wish Mandalorian had been made 20 years earlier back when entertainment and politics could exist in separate worlds and writers could just focus on making good stories.
You should watch it. There aren't any blatant politics. Just Star Wars eye candy. It ranks as high as TESB on IMDB. Definitely not that good, but entertaining.
...and Lucas should have stopped at VI.
Rogue One was pretty good until they killed off all the characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: gvx64
like this
You should watch it. There aren't any blatant politics. Just Star Wars eye candy. It ranks as high as TESB on IMDB. Definitely not that good, but entertaining.
...and Lucas should have stopped at VI.
Rogue One was pretty good until they killed off all the characters.

I think Rogue One was good, in part, because they killed the characters. They didn't use them to sell toys, backpacks or various merch. They dead. That puts a different spin on the narrative.

I think Rogue One was good, in part, because they killed the characters. They didn't use them to sell toys, backpacks or various merch. They dead. That puts a different spin on the narrative.

They brought one of those characters 'back form the dead', sorry made a prequel of them, to sell a streaming service........

edit: It's the only Star Wars movie I like though, and like that they all died at the end too

Last edited:
They brought one of those characters 'back form the dead', sorry made a prequel of them, to sell a streaming service........

Well, shit. I have not seen Andor so, yeah. That said, the narrative in the moment of Rogue One was quite good with the implied permanence of the characters.

In the case of Boba Fett I wonder how much of the problem was letting Robert Rodriguez do it (still on Disney for that, but things started clicking into place when I learned that)

I generally like him, but you think he woulda toned it down. Guess I was wrong.
Rumor has it that the actors didn't like the change in direction for Boba Fett to be talking as much has he did and having feelings and shit. The actor playing Boba thought he should be been more silent, more brutal and true to the mystery of the original character. A number of people wiggled their way into the Boba Fett production and cocked it up. Like the addition of the cringe inducing Vespa gang. IIRC at the point the Vespa thing was driven, unnaturally, into the show Filloni/Favereau essentially walked off set and didn't return because KK had usurped their show and crammed more BS in.

The show was low stakes terrible (save for the Luke scenes stolen from Mando 3). Even the last battle.... No one but bad guys died. It was a bit too fuzzy and happy for me.

the Vespa thing
I watched that clip above and that was the most stupid low-speed chase I've ever seen that doesn't involve little kids. If someone pulls up next to you and starts stomping a hole in your engine you're not going to just sit there and mug at the camera, you're going to swerve into him and slam him into the wall. Dumb. And then he ran into a fruit stand! What is this, Avatar: the Last Airbender? I expected to hear an old guy yell "oh no, my cabbages!"

I did like the touch of all the scooters having a bunch of mirrors, because I remember that from a few 70s movies.

Edit: See? Better.

Last edited:
Excited for Mando because it’s a lot of fun but Andor is fantastic. It’s the kind of Star Wars story that I’ve wanted to see for a long time. People criticize it for being slow but it’s incredibly shot ,well acted and has real tension and weight. The Star Wars universe is vast with limitless possibilities for stories that aren’t centered around the Skywalker saga. As someone who has read almost all of the comics and now non cannon books I’ve been dying for more serious and well written content that isn’t forced social commentary.

I am an enormous fan of the original Trilogy (A New Hope is my fav movie of all time and Empire is easily in my top 5). I thought that the prequels were flawed but I still enjoyed the heck out of watching them: there was so much potential that was held back by the stoic writing and acting.

That said, when Disney bought Star Wars it became unwatchable for me with the exception of the last part of Rogue One. Episode 7 was beyond awful in my view: force-fed radical feminist propaganda does not translate into good story-telling, frankly it made me appreciate the prequels and originals so much more. Padme and Leia were both strong female characters but they had flaws and vulnerabilities that made them human and justified a need for the support of the other protagonists and it made the story interesting. I heard that episode 8 was even worse than 7 with the leftist poliitcal propaganda and so I refused to watch it and spare myself the self-induced nausea. Any new Star Wars from Disney after that point basically became toxic for me. It's too bad because I am sure that there is some good stuff in shows like Mandalorian, I just know that there will also be a ton of poison pills in it pushing agendas that I don't agree with and so I would rather just not watch it at all. I wish Mandalorian had been made 20 years earlier back when entertainment and politics could exist in separate worlds and writers could just focus on making good stories.
You really need to watch Andor then. That show will knock your socks off. It is subtle and brutal in ways that most people were totally unprepared for. I have always known the empire was evil as hell. But some people out there didn't really get it. This show displays an absolute brutality and complete disregard for life that they always possessed. Even a subtle reference to how they committed genocide on an entire species just to get them out of an area that they had financial interest in. And the species' children's death screams caused psychological damage in humans and they amplified the effect and employed it in the show to break people's minds and took pleasure in it.

It's worth the watch. Dispels any illusion that the Empire was ever justified or good in any way, shape or form.

Or her show could very well been shit like the Boba Fett show too, seems Disney is just throwing crap at the wall seeing if anything sticks with every IP that they own (which is a lot).

The Boba Fett show wasn't shit at all. Just because Disney produced it does not make it automatically bad. They produce some of the best TV content in the industry.

The Boba Fett show wasn't shit at all.
Ima just leave this here

1674064676110.png

I mean whatever was Boba Fett but a guy who didn't speak and had a cool helmet. Yeah that'll make a show. :ROFLMAO:

A bounty hunter. For me and a lot of my friends it was our favorite thing to roleplay with our action figures too. Such a fun time we'd always have, I miss it. I'm very happy that I have Mando season 3 to look forward to in order to bring back those great nostalgic feelings.

Back